The End?

The Edge Of Us

"Ah, really?" Se Rim sadly asked. "But I think this is the question that people want to hear the most. This is the hot topic from the gossip. And I hope Hae Jin-ssi could clear this up."

She looked at me with her smart eyes, like she hope that I would answer her question.

"It's alright, it's alright." I murmured to Manager Oppa.

Then, I answered her question.

A: He's not that cold. I think some people think about it too much. He's not that bad, but well, it's true that we rarely talk to each other when he's at home. But it's because he's too busy with his schedules. But he never hurt me, he treats me well since he gave some of his money for me to buy something necessary like food and other things.

Q: Ah, is that so? But do you have any plans on having a baby? I think you've married a long time ago. It's the right time for you to make a baby, right? Ah, how old are you?

A:
(burst into laughter then blushed) I'm 20 years old this year. It's true that I like kids, but I don't think it's the right time to make a baby. I'm still too young and I think I'm not ready for taking care babies. Besides, Minho has his own busy schedules too, like what I've said.

Q: Speaking about your age, it just knocked me that you graduated from your college that young. How did you manage your good scores?

A: I think I was quite diligent back then. I listened to the teachers well, and I studied from my textbooks. I also liked to go to the library a lot, and searched something through the internet.

Q: Did you have any tutor?

A: No, not even one.

Q: Woah, daebak
(claps)! But I'm sure you must be really smart too. How can an innocent girl like you had amazing scores without a smart brain?

A: Ah, thank you. But still, I think smart isn't the main goal. As long as you keep listen to the teachers and read your books, then I think you won't feel that hard on school.

Q: As expected, Minho's wise wife, you're really Choi Hae Jin...

A:
(laugh) But I'm not that wise, trust me.

Q: Really? Since you're Minho's wife, you must be special to him. I'm curious, what usually both of you do on weekends?

A: Weekends? For me, it's not something special. Everyday I eat, check my phone and TV, clean our house, then go to sleep. It's not only happen every weekdays, but the same go on weekends. For Minho, I think he's busy outside. Even on weekends, he just sit in front of the TV and playing sport games. I think he needs to rest too.

Q: Do the other members like to visit a lot?

A: Not really, but I like it if they come to visit us more often.

Q: Why?

A: They're really funny. They listen to me well too when I tell them stories. They won't complain at my dishes, and help me to clean up the rooms when they come to our house. And the most important thing, I like them because they can make Minho smile. They can make Minho happy.

Q: It seems you like SHINee a lot. But who do you think is the most popular guy in SHINee?

A: The most popular? Hmm.. I think Key Oppa is friendly, but I think girls especially nunas like Onew Oppa more than him.

Q: So who do you think is better? Onew-ssi or Minho-ssi?

A: O-Of course it's Minho-ssi.

Q:
(laugh) Why are you stuttering? And did you just said Minho-ssi too? Not Oppa? I thought he's older than you.

A: N-no! I'm not stuttering. Maybe you heard it wrong... Ah, yes, but both of us decided to use formalities to each other.

Q:
(laugh) Okay, if you said so. Do you have any K-Pop group that you like beside SHINee?

A: I like Super Junior too, but not as much as I like SHINee. I don't know why, even if I know and respect Super Junior a lot as their sunbaes, but I like SHINee more. Maybe it's because I'm much closer with the 5 boys, not with Super Junior.

Q: In SHINee, who do you think is the closest to you, beside Minho?

A: I talk with Taemin a lot, since we're at the same age. So I think our conversations go so natural and he understands what I'm talking about. But if I think about it again, I think Jonghyun Oppa just as childish as me
(laugh). I consider him as my own Oppa, and it's more comfortable around him since I don't have any siblings around me. He protects me the way a real brother do, and he talks to me like the way a real friend do. So maybe I'll choose Jonghyun Oppa...

Q: I know you're really close with SHINee, like what you've told to us. But I wonder, who/what is SHINee to you?

A:
(smile) They're my friends, also my family, my inspirations, my happiness, my teachers, my another world, and almost my everything. SHINee is a boy band that I can't replace in my heart. SHINee is Onew, Jonghyun, Key, Minho, and Taemin. They're indescribable.

Q:
(smile) I heard you're a Shawol?

A: Of course! I like them even before they debuted.

 

Q: Have you ever felt insecure because there were many girls out there who love your husband like they way they love their selves?

A: To share him with thousands girls out there, I'm okay. As long as they were here to support my husband, I'm okay.

Q: What's your favorite era through all these times? And why?

A: I like Replay era a lot. Because they were still cute, chubby, and it was their precious moment too. I'm sure they won't forget about that era the most, since it was their beginning. But well, I have to admit that sometimes I feel uncomfortable because...
(Pause) You know another title track of Replay is Nuna Neomu Yeppeo, right? Nah, the problem is not all of Shawols are SHINee's nuna. Just like me, I'm younger than them. So sometimes I listen to their song as I change the lyrics a bit (laugh). I know I'm ridiculous

Q:
(laugh) Yes, I knew about it too. Shawols these days are really young, I think.

A: Yes, I think so.


Q: So, for the last question, if Onew-ssi, Jonghyun-ssi, Key-ssi, Minho-ssi, and Taemin-ssi are not idols, what kind of jobs do you think the members are suitable for?

A: Maybe for Onew Oppa, he can be good as a teacher since he got good grades too. For Jonghyun Oppa, I think he can be a good song composer. Key Oppa, he can be a famous stylist or fashion designer. And maybe for Minho-ssi...,
(blush) I think he can be a good and handsome soccer player. Taemin Oppa can be a famous dancer... Or maybe a businessman if he like it.

Q:
(laugh) Okay, I think your cuteness will be the last scene of our interview. Yeorobun, this is Kim Se Rim and Choi Hae Jin, from S&S Magazine. Annyeonghaseyo!

A:
(laugh) Annyeonghaseyo! Let's meet again next time~ (smile)


After the interview finished, all of the staffs clap their hands and smiled to me. But then, Manager Oppa who stood near our sofa approached me and grabbed my hand.

"Hae Jin-ah, come on. I'll take you home because I need to accompany the members to continue their schedule too. Come on, hurry up!"

I hurriedly went to the make up room, changed my clothes and approached Manager Oppa again.

He took me to his car that actually is SHINee's van. It looks comfortable, really.

"It's finished, finished~" I murmured to myself.

"This is your first time, right?" Manager Oppa asked me. "First time appearance on public, first time in their van. Oh, actually I don't know how many times I wanted to ask you to ride on this car already. You know, maybe it feels like you're his wife, but you've never even ride on his car. This van is like his own car. Because everyday he uses this van more often than his own car."

I nodded my head.

"But Hae Jin-ah..." He called me. "I saw on interview earlier, you looked at me when she asked such a difficult question. I already told her that she shouldn't asked that, and actually you could just ignored that question and move to the next question. But why did you keep answering her question? I helped you, Hae Jinnie..."

"But Oppa, you heard what she said too, right? People wanted to hear my words, they wanted me to clear this thing. If I didn't answer that, then people will ask me and maybe ask Minho too next time. They will keep asking me if I didn't take that chance to answer my question. Besides, I'm afraid if that magazine would make something bad about Minho if I didn't answer that question. You know, this is like some of those sensitive questions."

"I know... You're right... But... Well, I think you were brave enough to answer her questions like that, Hae Jin-ah. I like the way you answer that. Well, but I still hope that our fans' reactions won't hurt you. Because you know, haters are haters. They will smartly observe every words you said and judge you. But, oh, don't mind them. I'm sure if Minho know something bad happens to you, he'll be very angry. Even if he's mean to you, but he'll be angry. But well, I don't think our fans will be angry like that. SHINee trust them enough, and they trust us too."

I nodded my head and smiled. Yeah, I know them quite well. Because I'm a part of them too.

***

"Hyung, look at this." Taemin approached me with a magazine on his hand. He sat beside me, and made me paused this soccer game.

"What's wrong, Taemin-ah?"

"Minho hyung, please look at this carefully." He pointed out at the magazine, and I read what he wanted to show me.

S&S Magazine with Choi Hae Jin.

"Oh, don't tell me you forgot your wife's name."

I shook my head. For sure, I remember her name.

"She just had an interview with this famous magazine!" Taemin shouted at me but it looked like he wanted to cry because maybe he thought I'm too stupid.

"Oh.." I murmured.

"Hyung, you better don't be that cold and mean. Your coldness level is really annoyed me. If I'm Hae Jinnie, I must have divorced with you since a long time ago. She's really patient, I said."

I shrugged my shoulders. "I wonder if I should do that thing..."

"WHAT? WHAT ON EARTH YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT?"

"About what you've said earlier... Divorce, right?"

"WHAT? NO. HYUNG, SERIOUSLY. I'M KIDDING. NO, NO ONE WILL GET DIVORCE. NOT EVEN YOU. CAN'T YOU THINK ABOUT HER JUST ONCE? WHAT IF SHE CRY ALL DAY LONG AFTER YOU SAY THIS TO HER? OH, HYUNG. DON'T EVER BRING OUT ABOUT THIS THING TO HER. SHE'S TOO SENSITIVE!"

I didn't bother to reply him, and I took the magazine from him. I opened at the first page and slowly read her interview. So, it's all about me, huh? 

Ah, this is her first time.

"Hello-Wait, wait a minute. You can't do that! Minho isn't free on that day. No, no. He won't make it. They won't come together." I heard Manager hyung was calling someone through his phone.

"All of the members have their own schedules on that day... Oh, except Taemin. Do you want him to come and replace Minho?" I saw he took the calendar beside him and went to the kitchen. I don't know, maybe he went to take a glass of coffee.

"Okay. I think Taemin can make it. See you next time, hyung. I'll contact her too, very very soon. Thank you." He ended the call then smiled.

What happened? Her? Who is she?