Don't You Know Me? (Tenth Episode)

The Edge Of Us

A/N: I'm sorry because I skipped few episodes from their variety show because in my plot, I don't know what to write to fill Minho's days without Hae Jin lol no.
So this is a new episode of their variety show. Spoiler: Minho's coming back from Japan today~ (it's not for real. Don't misunderstand because I meant it happened in my story).

 



Hae Jin's POV

The staff brought me to the room with black curtain again.

"Today Minho-ssi is going home, right?"

"Yes, he's coming back to Korea today." I answered it right away.

"Did he tell you about his activities in Japan after you went home?"

"He text me when he was doing his photoshoot with another members, and else. Well, I think we're closer day by day."

"Are you still thinking about your date in Japan?"

"Well..., I can't say it was a date." I shyly smiled. "But I admit that I'm still thinking about Japan and our moments in there up until now. Japan itself is really a beautiful place. Many people say it's famous because of the sakura..  And I think it's true. Well, I'm happy because I could watch SHINee's performance live and I'm happy because I saw them happy too. I won't forget our moments in Japan."

"The most interesting moment with Minho-ssi in Japan is...?"

"Ah, I think I like all of them because they're interesting moments for me." I laughed to the staffs. "But I still remember that time when we were shopping in a small shop and Minho called his mom. I remember almost all her words. And I will never forget her when she said You little punk! Ah, it's so hilarious!"

***

I laid myself completely on the sofa when I heard somebody rang the bell.

Someone is outside our apartment.

It's not Minho because I'm sure I've checked his flight schedule and he's supposed to be in Incheon airport around 5 hours later.

Then I just remembered that I called Young Mi and asked her to come.

"Oh. It must be Young Mi!" I said to myself as I opened the door.

"Yah, why did you open the door so late? I thought I knocked in to the wrong door."

"Yah, can't you say your greeting first to me?!" I shouted at Young Mi too.

Then she just come in even without my permission and searched the camera. She bowed immediately to the camera and smiled widely.

Tsk. This girl.

"Annyeonghaseyo. I'm Choi Hae Jin's really close friend, Lee Young Mi-imnida."

"Yah! Don't act polite in front of the camera! You didn't even greet me earlier!"

"I didn't greet you, but I greeted the viewers. Why should I greet you when you know we'll meet again tomorrow and you'll talk to me again later?"

"Aish. You're so annoying!"

"Do you want me to greet you 1000 times per day? Annyeong Hae Jin-ah! Annyeong, Hae Jin-ah! Annyeong Hae-"

"Stop it! I didn't call you for nothing."

"I know, I know it already. I've known you for years, how could I didn't know that?"

"You know that Minho Oppa is coming back today, right?"

"Of course I know. You told me last night on the phone."

"Nah," I said. "That's why I need you to help me decorate this house. I want to make a surprise for him. And I want to bake a cake too. Woah. I'm so busy!"

"Arraseo, arraseo. I'll help you." She threw her bag on the sofa and looked at the things that I've prepared to decorate this room.

After I explained the decoration in my mind, I went out to buy the ingredients for the cake.

***

Young Mi's POV

"Ah, it's more awkward since I'm alone in here," I sighed and kept decorating the living room. "I'm not used in front of camera, so well...,"

The cameraman just laughed.

"Eyy why did you laugh? I'm not funny. Why did you laugh?"

"Aniyo," The cameraman slightly laughed again.

"Did Hae Jin tell you many things about me?" 

"Not really. But we knew that you're her best friend and you like SHINee's Jong-"

"Yah, stop it!" I hid my face with my arms. "It's embarrassing to say it on the camera!"

"Why?"

"It's embarrassing! What if he see the broadcasting later? Ah I don't want to think about that!"

Then the cameraman laughed even harder.

"But sometimes I do really wish I could meet him face to face even if it's just once. Ah I shouldn't say that. Director-nim, please cut that off for me." I laughed.

"Do you know Hae Jin and Minho-ssi well? What do you think about their relationship?"

"I know Hae Jin for a long time. That's why I said I'm her best friend. But for Minho Op....-ssi...-"

The cameraman laughed again.

"Yeah.. Eum.. I don't know his personality. But from what I heard from Hae Jin, I think he's a little bit shy too to move forward on their relationship. Actually in my opinion, the male should take the lead on a relationship and it'll be better. Especially because he's older than her.." I mumbled and kept trying to focus on this work. "I think they need to improve their skinship. It's not like they're just friends. They've been together since months and they've married. But both of them still get awkward whenever they meet. Well, at least that what I heard from Hae Jin."

"Your words are so wise. Have you ever experienced it yourself?"

"Have a boyfriend like her? No," I shyly smiled. "I mostly think with my heart too. And I could think further for the future. So that's why Hae Jin often ask me for my advices. But well.., I've never had a boyfriend."

***

Hae Jin's POV

Another cameraman followed me and shoot my face from the side. The one that usually stand beside me is shooting Young Mi in our apartment right now.

I grabbed a baking powder, flour, vanilla essence, chocolates, and other ingredients that I know we don't have it at home. 

"For sugar and milk, I'm sure we have that already." I murmured to myself."

"Why do you want to make a cake?" The cameraman asked me.

"Minho Oppa is going home today. I want to surprise him with a homemade cake. Actually this is not my first time baking a cake. I made a cake for Young Mi for her birthday last year." I said. "Oh. This year, next month is her birthday. So I don't know if I'm gonna make a cake again for her or not.." I laughed.

Suddenly while I was looking at another ingredients in this supermarket, someone brushed against me.

An ahjussi.

He wore a cap and black shirt. He dropped his things so I helped him to pick it up.

"Ahjussi, are you okay?" I handed him his things and looked at his face.

Somehow I felt this ahjussi is quite familiar. I think I've seen him somewhere or.... Maybe he looks like another guy that I know..

"Catch him!! A thief!! Catch him! He's a thief!!!" An old lady shouted and almost cried and she pointed at the things that was on that ahjussi's hand.

Suddenly that ahjussi ran away and kept hiding his face.

I don't know what's going on, seriously.

Did I just help a thief?

"Ahjumma, what's wrong?" I approached that lady as I touched her shoulder.

"That.. Thief! He stole my plastic bag! There... There are some fruits and also my wallet and phone! Ah, I shouldn't took out my wallet and phone earlier! If I knew he would steal my things, I will slap him right away! Ah, jinjja!"

That lady kept cursing on that ahjussi and kept regretting everything that she has done.

But it's not something that lingering into my mind. There's another thing...

Something that can't just go away like that from my mind.. About that ahjussi.

My feeling told me to know more about him.

After I paid to the cashier, I walked to the apartment. Took the lift and pressed the password of our apartment.

I saw the living room has been decorated. There are many photos hanging through the room. And many balloons too.

It's great.

Just great.

"Yah, you shouldn't leave me alone in your apartment!" Young Mi shouted as soon as I saw her face.

"But this is nice. I love your style. And now I'm gonna make a cake. They're coming in 4 hours!"

"Don't you wanna pick him up in the airport?"

"Actually... We don't have to. But I guess you want to meet Jonghyun Oppa, right?"

I saw her cheeks as red as the tomatoes. "Yah, don't tease me." She gave me her death glare.

"Arraseo, arraseo. You should get ready too! I'm gonna accompany you to the airport!"

She finished her work immediately and helped me too.

After about 2 hours working with the flour, eggs, sugar, milk, and others ingredients, the cake finally baked. I took out the cake from the oven and decorated the cake with Young Mi.

"Young Mi-ah. We don't have enough time so let's get ready!"

After that, we headed right to the airport.

***

Minho's POV

"It's good to see Korea again," Taemin mumbled and smiled like a kid.

"Of course you'll see Korea again. You're a Korean. You can't live in Japan for too long." Jonghyun hyung said to him.

"But I don't think Minho hyung is happy right now. Someone is thinking about a punishment that he might get." Taemin teased me then smiled at me.

I have to admit that ever since this show started, our friendship has become better. Even me and Jonghyun hyung, both of us have never been through a fight anymore since that day.

But when you got something you want, then there must be something taken away from you, right?

I'm not really close to that person anymore..

"You can go back to your apartment, Minho-ya." Manager hyung told me and I just nodded my head.

That's not important if I couldn't even get out from this airport.

I think the fans know we're coming back to Korea today. They're waiting in the airport so the airport crowder than ever.

And there are many fansites too. I saw Jonghyun hyung waving his hands to some of them and make the fans go crazier.

Tsk. This hyung.

Then suddenly a girl stopped me, handed me a cute blue box and say, "Oppa please take this!"

I didn't take it because first, I'm confused. We're now in Korea and usually there's no fan that will give us presents like this. Fans give us presents when we're celebrating our birthday, or when we're having concerts, or when we're celebrating our debut anniversaries, or when we're visiting their countries.

Their countries.

Not in Korea.

I mean, not in Incheon airport.

Because our fans in here have known that we go to this airport quite often so they rarely give us presents in airport.

Beside, the securities were too tight for fans to be that close to us.

Well, they are.

Suddenly a security dragged her from my sight and so we could walked again to the van.

Then when we were about to enter our van, that girl appeared again. This time, she dragged her friend too, I think.

"Oppa, please take this!" She handed me that box again.

Without thinking any further, I took that box from her and say thank you.

I know there's no securities near our van so I just wanted to leave quickly.

"Oppa, can't you remember me?" She pointed at herself.

But well, actually I can't see her face at all because she's wearing a cap and -the-one-that-i-assumed- her friend too.

"Have we ever met before?"

Then she suddenly she took off her cap and I saw her face completely...

"We live in the same house sometimes." she said and it made me shocked, widened my eyes in disbelief.