Sure...?

The Edge Of Us

As always, Minho wakes up earlier than me. It's not like I'm lazy or what, but he's the one who wakes up too early. It's still 05.00 KST in the morning.

When I woke up, I saw no one. He has gone to somewhere I didn't know. So I just checked my phone, the TV, and laid myself on the sofa after I took a bath, brushed my teeth and ate the breakfast.

It was a really boring day, as usual. Until someone knocked the door from outside.

It's so strange. Minho won't knock the door first, because he knows the password.

And I didn't invite any friend to come here. I know Minho won't like it if I invite a friend of mine without his permission.

Or.. Did Minho invite his friend...? But for what? I don't think so. He has never invited his friends to this house.

Or.. Did Minho order something online to this house? But what thing?

Or maybe.... Should I say we have a guest right now?

After I opened the door, I'm really shocked. The person who stands in front of me is no other than SHINee's manager.

"Oppa? Why are you here?" I asked him. Actually, I've met him a few times, and we're quite close so he told me to call him Oppa.

But then, something knocked my head. "Why? Did Minho leave something here? Or what? What's wrong with him? Did he get sick and want some medicine?!"

He put his index finger in front of his lips, telling me to be quiet. "Why did you only ask about Minho? I'm not here for him."

"Eh? But you're SHINee's manager, right? And you come to here, Minho's house..." I said softly.

"This is your house too, right? This is not only his." He said and it made me quiet. "Oh come on girl, why don't you say "come in" and let me sit on your sofa? This is so cold, if you bother to know."

"Sorry, sorry. Yeah, please come in." I opened the door a little bit wider so he could came in.

As soon as he came in, he rushed to our sofa, sat on it and put his backpack on his lap.

"What do you want to drink?" I asked him.

"Anything. As long as it's hot, I don't mind." I smiled.

"So, what's wrong? What brings you here? Are you sure you're not looking for Minho?" I brought a glass of a hot water for him. It's just a mineral water actually.

"I said to you, I'm not here for Minho. Actually few days ago, my friend who works as a staff from one of the popular magazines called me and asked me something."

"What?"

"He asked me..., if you want to do an interview with this magazine or not..."

"What?! Me?! Are you sure?! You must be kidding me!"

"No, no! Of course I'm not kidding. If this is a joke, then why I did I walk to your house in the middle of winter and told you a really big thing? Do you think I just want to play with you? Of course no! I'm here because my friend asked me that thing. So, I want to hear your answer now. Do you want to have an interview with that magazine?"

Right after he stopped talking, the door opened and I saw Minho stood there, froze for a moment. I think he didn't know what his manager came to our house like this.

And because I looked at Minho, the manager, who faced me and had his back in front of Minho's face, turned and saw Minho too.

"I'm here to get this." Minho said as he took a headset from the shoes' shelf. I think he left that thing in there before he go.

After that, he didn't say anything and he just turned his back then went out, closed the door.

If earlier Minho was froze because of his manager, I think now Manager Oppa froze because of Minho.

Maybe manager Oppa didn't know Minho's behavior when he's at home, with me. He's even meaner when there's me. I even wonder, does he hate me that much? Or is it just the true side of him?

"So..., you may continue." He cleared his throat after I said that.

"Yeah. So what do you think? This is a good opportunity, right? Besides, the magazine is one of those top magazines. You know S&S Magazine? He's from that magazine."

"Really?! Woah. He must be crazy for ask me this question ah, it's an offer to be exact.."

"No, he's not crazy. You're quite popular on social media. Your SNS accounts...," I laughed. "Besides, you're Minho's wife. People know that." 
"So what? What's wrong being Minho's wife? Yeah. He rarely go home. He never hold my hand. He wakes up before me, and goes home just when I was about to go to the bed. What's so special?"

"Actually I'm quite shocked too when I saw him. He has never acted like that in front of the others."

I nodded my head.

"But this is your first interview, right? I mean, you'll go public for yourself this time. This is the right time for you to shine, not to mention that they will pay you for this. This is a really gold chance, Hae Jin-ah."

"But oppa..., did you tell Minho about this?"

"Hmm. Of course."

"What? What did he say to you?"

"Of course he agreed. He was really happy to hear that." I saw his strange expression.

"Oppa, don't lie to me."

"Eh?"

"You..., and your strange expression... It's obvious, doesn't it?"

"Really? Oh, fine. I'm not good in acting. Not as good as Minho, of course." He sighed. "So, it's true that I asked Minho. He's the first person who I told this thing. But, sorry to say, Minho seemed didn't care." He gave me a sorry face.

"No, don't say sorry. I know him. Actually it's really strange if he was really agreed and gave you a happy face after heard that. He never do that if it's all about me."

"Why? Why did he seem so cold to you? Did you guys fight a lot?"

"Don't ask me about a fight. We haven't even talked much for about an hour. How could we fight if it's like that?"

"I mean..., I thought you were close with him. But..."

"No, we're not." I insisted.

"Okay.. Let's go back to the topic. Do you agree or not?"

I think for a while, and gave him an unsure face. It's not about the popularity, nor about the money. Actually I'm happy enough with all of the conditions that I have. I'm happy enough to be a housewife.

But.. If I want something new, if I want to show to Minho that I'm still alive, then I should do something too. I know I'm not a professional, but at least I should try for the first time. This is just an interview, after all.

"Will they give me the script about the interview or..., how do you usually see it?"

"I think they will give you the overall script tomorrow. And a day after you took the script, is your first interview day. Don't get it too serious, because it's not an interview for jobs. They're the one who actually need you. They want to dig more informations from you. So I think you have to be more talkative."

I nodded my head as I understood what he was saying.

"So, what's your final decision? Okay or not okay?"

"Well..., maybe we should give it a try? Then it's okay....?"

"Okay!" He looked happy like a kid. Oh, he reminds me of Minho....... In front of the camera.