No More (20th Episode)

The Edge Of Us

Hae Jin's POV

"What do you think about having a job?" The staff asked me.

"I know my daily life is really boring. And I know many people there say things such as "It's such a waste for a professor like you to end up cleaning the house everyday." or "You should try another work to improve. Don't think you're the smartest one." and else. And I'm thinking about that too..., but I don't know how to start all of these so well..., I think their comments won't affect me that much."

"How do you feel when Minho-ssi made a move and it looked like he approached you first?"

"I like the way he could say sweet words to me. I like the way he treated me like the way I think it should be. I like the way he told me about his friends and did a surprise event for me. But above all, I'm glad that he could take one step closer to his dad. I think it proves me that Minho Oppa is a good son and so I'm proud of him."

"Do you know that this show is coming to an end, soon?"

I shook my head slowly and gulped really hard.

"Why...?" I asked the staff. "What episode is this?"

"We're on our 20th episode."

There's a long silence and I nodded my head, a little bit stiffen. Too shocked to know the reality.

"We believe you've come this far and  I think it's not impossible for you to continue your relationship happily after this. Although we still hope for a better future for you, we think your relationship has improved a lot."

"Well...., thank you?"

"We hope you could do something meaningful before this show ends because we know both of you will be very, very busy after this show ends and we hope you could remember the times when you were happy because of him through this show. And not only because of him, but because of us too."

***

Minho's POV

"Don't forget to call Hae Jin soon." Manager hyung looked at me as he narrowed his eyes. "She'll come soon, right?"

"Well..., I think so."

"I wonder how are you doing with her. I mean..., I do watch the show but....-"

"We're doing fine, hyung. Don't worry. I think we're getting closer, thanks to this show."

"I'm glad to hear that." I saw his smiled. "Arraseo, I'll leave, okay? I'm gonna pick both of you up later, after I took Jonghyun to broadcasting building. Arraseo?" I nodded my head as I watched him leaving the dorm.

I looked at him when I realized he was looking at Taemin who sat beside me.

"What, hyung?" Taemin asked him.

"Nothing. Just don't forget that you have a schedule too. Somehow I think you're still in daze. And I know you often forget many important things. So don't forget that you have a schedule too." He said. "An exact same schedule like Minho."

"Hmm.." Taemin just murmured then our Manager hyung went out to take Jonghyun hyung to the broadcasting building.

"So..., what we're going to do today?" Taemin asked me with his sleepy eyes. "I'm sorry, I can't concentrate."

"No problem," I answered him. "We're going to shoot a commercial film today? Right? I think it's a chocolate CF."

"Ah, I see." He nodded his head and I did it too. Then I took my phone, pressed speed dial number 3. I called Hae Jin.

"Yeoboseyo?" She answered.

"Hae Jin-ah, I'm gonna pick you up in 10 minutes, okay? Get ready now because I'm getting ready too. We're going with Taeminie."

"What?!"

"Wait. Didn't Manager hyung told you that we're going to have a CF shooting today?"

"Oh Gosh! I forgot!"

"Tsk. Come on. Get ready and be on time, arraseo? Annyeong~" I ended the call.

I looked at Taemin who's looking at me weirdly.

"I think I know why people say, you're going to be a weird person once you fall in love with someone. You just gave me a very clear example."

"What do you mean?"

"Nothing," He shrugged his shoulder. "It's just I think people change once they're with their love ones. Right?"

I laughed bitterly. "No, you're wrong. You can't stress yourself with your job like this. I mean; focusing on your job, doing many activities, giving your best effort, is really good. But don't forget that you have a privacy, limits, and personal life. It's not good to overwork yourself, overdo this and that, and force yourself to handle too many jobs in one time. You're not a superman, right? You're loved by everyone, so that's why you should start to open your heart and love someone too."

***

After I said my words, it looked like we built a line between us and no one of us bother to break it with a word. Silence, a total silence.

He went to his room, changed his outfit and took a quick breakfast before he followed me into my car.

He opened the door on the back side, and sat comfortably and it looks like I'm his driver.

"Hey, why don't you sit here? I mean.., don't make me look like your driver."

"No, I just giving a space for Hae Jin."

"But well..., we haven't even arrived-"

"Why don't you start the engine, hyung? I'm worried if we're late."

He made me shut my mouth and drove my car to mine and Hae Jin's apartment in silence without saying anything.

I know person could changed so fast, I know things sometimes turned out quite far from my expectation, I know there's nothing lasts forever.

But somehow I think he has changed to the point that I think he's so strange. I look at him like he's a stranger around me. And maybe..., I think he sees me as the stranger one.

As soon as I arrived at the building, I got the most comfortable space to park so I could immediately run to our apartment and call Hae Jin because we need to leave as soon as possible.

"Oh? Oppa? You're really fast." I heard Hae Jin's voice from the kitchen after I came into the apartment. "Annyeong, Taemin Oppa!" She added after she saw Taemin walking with me, but Taemin just gave her a slight smile.

"Are you ready?" I saw she was nodding her head. "Then we're leaving now. Come on," I took her hand to the parking lot with Taemin following us from behind.

I opened the front door beside the driver's seat for Hae Jin but she stopped suddenly.

Oh. I know what she's going to ask--

"Why don't Taemin Oppa sit in here...?"

"No, he chose to sit at the back."

"Oh, is that so?"

"Hmm."

Then again, I drove the car in silence. It's so weird because every time I want to talk to Hae Jin, I think about Taemin and every time I want to talk to Taemin, I think about Hae Jin.

I don't think there's a conversation that I could bring to make three of us enjoy to be in this car.

When we arrived at the building, I decided to not talk anymore and just walked straight.

"Annyeonghaseyo," The staffs greeted us.

"Annyeonghaseyo," Three of us said in unison.

"Wow. Where's your manager?"

"All of them are busy today. They'll come later, I think in a few minutes." I answered.

"Who drove the car?"

"I drove the car." I said.

"Woah, I don't think idols are allowed to drive alone??"

"It's okay, the distance isn't too far. And I have my ID card too. I got a drive licence."

"Okay, we're going to do the shoot right away!" The stylist told me and brought us to the make up room.

They put a light make up on our face. When the crew told us to get ready, I saw Hae Jin and Taemin walking towards me and Hae Jin kept eating chocolates.

They're really awkward now. They don't even look at each other or have a conversation. So I approached Hae Jin and smiled at her.

"You will be a fat young lady if you keep eating like this." I joked.

"But this is really delicious!" She pouted and even told me to have some.

Suddenly the lights were and the crew told us to be on set.

"We'll have an individual shoots first." The crew said. "Minho-ssi, you're ready, right?

I nodded my head and so they shot me first. It's not too hard, you just have to smile with the chocolate on your hand. Really, we passed this easily.

But since the crew said Hae Jin is a newbie to this CF thing, then he said Hae Jin will only have one shoot, with us. 

"Hae Jin-ssi will stand in the middle, Taemin-ssi at her left side while Minho-ssi at her right side," The crew commanded us. "Don't forget to smile and pay attention to your face. You're promoting our chocolate product, remember that."

Then I just realized that our Manager hyung has come and talked to the crews.

"Hae Jin-ssi, since you're new to this..., I think you should adjust your expressions like Taemin-ssi and Minho-ssi. You have to act like you're enjoying our product." The crew said again. "Taemin-ssi, please guide her."

Taemin looked at her awkwardly but then he ignored the crew's command.

"Taemin-ssi please put your hand on Hae Jin-ssi's shoulder and Minho-ssi please put your hand on Hae Jin-ssi's waist," He said. "Smile and jump, okay?"

Then we really did jump together for the CF.

You know, CFs like this is just want to advertise their product and since it's chocolate, they want to say that chocolate gives you energy and else so we had to jump.

Well, that's it. Taemin has to leave because he has another individual schedule.

And so I accompany him to the make up room to remove his make up and change his outfit while Hae Jin's waiting outside.

"Taeminie...," I called him. "I know you're hiding something from me."

"Hmm?"

"You do love her, don't you?"

He smiled at me as tried to give me his best reason.

"Yeah I did. I can't lie and I don't want to lie. I really did," He said. "But don't worry, it has expired. My feelings all for her has expired. We're just friends as you can see. No need to worry, hyung. Really."

"No, it's not like that..," I said. "I just worried if it's the reason why you overworked yourself."

"I'll manage my time well," he smiled again. "Don't worry, hyung. And I'm sorry if I hurt you earlier. Please tell Hae Jin that I have to go now. Annyeong~"

Then he left me with a big smile.

***

Hae Jin's POV

After Taemin Oppa left, the crew told me that I'll have some other scenes because they thought I acted pretty good.

"You have to do a kiss scene with Minho-ssi,"

"What?!"

"Don't you think it's great?" The crew grinned. "You'll get a chance to show the affections and besides, the show agreed about that too."

What..........

"Okay, standby!"

Wait...

Then I saw Minho Oppa walking from the make up room with a tuxedo and came to me.

"It's basically will be like, "Oh your lips so sweet because of that chocolate" concept." The crew told us.

"Ready? Action!"

Minho Oppa stepped closer to me until he could put his hands on my waist. Then he pulled me a little and his face come nearer,

Nearer,

And nearer,

Until our nose almost touched.

"You know it reminds me when you had a kiss scene too with Sandara Park," I managed to breath and said it like a whisper.

I don't care if the crew heard it, though.

"Oh," He smirked. "Etude?"

"I don't know. It seems so,"

"You're jealous, aren't you?"

"No."

"Oh yes you are," He pushed himself until our nose really touched together.

It's so close.

"Don't step back," He said and glared at me. "It was just a camera trick."

"Really? But it seems like you did enjoy the scene."

He smirked even wider.

"Maybe it seemed so," He said. "But I'm gonna make it real today."

Then suddenly he pushed himself, our lips touched and it feels so soft.

I closed my eyes really tight when he deepen his lips. I know it's weird but it looks like he wanted to dig into my mouth.

I couldn't remember the rest of the scene. But I'm pretty sure that he made me fly to the sky.