The Script

The Edge Of Us

When I checked my phone, there was a message from Manager Oppa.

Hae Jin-ah, send me your email address. I want to send the script for you.

I replied him, then checked my own email. I got the email already. Wow, so fast.

The questions will be like these:

1. It's my pleasure to meet a young professor like you. But now, everybody sees you as Choi Minho's wife. How do you know SHINee?

2. What does it feel, being Choi Minho's wife?

3. Do you have any plans on having a baby?

4. What usually you and Minho do on weekends?

5. Do you like SHINee? Why?

6. Who do you think is the most popular guy in SHINee?

7. Do you have any K-Pop group that you like beside SHINee?

8. Who/What is SHINee to you?

9. What's your favorite era through all these times? And why?

10. If Onew, Jonghyun, Key, Minho, and Taemin are not idols, what kind of jobs do you think the members are suitable for?


Then suddenly my phone rang. It's Manager Oppa.

"Hae Jin-ah, have you-"

"Oppa! The one that they will interview is me, right?! Why do I see so many questions about SHINee, SHINee, and SHINee?"

"Ah, that thing... They didn't write about SHINee on number 3! They ask about you!"

"Yeah, about the baby actually. Ah, how embarrassing! How could I say all of these things to public when they already knew that I'm with Minho isn't that close? They even have never seen us walking together, except on our wedding day. Do you expect me to act like we're a romantic cheesy couple? Ew."

"Ya, Hae Jin-ah, can't you do this for Oppa? I promised to my friend that you'll come on the interview day. Ah, you know... It's not that bad to say some good things about Minho and also the other members. I know you're not that close with Minho, but please act like you are. I know some of his fans already knew that you're not that close with him. But if you say the opposite of what they've already knew, then don't you think they will change their mind immediately? Since you'll say about your relationship to public and it's official..."

"But Oppa..., have Minho said agree to you?"

"Ah...., no... Not yet. But don't worry, I'll accompany you. I'll take the responsibilities. Don't worry, Hae Jin-ah. They won't harm you, and me too. You trust me, right?"

"Oppa... I do. But still, I'm afraid if Minho will be angry when he heard my answer later."

"No. As long as you're not saying something fake, then I'll protect you. But please make it as good as you can, especially when they ask about Minho or the other members. I'm not telling you that you should lie to them, no. It's better to tell the truth to the public, actually. Please act as natural as you can. That's the most important thing."

I nodded my head even though Manager oppa can't see it. Yeah, even though I think Manager Oppa was a little bit confused, but I tried to calm him down too. He seemed so panic because this is my first time too.

"Okay, Oppa, okay. I got it."

"Okay. Please read it carefully, Hae Jin-ah. Is there anything you want to ask?"

"Ah, oppa... What is Minho-ssi doing right now?"

"Ah..... I thought you wanted to ask about something else," He said to me. "Minho is playing his video game at their dorm. I could hear he's screaming when he made a goal. I'm actually in my room."

"Is that so? Okay.. I'll hung up now..." I heard Manager Oppa laughed.

"Aigoo, you're so cute. Bye, Hae Jin-ah. Let's talk next time, okay? Bye!"

I smiled, then I ended the call.

I don't know what will happen on the interview day. But I hope they'll make me comfortable and I hope they're friendly. I think that's enough for an amateur like me.

***

SHINee's manager went out from his room, then he looked at Minho.

"Minho-ya.." He called Minho.

"What's up, hyung?" Minho asked him, but his eyes still focused on his video game.

Of course, it's a sport game.

"I called Hae Jin earlier and I've sent her the script. I think the interview will be held in 2 days."

"So?"

"Do you think she can do this?"

"Have you asked her?"

"Of course. But she asked me about your opinion too. I'm confused with both of you. How can a married couple like both of you seemed really not close?"

"I don't know."

"Don't you think you should approach her first?"

"Hyung, if you just called my name and made me stopped my game for a conversation like this, I think it's better for you to go back to your room. Remember hyung, we've talked about this a long time ago."

"But hyung... Don't you think our Manager hyung is right?" Taemin who sat beside Minho and accompanied him to play his video game, looked at him slowly. "I know Hae Jin isn't a type of girl who likes to approach a guy first. Why don't you try to be closer with her? Has she done something bad to you?" The maknae asked.

"Taemin, do you want to play the game or not?!" Even Key who was cooking in the kitchen, suddenly popped out with his spatula and his widened eyes.

"What's wrong?!" Key asked because Minho suddenly shouted at Taemin.

"If you think so, then why don't you try to be closer with her too? Maybe she'll fall in love with you too. Right?" Minho stood up and looked at Taemin, then took his phone right when it's rang.

"Nugu?" Key asked hesitantly.

Not answering, Minho just took the phone call and took his wallet with him.

"Hmmm, okay okay. I'll see you." Minho lowered his voice, then ended the call.

"Is it her? The one who made you act like this? Is it her, hyung?" Taemin asked Minho bravely.

"I'll meet her now. See you later." Minho hurriedly took his jacket, wore his shoes and went out.

"Woah, it's amazing when a person could change really, really far from his own personality just because of a stranger like her." Key said to no one.

"Actually she's not a stranger, Kibum-ah. Minho knew her so well. We know her too even if we're not that close. She's not a stranger to him." The manager said.

"Yeah. And actually, I feel sorry to Hae Jin. She didn't know about her, and what she could do only wait for Minho hyung in their house but rarely see him. Of course, because Minho spends a lot of his time with that girl. To be honest, I want to punch Minho hyung earlier if there was no call from her." The maknae exploded and went in to his room.