Taemin..

The Edge Of Us

I gulped and looked at Taemin slowly.

"Is it true that you were a girl before?" 

But I saw Taemin smiling so natural, and it seemed like that question didn't even bother him for a second.

"I'm a boy since I was born. Up until now, I'm still a boy. But just I think I'm a little bit more mature. But I won't deny that the girl on that picture is not me. That's me. Years before." Again, he showed up his smile. "Hae Jin caught me because Hae Ri nuna, Key hyung's girlfriend, told her something. And well, it was me. I could say that I changed because of Hae Jin and Hae Ri nuna. They helped me a lot."

The studio suddenly went silent. They're still shocked because of Taemin's words.

"Could you tell us... A little bit of your story?" The mc asked.

"Before we debuted, I had a quite extreme business. At that time, it's hard for me to have a job since I was still a student. But I had to pay for my school's fee. My mom and dad didn't send me their money, they told me to try to get a job. So I got an idea, I changed my gender into a woman. I used a girl uniform, acted like a girl, and it was a big success since many people really think that I'm pretty."

"What did you do with that thing? I mean, it's like a manual transgender, right? For what?"

"Ah, I'm still embarrassed to say this but..., the boys in my school  liked me a lot, as a girl. They said they would date me if I'm a girl. Then after I wore girls' uniform, put on a wig and well, they believed that I'm a girl. They dated me for maximum 3 days. At that time, I told them they had to pay $20 per day if they wanted to date me. Well, I think they were stupid enough."

"But why they wanted to date you? Is it only because you are pretty, or is there another reason?" A guest asked him.

"Actually, I was quite smart too back then. I was not included in top 5 students in my school, but I was top 10. So usually when they asked me to go on a date, they asked me to do their homeworks too. And I agreed with that. I was so stupid."

"Ah, for our children viewers, please don't do that, don't do what Taemin did in his past. It's not good for people to do others' works like that. If you want to get a job, you have to study and search for a job that you really love. But well, some people say your past won't determine your future."

Taemin nodded his head as he kept looking at the mc.

"But I'm really curious, how could you found out about Taemin, Hae Jin-ssi?" The mc asked me.

"Ah, I wasn't the one who caught him, though. Hae Ri eonni told me something about him after we got quite close to each other. Then one day when he was about to go home from school, I asked him why did he do that. Then he told me his reason and well..., I tried to understand."

"Ah, really? How could you be that sure that he's really Taemin?"

"Hae Jin and Hae Ri nuna waited in front of my apartment, actually. Ah, it was my and Onew hyung's apartment. Oh, maybe I should say that it was his apartment since I just stayed with him because my parents told me so." Taemin answered to the mc's question. 

 

"Woah, you were really got caught, really got caught." One of the permanent guests said to him. "But I wonder what does it feel when people call you pretty? And why did you not argue or fight back when they caught you like that?"

"I don't like it! I'm a man, I'm not pretty. But sometimes you should do something that you hate the most when you know that there's no much time left. And since I'm a man, I don't like to fight or arguing with girls. Besides, I realized too that I will never be able to hide this thing forever."

"Ah, that's right. Actually I'm happy too to know that you've realized that thing. I can't even imagine what will you do if you didn't stop yourself from doing a transgender like that."

"I will never be SHINee's Taemin if I didn't stop myself. Actually until now, I'm still embarrassed to say this. After I graduated from school and started to be SHINee's Taemin, I didn't have 2 identities anymore." Taemin laughed slightly to the mc and audience.

"Woah, let's change the topic." One of the permanent guest said. "We heard some fans said that Minho-ssi didn't take their gifts and kept looking at his phone at the airport. And they said, there was something strange with him these days. What happened to him, Hae Jin-ssi, Taemin-ssi?" One of the permanent guests asked us.

I looked at Taemin nervously.

"No, as far as I know, there's nothing happened to him." Taemin said.

"Do you know something, Hae Jin-ssi? Maybe Minho talked about this thing to you, but not to the others."

"No. He even rarely come home because he has too busy schedules. So I guess he was really too tired so he didn't take the gifts. Minho must be feel really bad to the shawols, but he's too tired too. I think SHINee needs a rest."

Even Taemin agreed with me and he nodded his head.

"It's true. Because hyung has a really busy schedule, he can't even take a rest beside when we're at our dorm or in the van. He likes sports too, so usually he still plays basketball or soccer until 2 or 3AM."

"Ah, Jinjja? He doesn't have enough time to sleep, then." The mc said.

"What idols usually do to prevent their selves from getting sick? My husband working hard everyday on his company too, but he gets sick easily. I wonder do you eat vitamins or such things to keep healthy? I mean, maybe you have busier schedule than my husband but you're still healthier than him." That permanent guest looked at Taemin curiously.

"I personally have never done that thing to stay healthy. I don't eat vitamins, I got shots few times when I was kid. And I'm afraid of injections, so I don't want to do that again. Even though I don't have a proper time to sleep, I eat healthy food and exercise everyday. Key hyung and Onew hyung take care of the members a lot. Key hyung usually makes the breakfast for us, and Onew hyung brings medicines when we go abroad or having a tight schedule. Onew hyung once ever said, you should take the medicine when you're sick and that will be enough even though you don't take vitamins."

"Who has the nicest body amongst SHINee?" The MC suddenly asked Taemin.

"Of course it's me!" Taemin proudly said and the audience burst into laughter. "But sadly I'm just kidding."

"So who is it?" The MC laughed too. "I did a research on internet, most of people say it's between Jonghyun and Minho. Is it right?"

"Yes, I think it's right." Taemin answered it seriously this time. "In my opinion, Jonghyun hyung got a really nice abs. But I also think that height is important too. Because people will see your body, including how tall are you when you're standing especially without insoles. Minho hyung has a nice abs too, but I'm sure it will be nicer or as nice as Jonghyun's hyung if he do some exercises mostly in the gym, not outdoor. So I think maybe Minho hyung got the nicer abs...?"

"Hae Jin-ssi," The MC suddenly called my name. "On this magazine, you told us that you're close with Jonghyun-ssi too. Then what do you think about this?"

"Is it because Jonghyun-ssi has a nice body so you're comfortable around him or is it the reason why you like him?" That guest made me blushed.

"Of course it's not like that. Even if Jonghyun doesn't have a nice abs, I'll still be his friend. I personally think Jonghyun is a nice friend because I can tell him my secrets and he won't tell it to anyone. And he's like my older brother too because he protects me like a real Oppa. Beside Taemin, he quite often to tell me about Minho's updates and conditions too. I think he helps me a lot. Anyway, I choose Jonghyun Oppa since I really think he has nicer abs than Minho Oppa's. Nah, maybe because he exposes his body more often than Minho Oppa. "

"I don't tell your secrets to others too!" Taemin suddenly looked at me and gave me a disappointed look.

"Yes, I know! But Jonghyun Oppa understands girls more than you do. He can act romantically in front of me. Not like you."

The audience laughed at us.

"It's because Jonghyun hyung has sooo many dating experiences with girls. Especially before we debuted."

"And what about you, Taemin-ssi?" The MC asked him.

"Oh, because I acted like a girl when I was in high school, so I think I had quite many dating experiences with boys."

The MC laughed crazily. Taemin seemed so honest and it seemed like he didn't care about his image anymore.

"Jonghyun Oppa is a really nice guy, he knows how to make me smile." I continued my words. "But I have a story about Jonghyun and Taemin. No, actually this is about Taemin."

"What is it?" The MC asked me and I saw Taemin looked at me nervously. Maybe he thought I'm gonna say something bad about him.

"One day when I checked my phone, I saw Jonghyun Oppa calling. It's the day after the magazine released." I said.

"Then?" The MC anticipating.

"But when I answered the call, I heard Taemin speaking nonstop."

"Oh? Why? Did Taemin use Jonghyun's phone to call you? Woah, do you secretly like Hae Jin-ssi, Taemin-ssi?"

"A-Ah, what are you talking about?" Taemin asked the MC.

"You know, when a guy likes someone, he sometimes use this method to get the one he likes. Like..., did you call her because you missed her voice? Something like that."

"Of course it's not like that." Taemin controlled his expression. "Hae Jin is Minho hyung's wife, so I consider her as my sister and friend. Actually on that day, I was checking Jonghyun hyung's contact phone then when I suddenly saw Hae Jin's name, I called her because I wanted to congratulate her for her first appearance on public. That's it."

"Ahh...," The MC seemed understood Taemin's explanation. "This will be the last section of our recording today. Anyone has a question for Taemin-ssi or Hae Jin-ssi?"

"I have a question for Taemin-ssi and a question for Hae Jin-ssi." Another guest said.

"What is it?"

"For Hae Jin-ssi, will you have your debut as an artist soon? And for Taemin-ssi, actually what's your and SHINee's concept? I mean, in your opinion, what's the best concept that suits you and SHINee the most? Thank you."

"Hae Jin-ssi, you may answer that question first." The MC said to me.

"Ah.. No, actually I don't wanna be an artist or such. I just want to rest at home, do what a housewife should do, and enjoy my life. Actually I don't really know how to act well in front of the camera. Even before the interview, I practiced a lot with SHINee's Manager Oppa and before this recording too. But well, Manager Oppa takes care of me and he always says "Everyone is curious about Minho's wife so you shouldn't hide yourself in this apartment." So he makes me do another thing beside the house's chores too like this recording for the example."

"Ah, is that so?" The MC asked and I nodded my head. "And what about you, Taemin-ssi? What's your answer to that question?"

"Actually I don't really know what concept suits me or SHINee the most." Taemin laughed awkwardly. "But I don't like y concept. When the entertainment tell me to wear y costumes and do y poses, I'll give them what they want. But it doesn't mean that I'm comfortable with it or I like that style. To be honest, since I'm the maknae, I like cute concept a lot. The one that they will give to the fans on Japanese singles, really have different feels from the Korean ones. But I do realize that I'll grow up soon, so I can't stuck with cute concept anymore."

"Woah, it was a really wise answer from SHINee's maknae, Taemin, and Hae Jin. But sadly, we have to end this program here. Thank you and goodbye!" The MC waved their hands, and so did us. When the cameras turned off, all of the people started to go out. Until I felt a hand from behind touched mine.

"Let's go to our dorm. I'm sure Minho hyung has come back from his schedule." Taemin said as he hurriedly take me to the van. SHINee's van.