True Family

The Edge Of Us

Hae Jin's POV

I woke up at 7 AM and saw nothing beside me. I woke up alone in Minho Oppa's room, even without the owner of this room.

I tidied his room and took a bath and walked out. He's probably sleeping on the couch in the living room.

I headed to the living room immediately, but saw nothing in the end.

I just sighed. Maybe Minho has already left because of his busy schedule.

But he's supposed to film this show with me, though. He can't leave me alone like this, right? I can't film myself alone for a day!

Or maybe, he left me to meet that girl -that-I-assumed-Yuri Unnie- again. Taemin said he usually meets that girl in that coffee shop though.

But....

"Omo!" I closed my mouth as my eyes widened in shocked.

I just came to the kitchen and I saw Minho Oppa sleeping with his head on the table.

Then he slowly woke up. Maybe he's a little bit shocked because I woke him up. Or maybe shocked to the fact that he's waking up with unusual position in the kitchen.

"Wh-Where am I?"

"Oppa, you slept in the kitchen. I just wanted to cook then I saw you slept like that...., and I was so shocked."

"Oh? I'm sorry. I didn't realize that I slept in here. Didn't mean to shock you, though." He rubbed his eyes and I found it cute. Really cute.

"No problem, no problem." I smiled to him as I wore my apron. "But Oppa, you should take a bath first..., right?"

He nodded his head lazily and when he was about to stand up to go back to his room, I called him again.

"Oppa, don't forget to wake your mom and dad. They have to eat too."

"He left earlier."

I frowned. "Who?"

"He. That guy."

"Abeoji?" I asked.

He nodded his head.

"Gosh. You shouldn't call him "that guy" neither "he", Choi Minho. If you call your mom "Eomma" then you should call him "Appa". Be fair."

"It's strange to say that."

"However, he's still your dad."

"I'll take a bath now." He ended our argument and left me alone in the kitchen.

After a while, he went out from his room with a white V-neck and a training pants. Then he knocked Eomonim's room to call her to eat.

"Aigoo, what a good wife you are." Eomonim approached me as she set the table.

"Aniyo, it's nothing, Eomonim. You must be very tired, right? I made a ginseng soup for you."

"Gomawo, Hae Jinnie~" She smiled and called me like a teenager.

She seems so young and so pretty for a mom like the others in her age. But it's just the people who can't be close with her that can't see the hardship she has passed from time to time. She was a single parent but not really a single parent. Complicated and sad but true.

"Aniyo, Eomonim. I should be the one who thank you because you let me stay for a night."

"Yah, we are a family, a family! Don't say something like that."

"But, still...-"

"Hae Jinnie, where do you want to go today? I think both of you should have a date. Right?" Eomonim cut my words immediately.

"Eomma, don't meddle." Minho Oppa glared at his mom.

"Yah, it's not like that. But you should visit your mom-in-law too!"

"Arraseo, arraseo. I'll visit her. Both of us will." Minho Oppa said and ended the topic.

Then Eomonim sighed and sat on the chair. "Did you see your dad before he left?"

"Yeah..., I talked with him in the early morning." Minho Oppa said.

"I found him in the kitchen. He was sleeping silently when I came to the kitchen. Guess they talked in the kitchen."

Minho nodded his head.

"What were you talking about?" Eomonim asked him.

"I just asked him.... Why does he have to take medicines before he sleep and... Yeah. Something like that."

"It's hard for me to believe that he left us for the second time. I couldn't even believe it too when I saw him standing in front of our house yesterday."

Me and Minho Oppa just sighed. Then he said, "Eomma, get ready. We'll take you to mom-in-law's house."

***

Minho's POV

"Yah, Choi Minho, this is not the road to go to Son Min Jin, right?! This is the opposite way! I'm sure you're not forget your mother-in-law's address, right?!"

"Ani, eomma. But before we go to her house, I want to take you to visit our grandma."

I made her speechless. I didn't play the songs on the radio too. I just drove to the grave in silence. There's Hae Jin beside me, who's looking at her phone, probably she's contacting her friends, that Young Mi girl. And in the second row there's my mom, sitting like a boss.

So I got out first then the girls followed me.

What's her name? I didn't even know my grandma's name.

"H-Hey..." I was about to ask eomma until suddenly she called me. "Look at that guy..."

She stared at a guy who wore a black T-shirt and jeans with black sneakers. That guy kneeled down in front of someone's grave.

"Why? Do you know him?" I asked my mom.

She sighed and calmly nodded her head.

"It's been years since the last time I saw him. I know he has grown up a lot..., but there's no way I could forget him. Even from his back, I could notice him immediately. Because I'm...-I think you should see him yourself."

Then she grabbed my hand and took me to that guy.

But when it's around 5 feet afar from him, my mom stopped and just smiled.

We did nothing but silence for around 2 minutes.

Then I made a fake cough.

"Excuse me..." I called that guy so he turned his back and face me.

"Choi... Minho..." That guy widened his eyes in shocked.

Well..., I guess SHINee is quite popular these days.

"Yeah, I'm Minho." I said. "Perhaps... Do you know my mom?"

He didn't answer me, but then he stared at my mom deeply.

"It's been a while, Eomma.."

This time, I widened in shock.

Did... Did he just called my mom "Eomma"?

I saw Hae Jin and my mom beside me too. My mom just smiled to that guy while Hae Jin had opened too. Same with me.

"Choi Minseok..."

"Oppa! Is he your hyung?" Hae Jin elbowed my arm as she whispered to me.

"Yeah. He's your brother-in-law." Eomma answered Hae Jin as she smiled.

"But..., why are you here? And..., why.., all of these times..., why I've never seen you around?" I asked him.

"I sleep anywhere. I wander around. But today, 15 years ago, our grandma died. I visit her every year. And I just met you today, this year."

"I can't even forget the day when you left us. You and dad."

"Appa came before you. In the early morning, we met just like that. He told me he met you and slept in your house."

"You owe me so many stories. I didn't know what to say now. I can't remember your face. And it'll be awkward to say that you're my "hyung". I don't have any idea." I said in confusion.

"I'm sorry, that's what I can say. I'm not a good hyung. Not good enough for someone like you. I'm sorry."

"You were my inspiration. You were my best friend. And why? Why didn't you visit us even if for once?"

"It's really hard. It's not easy. I can't go back even though I want to. I feel so sorry and burdened at the same time because I know that was so wrong but I don't know how to make it right. You don't have any idea how hard I tried to stay alive."

"But at least you should try to visit us or contact us or else!" I held my anger.

"I'm afraid if you're angry. I really love you as my dongsaeng and I'm afraid if you don't want to admit me as your hyung anymore. That's what I'm afraid of."

"Nonsense. That's not the best answer that I want to hear."

"Stop it, both of you!" Mom looked angry as she shouted at both of us. "You can't solve the problem nor your feelings if you keep arguing like that. Choi Minseok, you'll go with me to our house. From now on, you'll stay in there with me."

"I can't... I have to work after this. I have to go in 5 minutes," He said. "But I'll comeback to that house at night... If it's possible."

"I don't want to hear any excuses from you. Okay, I'll wait till midnight. If you don't come, then I won't say anything. But you should remember that I taught you to keep your words." Mom said to him. "And Minho, let's pray for awhile, clean the grave and go. We have to visit Hae Jin's mom, remember?"

I nodded my head slowly and clean the grave with Hae Jin's help. I let mom prayed first and then she talked with hyung.

"I know the night hasn't come but we have already through quite many problems. But for now, let's empty our mind and pray for your grandma." Hae Jin said and kneeled down in front of my grandma's grave. "Annyeonghaseyo, halmeoni! I know we've never met before, so it'll be awkward if I get too closer to you.

But right now, I want to thank you. Thank you for everything you've done in your life. Thank you for giving a birth to a baby boy who's now become my father-in-law. Thank you for teach him to raise a cute little boy like Minho Oppa who's now become my husband. You must have taught them really well.

And right now I'm kneeling down with Minho Oppa. Even though he said he has never known that he had a grandma like you, I'm sure he loves you as much as I do, or probably even more. He has grown up well. He's a tall and handsome guy now. And he's a charismatic rapper in Seoul. You must be very, very proud to have a grandson like him.


I know it's ridiculous to talk with someone who has died like this. But I don't even know whether my grandma is still alive or not. So I'm really grateful to be able to visit you right now. I hope you're watching us from the Heaven, especially Minho Oppa. I'm sure he misses you a lot too."

Then Hae Jin looked at me as if she's expecting me to say some words.

"I....," I paused because I don't know what to say.

What you should say in front of someone's grave?

I totally have no idea.

"I know I'm not a good grandson but I pray for you so you could live happily ever after in the Heaven. Amen."

I put the flowers on her grave and took Hae Jin's hand with me. "C'mon. We have to go to Eomonim's house."

She smiled as she nodded her head. From here, I saw that guy, who was talking with my mom, now is leaving her alone. I think he's going to his workplace.

I and Hae Jin approached eomma who just staring blankly at the road that has been stepped by him.

"I'll drive you to Hae Jin's mom's house." I said to eomma and took her again to my car.

***

Hae Jin's POV

"It's been a while," Mom said to us for the nth time already. "And you didn't even tell me that you're going to come."

"I'm sorry."

"Fine." Mom sighed. "But please do the dishes for today."

"W-Wait. Wh-Where are you going?" I asked in confused.

"Of course I'm going to go to the shopping mall with Minho's mom, darling. You have to clean the house with your husband. After that, you may go anywhere you want and yo have to comeback home at 10PM. Understand?"

But before I could say anything, mom has already grabbbed her purse and go out together with Minho Oppa's mom with a taxi. I even saw Minho Oppa slightly bowed his head to my mom.

This isn't a hidden camera, is this?

"So..., they left us." He just murmured and went to the kitchen.

"I'm gonna clean up first." I said and took the soap and cleaned the dirts.

Minho just sat down on the couch comfortably watching soccer movie through the TV. I don't know why but it feels strange when I'm doing something that I usually do in someone's house.

I clean up everyday but right now it feels different.

Maybe I should let Minho Oppa to join this to so I won't feel lonely.

"I'm waiting for you to finish because I'm going to take you somewhere else." I heard his voice from the couch.

Where is he going to take me to?

 


Yeay update^^