Complete in Incomplete (21st Episode)

The Edge Of Us

Minho's POV

I opened my eyes in the morning and saw Hae Jin beside me still sleeping peacefully. So I went to the kitchen and used an apron to cook for our breakfast. Actually, I've never even cooked the rice before.

Today will be a special day for me and her. This is the first time I made a dish for her. And we're going to visit our parents later. We're reunited as a real family. Even my mom told me that Hae Jin's mom will come.

I cooked omelets for her and for me. When it's ready, I knocked the room to wake her up.

"Hae Jin-ah," I called her name. "Wake up."

"Hmm..." She just mumbled and rolled her body.

"I made omelets for you, Jagiya~" I jumped to the bed and caught her reddened face.

"Yah, why are you being like this?!" She half shouted at me.

"Whyy?? Or should I call you yeobo instead?"

"YAH! She threw a pillow to me and I caught it really well. "Don't call me like that. It's so embarrassing!"

I chuckled and put the pillow back on our bed. "Come on, let's eat. It's gonna be a long day."

She followed me to the dining room and ate the dish. After that, we headed to my mom's house.

"It's been a while since the last time I visited her." Hae Jin said.

"Me too."

"It's so sad to live alone like that. I mean, I know what she feels if you have 2 sons but one of them has to live in a different house and the other has never visited her."

"We're visiting her. It doesn't mean I'm not a good son, right? I contact her almost everyday, okay?" I raised my eyebrows. "And don't worry, I'm not going to leave you alone like that. I'll stay forever by your side. I promise that."

I smiled genuinely at her.

I stopped the car and opened the door when we've arrived at my mom's house. I opened the door easily because I have the copied key.

"No, I think their relationship has improved a lot." I head a guy's voice from inside.

"But yeobo, he needs to be more romantic!" This time, I heard a lady's voice.

"Well, he's still very young, I think. He needs to learn. And I don't think it will take a fast time. I'll take him a quite long time." I head another guy's voice. I'm sure this time I heard it a little bit more soft. It looks like the speaker is younger than before.

"Eomonim, Abeoji!" Hae Jin ran to the living room and greeted my mom and dad. "Oh? Annyeong, Oppa!" She greeted the guy who sat near my mom and dad, my hyung.

But it seemed like hyung didn't answer her, he just stared at her.

"Oh. I forgot. I just watched your show for the first time and I'm not really familiar with your face. I'm sorry." Hyung said. "You're Minho's wife, right? My sister-in-law."

Hae Jin nodded her head shyly. Now both of them are officially know each other.

Actually, this is the first time I saw my family gathered like this after that nightmare. So of course, I felt something new's coming.

"Both of them will permanently live in here." Mom said and I saw Hae Jin smiled.

"Wow. It's a good news!" Hae Jin said.

"Yeah. They decided to end their empty, lonely, and tough live and come to us."

"I heard you were talking about me," I decided to change the topic and sat on the couch with them.

"You were watching our show when we arrived, weren't you?"

"Yeah. And I thought you need to be more romantic!! Oh come on, I don't raise a son who's so stiff like a stone, right?"

"Eomma, what are you talking about?!" I thumped my feet. "You have another son too! Look, he doesn't even have a girlfriend!"

"Yah, don't be noisy. Hae Jin's mom will come in minutes."

Then I heard the bell rang.

"Oh. She's here! She's going to have a lunch with us!"

And she came with her husband too. I think this is the second time I meet her dad. Actually the first time was when we had our wedding ceremony.

"Annyeonghaseyo Eomonim, Abeoji." I bowed at them.

"Don't be that formal. You have to see me as your dad too." Abeoji said.

"Appa, I miss you~" Hae Jin ran to her dad's arms and hugged him. "I miss Eomma too~"

"Come on, let's cook and eat our lunch! Eomonim put her bag on the couch, and went to the kitchen.

So we, as the boys, just set the table then sat on the couch to watch a soccer match while the ladies were wearing apron to cook delicious food.

They cooked us a kimchi fried rice, sphagetti, fried chicken, and BBQ beef. We sat down together and enjoyed our meal.

"Yah, Choi Minho, you should feed your wife too!" Dad scolded me and it made Hae Jin's parents laughed.

I obeyed him. I used my spoon to feed Hae Jin and I admit that it was so awkward.

She smiled and chewed roughly to the meal, and so did I.

Actually, the rest our lunch looks like a formal lunch. We didn't talk to much and after we finished, I and my hyung took the part to wash the dishes. After that, we sat down together with the other.

"So, Hae Jin is a professor?" Hyung asked her.

"Well, basically I'm just a housewife right now." She laughed.

"Wow. You should've just taught Minho because he was so lazy!"

"Ani..., I don't really know how to teach people too," She shyly said. "Besides, Minho Oppa is already smart. I mean, he is really success now."

"Ya, hyung. Don't talk about me. What are you doing these days?"

He smiled. "I'm working in a restaurant. Eomma help me."

"From waiters to another waiters?" I actually quiped him a little bit, it's just a joke.

"No. I owned the restaurant this time."

"Woah. Seriously?!"

"Eoh," He proudly said. "Come if you have a time. It's free only for you."

"What if the rest of the members come too?"

"What do you mean by what if? It's okay, come anytime! For them, it's free too."

I laughed. "Okay, okay. We will give you our signatures in return. Plus, I think we'll be able to perform there. I'll confirm it to our manager hyung."

"Wow.. It's really a good thing! Like..., you have so many ideas to attract people to visit my restaurant!" He said with a sparkling eyes. "May I use your photos in the restaurant?"

"Yeah. Please do it so," I agreed. "Anyway, hyung..., Don't you want to have a girlfriend? I mean, you're old enough to have one, right?"

"Well, I'm not focusing on-"

"Don't say that. You have to think about your future, hyung. Having someone to take care of and to think about.... Isn't a bad thing, seriously."

And he just smiled, didn't bother to reply my words. 

But it feels so nice, I mean really nice to stay at home like this. We rarely have a time to gather like this and I'm so happy because of it.

Because now for me, family is almost everything.

***

Hae Jin's POV

"It's been a long time since the last time you called me. Right?" Young Mi almost shouted when I called her.

It was her first sentence, though.

"Yah, you don't need to shout! You know, I'm busy since the show started." I told her. "Can't you forgive me? Okay, I'm sorry. But well, don't you think you should understand me too because I have a husband? And it means you should start to think about your future too. Please find a boyfriend soon."

"Shut up!" She sounded angry.

"But it's the true, right?!"

"Shut up."

I heard something strange from her tone. It sounded like she was really angry and she has never really showed me that side of her.

It was so scary.

Something must be happened to her.

"H-Hey-"

"Sorry, but I think I have to go now. I need to study and you have to take care of your husband. Bye." She cut me off and ended the call.

I don't understand why were these things coming for me. It's so hard to even realize that she just scolded me.

It's so strange and I'm sure that something must be happened to her.

"I'm sure that something is bothering you." Minho Oppa asked as he climbed on the bed.

He just walked from the toilet. He just took a shower and I could smelled his strong scent around me. It's so fresh but also sweet at the same time.

"I just called Young Mi. You know, it's been a long time since the last time I called her..."

"And then?"

"Well, I think she's busy but..., it's so strange because I heard some coldness from her words. I mean, she doesn't do that usually. She's kind and always talked to me with her warm voice. I don't understand why she sounded like she hated me."

"Don't think like that," He patted my shoulder and sighed. "Maybe you're right, maybe she's to busy and stress because of her school homework and tasks. Don't you think so?"

"It might be true, actually."

"It's alright," He gave me a comforting smile. "Sleep early and everything will be better tomorrow. Oh, I'll take you to SHINee's dorm tomorrow."

I smiled and slept with the thoughts that I should let it go and give her some time to take a rest. Everything will be alright, right?

***

"Don't you want to sleep for another night?" Eomonim asked us as we packed our things up.

"No, mom. We're gonna stay in SHINee's dorm. Don't worry, Hae Jin's safe with us." Minho Oppa calmed her down as he hugged her tight.

"Okay, take care, Choi Minho." Eomonim still hugged him tight and Minho just could nodded his head.

"Hyung, take care of mom. If anything happens to her, I'm the first one who should know it. Call me if anything happens, okay?"

"Don't worry to much and just go," Abeoji broke the hug with a warm smile.

Both of them were saying a goodbye, hugged each other and Minho Oppa slowly took my hand to the car.

It must be felt really good to have a family. I meant, they're really close to each other even though distance separated them for years. No, family will never forget each other. That's why I'm sure Minho Oppa will accept things all over again, step by step.

"Where are you looking at?" Minho Oppa asked me as he drove the car.

"No, I'm just thinking about you and your family. It's so nice see everything in flashback."

"You're so weird." Minho Oppa raised his eyebrows but then kept smiling from ear to ear as he held my hand tightly.

"Okay, so we've arrived in my second family's house- actually dorm. I welcome you in SHINee's dorm." He laughed as he opened the door for me. 
I laughed too. We took an elevator and entered the password to the apartment's door.

"All of them are here," Minho Oppa mumbled as soon as he saw the shoes on the rack. "I don't know what's going on today but it seems like they're free."

"Oh, Minho-ya! Annyeong, Hae Jin-ah!" Jonghyun Oppa who was running from his room to the toilet stopped for a while to greet us.

He even froze at the spot.

"Annyeong, Jonghyun Oppa." I greeted him too.

"I didn't know that you're coming!"

"I'm sorry we didn't tell you first," I said.

"No, you always surprise us whenever you come to our dorm." Key Oppa came out from nowhere as he cleaned the dorm.

"Annyeong, Key Oppa." I greeted him too.

Then I saw Onew Oppa and Taemin Oppa were playing with Comme Des in the kitchen.

"Annyeong Onew Oppa, Taemin Oppa." I greeted them too.

Onew Oppa smiled at me and replied to my greeting, but Taemin Oppa just looked at me, smiled quickly then went to his room.

Wait. What's wrong with him?

I didn't do anything wrong, right? What's so wrong about greet someone first?

Why does it feel like everything went so wrong today? What happened with the world?

Or is it my fault? What happened with me? Is there anything that I didn't know?