The Night

The Edge Of Us

Hae Jin's POV

I and Minho slept together in his room while his dad slept alone in the guest's room. Of course, it means his mom slept alone too. And for me, this is the first time I slept with a person beside me.

It feels really awkward when you know someone just filled the spot of your pillow on your right. Even though we slept with our backs facing each other, I couldn't sleep that easily. And even though he's my husband, we've never slept together like this.

I tried my best to not snoring. And I tried my best to not move too. I don't want to disturb him. Woah. This is killing me. I can't sleep if he's in here. We didn't even talk but I know he hasn't fallen asleep too.

Then suddenly he sighed and I felt the bed is moving a little bit. He sat up and stood then walked to the door. He went outside.

Outside this room, I mean. I don't know where he is going to go. Maybe he just looked for drink in the kitchen, or maybe he's going outside to the park.

***

Minho's POV

I was going to the kitchen when I saw him sitting on the couch.

"Can't sleep?" He asked me with a fatherly eyes.

Well, he was my father, actually.

I didn't bother to answer him..., until I saw he's holding some medicines.

"Do you really need to take those medicines?"

He looked at me weirdly. "Yeah. I brought these with me so I could sleep at night."

I shook my head. "It's one of your bad habits. It's unhealthy. You shouldn't take those medicines. It'll give you negative side effects"

He smiled at me.

"Thank you..., for say something nice like that."

I cleared my throat and took a glass of cold drink.

"I'm going to go outside...," he said.

"You don't want to sleep in here?"

"It's better for me to not disturb you all."

"But she'll be disappointed when she know you've left before the sun rises."

"She'll understand. Your mom knows that I can't stay for too long."

"But she expects you to stay at least one night." I said. "Come on, don't be so stubborn and just sleep again."

He just sighed. "It feels awkward, really. The last time I slept in here was like years ago. Nothing has changed in here, but I felt something different. I felt like a stranger."

I didn't bother to reply him because I didn't know what to say.

"Do you have a morning schedule later?"

"No, I just have to do a show filming with Hae Jin and done."

He nodded his head. "I'm leaving then."

"Don't you....," My words made he stopped. "...want to ask something to me? Like..., about me?"

He just smiled. "No, it's late night. You should sleep, right?"

"But you missed years of my life when I was still growing up. You didn't know how I grew up from time to time. You didn't watch me, my activities. You didn't realize that I'm growing up."

He shook his head. "I knew it all. I didn't stand beside you, but it doesn't mean I didn't really watch you growing up. You're my son, anyway. I watched you from a far. You're not passing all of your obstacles alone. You're the one who didn't realize that I'm always with you. I can't miss even one single thing about my son."

"Then what about him? My hyung?"

"I watch him too. He's not going alone. I wouldn't leave a single day without stalking both of you."

"Why do you have to stalk us when you could meet us face to face?"

"I know. But still, it feels really awkward to face both of you. I can't do it. I don't know what to talk about because it feels like everything is so wrong."

"Why can't I forgive you? Why can't I forget your mistake? Why can't I feel the happiness that I got when I was child? Why can't you make me feel warm? I know you're my dad and all..., but I still don't get it why I can't feel the same." I sighed and almost teared up.

"It's not your fault. It was my fault. And it means the time is wrong. You haven't reached the time yet. Or maybe we."

I sighed. "Somehow I feel like I should make you stay no matter what. Somehow I think it feels like this is a competition. If you leave us again, it means I lose. If I could make you stay, it means I win."

He shook his head and let out a sigh. He took a deep breath as if he just faced something big in front of his eyes that made him frustrated.

"You know what? You are exactly what I used to be. Maybe up until now," He said. "I was and still am a competitive person. I don't want to lose, I don't like it when people beat me on a competition. Guess you got that personality from me."

I just oh-ed him and nodded my head.

"But there's something you should know from what I've learned so far. There are 2 things that you shouldn't force yourself into it. You should shoo away that competitive side of you when it comes to money, and love."

"What? Why?"

"Don't ask me what and why because you'll know it later."

I just left my mouth opened when he was about to go out again.

"Hey, don't you think you're the one who controlling this stupid game?"

"Yeah. I know," He said. "I started it first, so I should be the one who stop all of this stupid game. I'm just.. Just thinking what to do to stop this and when will it take the time."

"Are you really serious about that stalking thing? Do you really stalk us like..., a sasaeng fan?"

"I'm not one of them," He said. "But I really know your activities. Everyday, without exception."

"Everyday? Like..., what? Let's say..., I need some proof?"

He just smiled at me.

Okay, let's say I'm childish.

But it's been a while since the last time both of us could talk like this.

"I remember when you went out together with one of a girlband's member and she caught you but she didn't tell you so. And she ended up crying. I saw it. I saw it all. Not just once, but twice. She came to that place twice."

I frowned.

Who?

She?

Girlband?

Is it Yuri?

But she? Who is she? Is she Yuri too?

But Yuri didn't caught me, though.. Caught what?

OH.

Damn.

Is it....,

 


Yeay update^^

It has been 1 year since SHINee won their daesang on MMA

But it feels it just happened yesterday

Time flew so fast

 

Let's do a fandom hug({})