Changing Partner?! (22nd Episode)

The Edge Of Us

Hae Jin's POV

Forget about the past, forget about the bad things that happened yesterday.

Start a brand new day, be a positive thinker.

"Oppa, your phone rang." I touched Minho Oppa's arm and he opened his eyes slowly. "Someone's calling you."

He groaned, then took his phone from the table and answered it.

"Yeoboseyo?"

After a long time, he raised his eyebrows as if something went wrong or went far from what he expected. "Is it okay for today?" He asked slowly.

I just could look at him with a questioning eyes.

"Okay, we have to get ready first. See you later." He ended the phone call and looked at me.

"What? What happened?" I asked.

"Key asked us to have a double date with him and Hae Ri. What do you think?"

"Well...," I paused. "It's okay for me if it's okay for you too."

"Okay, get ready because we have to leave in 30 minutes." He jumped off from the bed and took a shower first.

***

Key Oppa asked us to meet at a clothing store near SHINee's dorm. He rented the store so no one could find us like this. Actually he brought Hae Ri unnie with him, but it looks like he went there alone because he was so into the clothes and left Hae Ri unnie doing nothing.

So Minho Oppa told me that we have to buy a couple shirt or t-shirt. Well, it's not a bad idea, isn't it?

"If I were Jonghyun hyung, then I must be here and asking you to buy a couple underwear or something like that." Minho Oppa said as he shyly looked at the men underwear in front of him.

"Yah," I punched his arm. "I think you're the one who said that like a ert."

"Why?!" He almost shouted but laughed in the end. "I think this is good. What do you think about it?"

He handed a blue hoodie with a "girlfriend" word written on it while he took another blue hoodie with a "boyfriend" word written on it.

I remember once when I haven't had a boyfriend, I said to Young Mi that this kind of couple clothes are ridiculous.

But now I think it's quite fun to buy something like this. Don't you think so?

"Call," I smiled and took the hoodie. "I don't think I have any hoodies, though."

"Now you really do have one," He smiled. "I'm gonna pay it first, okay." I went to the cashier and I watched him as I felt Hae Ri Unnie approached me.

"Oppa, look. Minho and Hae Jin have picked their couple hoodie. Even Minho's paying for it right now. Why did you take so long to pick clothes?" Hae Ri Unnie thumped her feets but Key Oppa just gave her a smile.

"Okay, okay. I'm done." He said as he brought so many clothes to the cashier.

And almost all of them are pink.

"So I have a quite good idea," Key Oppa said as he and Minho Oppa approached us with many shopping bags on their hands. "What about we go on a double date?"

"Yah, I'm sure we're here to have a double date. Isn't it clear enough that I and Hae Jin agreed on that?!" Minho Oppa looked irritated.

"Wait, I didn't really finish my sentence." Key Oppa raised his eyebrows. "Double date with our different partner." He smirked.

"What?!" Both of us- No. It's three of us since Hae Ri Unnie also shocked and I'm quite sure that it means she didn't have any idea about Key Oppa's idea- shouted in unison.

"Why?!" Key Oppa replied us with a shout too. "I thought it would be a fun idea to do! Right?"

And no one of us could answered his question.

"...Yeah of course it would be." He answered himself. "Okay, let's start from here and comeback on 7 PM. Since it's a dinner time, I think we should meet on a restaurant. Somewhere around Dongdaemun street."

I looked at my watch, it's still 10 AM.

We have 9 hours to date today.

"Oh, I'm sure you know the Kimchi Soup restaurant in Dongdaemun, right?" Key Oppa asked Minho Oppa.

Minho Oppa just nodded his head slightly. "Then it'll be our meeting point." Key Oppa said.

"Let's go." Key Oppa suddenly grabbed my hand and dragged me faraway from Minho Oppa and Hae Ri Unnie.

I'm sure this will be very, very awkward.

"So tell me," He started. "How's your relationship going?"

"Well, we're going fine."

"Actually, I want to tell you something. But not, not now."

"Something about what? And why don't you tell me right now?"

"Because it'll be too dangerous," He calmly said as he took my hand to walk along with him. "Don't worry about that thing. Where do you want to go?"

"Anywhere is fine."

"Okay, get in to the car." I'm sure he parked his car far enough from Minho Oppa. Then he opened the door for me and let me sit beside the driver's seat. He drove the car quite fast.

"Where are we going?" I asked him, confused.

"You'll know later."

I raised my eyebrows. He said nothing in the end. Both of us went silence until he raised his hand to turn on the radio.

Oh. SHINee's song.

"I don't care about the cameras, but you have to end your drama."

"Drama? What drama?"

"Your life is a drama, Choi Hae Jin," He said. "Full of tensions, conflicts, and others. And I don't know how to finish it before the fire raised up and burnt your house."

"What?! What are you talking about?!"

"That's why if you feel uncomfortable or if you think it's not suitable for the public to see it, then tell me. I'll tell the director immediately to cut it off. I, too, don't want to make nor start any scandals."

Have I mentioned that I didn't understand what he's talking about? Of course I have.

"We're almost there," He said and I immediately noticed that we're on the way to.....

SHINee's dorm.

"What are we doing here?" I asked him but he just parked the car, walked out, and opened the door for me.

"You'll know later."

"I'm a little bit bored to hear those words again."

He shrugged, didn't pay attention to me anymore. He dragged me to enter the elevator, and brought me into the front of SHINee's dorm.

He pressed the password and entered with me.

"Yah, Taemin-ah!" He shouted and so I saw Taemin Oppa ran from his room.

"Ya, hyung, wae-"

Then Taemin cut off his own words when he saw Key Oppa and me.

"What are you....and is she...doing here?" He asked, confused.

But once again, I could tell that he was avoiding my eyes.

"It's not about me, but it's all about you and her." Key Oppa said as he looked at Taemin Oppa. "Go finish it yourself, I'm sure you've grown up. Don't fight, finish it with peace. I'm just helping you to end your drama." Then he gave us a quick smile and went out from the dorm.

He left us.

Alone.

And it's totally awkward since I don't think both of us going well these days.

"Well..., if you have nothing to say, then I guess I'd better be going--"

"No. I have something to say."

"Then say it! Don't make me confused with a silence like this!" I raised my voice and he seemed quite shocked.

"I'm sorry to ignore you these days. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to but sorry I had to,"

"Why?"

"Because I liked you."

I don't know why, but it felt like some butterflies were flying in my stomach and my heart was fluttering. I shouldn't feel this, I shouldn't hear that. Right?

I'm trying to stay calm as if I'm not believing in my ears. But---

"But don't worry, I know that I have to erase that feeling soon. I'm trying, I'm trying really hard. And don't mind my words, please. Because I don't want to put you in such a hard situation," He said and smiled calmly. "That's why I was avoiding you because I know I need some space and time to forget little things about you and keeping you as my friend, just friend. Don't be mad and please understand me because I'm not mad at you. I'm just trying to be fair in here. It's not I'm erasing you from my life, but I have to make myself busy with things to do for my future. And don't worry, I know my limits and won't overwork myself. Is it clear enough for you?"

I looked at him deeply and sighed. So he has planned for everything. But why didn't he tell me about this earlier?

"Even if I told you that I liked you since we met, I'm sure you'll end up with Minho hyung and I'll end up in tears. I think we're good as friends, not for a couple. I know that sometimes we feel like we're connected to each other, but don't you think it's just a coincidence? Oh, and I also need your support to erase this feeling and decreasing the misunderstandings. I don't want to see Minho hyung disappointed, and I'm sure you too. Let's do this for Minho hyung's sake. And for our sake too. Once again, don't worry. I said to you, I'm trying to erase my special feelings for you. Look, now I don't have any fluttering hearts when I'm talking to you anymore. I think it seems like it works." Taemin Oppa cut off my words for nth times.

"Oppa...," I murmured. "I have a favor for you."

"What is it?"

"Can't we go out for the last time? I mean, as friend? I'm not sure about how our relationship will go but one thing I'm sure is you'll be very busy with your works. Since now we just met like this, can't we hang out for our last time? I promise I'll never disturb you again and let you do everything in your own according to your plan." I pleaded him.

"Okay, let's go to somewhere fun." He smiled, took my hand and brought me to his car.

Oh. Why didn't he wearing a mask?

***

Taemin's POV

I know this might be the last.

I know I don't have any chance anymore.

I know my life has changed a little bit.

And I don't care what people are going to talk about me, today has to be a greatest day of my life.

Maybe I can't date her. Well, I'll never be able to. But what's the matter? Think about our relationship, I think we match well as friends.

I'm actually worried if our relationship might change if we officially become a couple.

It looks like we're strong enough as friend, but not strong enough as a couple. We might break up in a few days.

But that's alright. We can enjoy our time as friends now.

It'll be hard, very hard to forget your first love. But there's no way for me to keep this love grows even bigger. It's the time for me to let her go.

Let everything go.

"Oppa, hold my hand." She asked and intertwined my hand with hers. "Are you cold? I'm cold."

And when I think it's the right time to let go everything, she came again with all of her cute little things. It's bad, really bad. How to forget someone if that person keeps interrupting my mind?

And the worse thing is I can't reject her. I can't ignore her.

I took off my coat and placed it on her shoulders. She gave me a big smile, "Thank you!"

"Are you sick? Let's go home if-"

"No. I'm not," She said as she took a sip of her hot chocolate. "Let's go to the Lotte World!" She took my hand and made us entered my car.

And I realized that we don't have much time left. As soon as we arrived at the Lotte World, I took her to many interesting attractions.

Because I know this will be the last.

"Oppa, I want to try a mini bungee jumping over there!" She pointed out at an attraction.

"Aren't you scared?"

"No."

"Sure, I'll watch from behind."

"Okay, catch me if I fall!" Both of us laughed as she queued.

And when it's her turn to jump, I couldn't look at her anymore.

But in a flash, I heard her screamed something when she fell herself from the top.

"TAEMIN OPPA!!!!"

You know you like it when the person you love shouted your name on her crisis moment.

***

Minho's POV

Key and Hae Jin left me and Hae Ri alone in here.

Guess we have nothing to do.

Unless...

"Hey, wanna go somewhere fun?" She gave me an eye smile.

"Sure. Where is it?"

"Dongdaemun street! I think I want to eat something nice."

I agreed with her so I drove the car to Dongdaemun. I bought her some nice shirts, foods, and even a shoes.

I think she has changed a lot after she dated Key hyung.

It's okay for me. I think girls mostly like to shop, though. Oh, except Hae Jin.

"So how's your relationship going with hyung?" I asked her first.

"Well, actually we're okay...," She slowly started. "But sometimes I feel a little bit insecure because you know, he has a bright personality and he really has so many friends, including girls. I can't limit his friends, right? And it makes me worried sometimes because I found he's quite suspicious."

"What suspicious?"

"Yeah.. Like once I spied on his phone and I saw his photos, there were so many girl groups' photos! He's not dating anyone beside me, right?"

I laughed. "Of course, he's not."

"But well...," She paused her words and sighed.

"It's true that Key has a bright personality, he has so many friends including girls. He's so friendly. But maybe you misunderstood his personality and it's okay since some of our fans did so too. Don't worry, I'll tell him later if this really makes you worried."

"No, don't tell him! I said, it's just happened sometimes. But has Key Oppa ever told you something about me or about our relationship?"

"Well..., sometimes he told us about his date with you, about what's going on with you and sometimes your family, and many other things."

"Does he have a really close friend beside you? I mean, for girls..."

"No, I'm sure he doesn't have one." I said.

"Okay, forget about it then," She said. "Oppa, I just text my friends and they said they're in Lotte World. Do you want to come?"

"No, thanks." I said. "But I'll drive you there. Come on," I brought her to my car and drove her to the Lotte World.

It's not too far so we arrived quicker than I expected. It's not too crowd since today is a weekdays, most of people are working and students are studying right now.

"Do you want to help me to find my friends?"

"Sure," I smiled at her.

And so we wandered around the Lotte World and searching for her friends.

Until that time when my eyes accidentally met two silhouette of person that I know really well..,

"Yah, Choi Minho...," Hae Ri called my name and then she gazed at the same thing that I stared for a long time. "What are Hae Jin and Taeminie doing here? Didn't Hae Jin follow Key Oppa before?"

Nah, that's my question too.