With You (Sixth Episode)

The Edge Of Us

Minho's POV

SHINee didn't get in the same car with Hae Jin and Hae Ri because those 2 girls told us they wanted to leave first. We didn't stay in the same hotel too. But I told Hae Jin I'm gonna wait for her in front of her hotel's lobby at 8 AM tomorrow. I hope she'll remember that.

"Yah, gomawoyong!" Key said, almost shouted, at his phone.

I was confused at the first time until he put his call into a loudspeaker and I could heard Hae Ri's voice from the other side.

"Mwoya?! How could you shout at me as soon as I answered the call?!" Hae Ri shouted at him too.

"Ani. I just wanted to say thank you. Ah, it's already late night. I'll meet you tomorrow, arraseo? Text me when you've woke up tomorrow morning. Dress up nicely and don't forget to eat breakfast first. Sleep well tonight, okay? You must have been really tired because going straight to the concert from the airport. Good night, jagiya~"

"Oppa, you must have been really tired too. Go sleep too. Annyeong!"

Then their phone call ended just like that.

***

It's 7.50 AM when I arrived at her hotel's lobby. I mean, the hotel that she was staying in.

The hotel isn't that fancy, but more like casual.

"Annyeonghaseyo," I heard Hae Jin's voice from behind. When I looked at her, she bowed so I bowed to her too.

"Annyeonghaseyo," I gretted her too.

And I saw there's Hae Ri beside her.

"Did you get enough sleep, Minho-ssi?" Hae Jin asked me and smiled.

"Well, I immediately slept last night right after we reached the hotel. What about you, Hae Jin-ssi?"

"I slept well too..."

"Yah, both of you! Didn't you say you want to get closer?! Why do you still using the honorifics?! If you want to hear my advice, the first step to get closer is put away those honorifics."

"Yah, why you meddling our relationship, huh?" I raised my eyebrows at her.

"It's not like that. But how can you get closer with her if both of you still using honorifcs to each other, Minho-ya?!"

"Ah, Hae Ri Unnie, you've not eaten yet, right? You can leave me alone now. Good luck for your date with Key Oppa!" Hae Jin smiled to her and pushed her away.

I just laughed but both of us got awkward since Hae Ri go.

"Have you eaten yet?" I asked her and she nodded her head.

"I have. Have you?"

"I have too." I said to her. "Ah, actually. I didn't think you would watch our performance last night. I'm so thankful and I didn't expect you to come. To be honest, I'm still shocked."

She just laughed and nodded her head. "I want to watch my husband's performance too..." She blushed.

"Next time, you just have to tell me and I'm gonna give you a free VIP ticket." I smiled to her.

"Jinjja?!"

"Hmm."

"Woah. Daebak!" Her eyes telling me her excitement. It makes me smile brightly. "But, Minho-ssi..."

"Hmm?"

"Do you remember that time when you were talking to me through your mom's phone?"

"Ah, of course I remember."

"Don't you remember that you said to me you were gonna send me a text message? Contact me?" It just knocked my head. I forgot I ever said that to her. "I waited and waited but you didn't keep your promise." She pouted like a kid.

"Ah.. That... I'm sorry." I scratched my neck slowly.

"And actually I like it when you can talk comfortably and be more honest to me..., but last time... I didn't know why I felt bitter. You were so clueless about girls too. I didn't know how to say it to you."

I was so speechless. Absorbing her words isn't that easy.

"I'm sorry..." I could just said like that. Over and over again.

"I won't talk about that later, but you should know too that I haven't said I've forgiven you completely. So you should do something for me. Right?"

I smiled to her and nodded as I agreed. "What should I do for you, princess?"

She blushed and covered her face with her hands. "Don't call me like that. Don't make me change the topic!"

I laughed. "So what should I do for you, Hae Jin-ssi?"

"I'm not going to tell you today. I'm going to tell you when you return back to Korea. So you should return back quickly!"

I laughed again. "Arraseo, arraseo. So you're gonna return back tomorrow?"

"Hmm. What are you gonna do in Japan for the rest of your trip?"

"I.. I think SHINee will do some jacket shooting and maybe we will prepare for our comeback and shoot some photoshoots in here."

"Woah. That's cool!"

"I want you to accompany me next time."

She nodded her head as she smiled to me.

I took her to a shop that sells various unique things. I wanted to buy a present for my mom who'll have her birthday in a week.

"It's so cute!" She pointed at few things and kept telling that it's cute.

Somehow she looked like a lost child in wonderland.

"Ah, Minho-ssi..." She called my name and I looked at her. She was looking at a thing that I don't know what.

"What are you looking at?"

"Look... At this..."

"Hmm?"

"This is like a love letter, you know? But you can collect your letters and put them on this box. I just thought.. Why don't you make letters for your mom? Like a thankful letter for her for staying beside you and making you grow up like this... Such letters.. Like that?"

"Do you think she'll like it?"

"Well...," she said hesitantly. "Actually you're his son, right? You should know her better than me.."

"But... You're a female and she's too. Shouldn't you know what's her taste?"

"But every woman's tastes are different."

"But I think they have something like telepathy. They have a same taste! Almost all females like a sweet, cute, and pretty things. Right?" I insisted.

"Why did you ask me, then?!" She laughed awkwardly and me too.

"Ah, I think I should call her to ask. Oh. Did you call her when you arrived at Japan yesterday? Did she know that you're in Japan?"

"Of course!" She looked at me seriously. "Your mom and my mom are the first one to know that I'm going to Japan with Hae Ri Unnie. I contacted them."

"Aish. Why did you contact my mom so fast, huh? I'm sure she'll talk about it non-stop. Comparing her daughter-in-law and her own son. Hafft."

She laughed at my expression. I pouted and called my mom.

"Yeoboseyo, umma?"

"Yah, you little punk!" I could heard Hae Jin laughed when my mom called me like that. "Why didn't you contact me yesterday, huh?"

"Umma, you gave a birth to a boy named Choi Minho, not little punk."

"You should contact me everyday! So what do you need right now?" My mom ignored my words.

"Umma..., do you think female like material stuffs like that more or something like touching your heart more?"

"Why do you ask me such a weird questions? Do you want to give a present to Hae Jin?" I was so speechless and I looked at Hae Jin who was about to burst into laughter. She heard our conversation. I used a speakerphone.

"Well, if you want to give a present to her, then I tell you to buy something that will touch her heart. Don't buy something expensive because I know she won't like it. She's just like me, you know? I don't really like something expensive. And this must be really accurate."

"Ah.. So you think she'll like something that will touch her heart because she's just like you?"

"Hmm. I don't know why but we like the same things! Maybe since we're both female..."

"Arraseo, umma. I'll hang up! Annyeong!" I ended the call then looked at Hae Jin with a bright smile on my face.

"Got it." She chuckled cutely.

***

Hae Jin's POV

We ate at a fancy restaurant for the lunch. Of course Minho paid it for me.

We spent our afternoon just talking about Minho's activities and also another members'.

And I felt really happy too because today he was more active than before. He asked me something like what did I feel when I knew I gained the Youngest Professor title and he asked me too what did I do when I was in school. He asked me how did I make some friends so I told him about Young Mi. I told him that Young Mi is a blinger, and Minho just smiled and I think he felt sad a little bit because Young Mi isn't a flamer.

But it's alright. I'm a flamer, though.

He bought me ice cream too. He was so nice today. We sat in a little park here but I don't know why I felt really happy.

I know it gets darker and darker, colder and colder, but we still sat on a little chair like this and it feels so comfortable.

"What do you think about marriage, love, and soul-mate?" He asked me suddenly.

"Hmm.. I've never thought such things.. But.. Why?"

"I'm just curious. If I ask you this time, right now..., what would you say?"

"Well... Marriage. It's something you should do with your heart without any regrets. I think a person should marriage once in their life. No less, no more. It's a difficult problem to think about marriage. But somehow I think you'll be happy forever with your partner if you could hold on into that relationship with one key, trust."

"But everyone haa their own limits, right?"

"Yeah. You're right." I said to him. "So that's why I said there's only one key in a relationship. Trust. That's the most important thing above all. Once it's break, it'll be hard for you to build it again. So don't break it. Even if just once, don't."

He just nodded his head. "What about love?"

"Love... I think people say love too easily. They don't think about its meaning and just saying love to everyone."

"But don't you think saying love to everyone is good?"

"No. Some people will think you really love them and they'll misinterpret your love. They'll think you're willing to do anything for them and bad people will use those chances to break you. It's bad. Totally bad. So don't say love to someone if you don't mean it."

"Soul-mate?"

"Nah. This is the hardest thing to explain because I'm not sure what I'm thinking when I heard that word."

He just laughed and nodded his head.

"But I believe everyone in this world has their soul-mate, even if they're not meant to be together. Like in the drama.. Boys Before Flowers, Goo Hye Sun's soul-mate is Kim Hyun Joong but in the end she ended up with Lee Minho. Well, they're both really 2 good looking guys, and she's just too lucky for that. But I think it makes sense in reality too. Your soul-mate is your soul-mate, doesn't mean he/she's the one you love... Right?"

He just nodded his head.

"And what about you? Marriage? Love? Soul-mate? What do you think?"

He was thinking for the first minute then he say, "Marriage means having another responsibility to take care another person in your life. I don't know why but even saying that word is not that easy. I know you shouldn't think too far about marriage but many things haunt me a lot like... You'll be worried for another person in your life. Some kind of... Strange yet also happy feeling. Another step in my life."

"Ah, that's right. I thought about that too." He nodded his head again and again. "What about love?"

"I believe it when someone said "Love is not about possession. Love is about appreciation." I believe "There was no time, without love. And there will be no time, without love. I think there's no need the 3 parties on love. Because love just complicated itself. Don't make it more complicated with the third parties."

He made me nodded my head.

"I think soul-mate is someone you could rely on, but not someone you can feel completely comfortable with. Example on Boys Before Flowers, Goo Hye Sun felt she could rely on Kim Hyun Joong but she's more comfortable with Lee Minho. That's why she chose Lee Minho instead of Hyung Joong because Hyun Joong is only her soul-mate. I think like that.." Then he sighed. "Talking about Lee Minho hyung makes me think about myself a lot, since I'm also Minho."

I laughed with him.

I had so much fun today.

"Hae Jin-ssi...," he called me. "I know I still have to do something for you, but I want you to do me a favor."

"Hmm? What is it?"

"Please call me Oppa. Minho Oppa. Ah, I think about Hae Ri's words a lot." He said that and scratched his head like a shy guy with his reddened cheeks in the middle of the dark.

Well, It's getting late.