Really?

The Edge Of Us

I searched someone's number phone on my phone. When I found it, I called that person immediately. I'm not calling Young Mi, I'm calling one of SHINee's members.

"Yeoboseyo, Key?" I greeted him first.

"Ah, no. It's Taemin. What's wrong, Jinnie?"

I felt my cheeks became a red tomato when he called my name that close. I know me and Taemin were born in the same year. But he ever told me to call him Oppa, and since that time I call him just like that.

To be honest, I call other members with "Oppa" too, except Minho. I don't know why but even though he's my own husband, I felt really far from him. I'm afraid if I call him Oppa, then he would think that I cross the line between us. I'm afraid.

"Oppa, first I just want to make sure that you're talking to me not through the speaker phone."

"What?! Why?"

"Don't ask too many questions, just do it, Oppa!"

"Okay, okay. You may talk now. I think it's about something serious, isn't it?"

"It is..... Quite serious."

"Okay, tell me.." I knew from his voice, he'll listen carefully to my words.

"I.. I want to ask about Minho-ssi.. I thought you and Key are really close to Minho.. What happened to him?"

"Hmm.. I don't know what you're talking about."

"Oh come on. I know you know something. Earlier, one of my friend who is a stylist told me something happened to him. She told me that Minho didn't even listen to her when she talked to him. I heard from her, even Key scolded him. Is it true? What's wrong with Minho? Oh, and it was not only her, shawols asked me on Twitter too. A shawol said Minho ignored him, Minho didn't take a fan's gift, and others."

"O-Okay. I admit that I ever peeped and saw his phone, he was sending message to someone and when I read that person's name, I just realized that she's an idol too. Hae Jin-ah, even if you beg me to tell you abot her identity, I won't tell you. Don't waste your energy and I think it's better for you to just wait for hyung's words. I know he won't hide this forever. When the time comes, he'll tell you more about her. Don't ask me to tell you because I won't."

He made me speechless.

I think he knows what I'm going to ask, so he said he won't tell me even if I beg him.

BUT HE GAVE ME SUCH A CODE. OF COURSE AS A NORMAL HUMAN, I'M VERY CURIOUS AND THERE ARE SO MANY IDEAS IN MY MIND, I'M LIKE A DETECTIVE.

Yeah. My mind searched so many girls' names and tried to analyze if she's close with Minho.

"I.. But I'm curious, Oppa.. You told me something important but just the half of it. How can you left me hanging in this situation?!"

"But Son Hae Jin, I'm not the right person to tell you this thing. I really respect Minho hyung. So I'm gonna let him finish his problems with you." He told me like the real Oppa. "Aigoo.. Actually this is all your fault for not taking a good care of him. See? I'm sure right now you're curious but afraid at the same time. Do you feel insecure because he might love someone who's better than you? Prettier than you? Friendlier than you? Oh, or do you think I don't understand those kind of feelings? Don't worry, I understand."

"YA! I'm not going through this relationship alone! This is Minho's fault too! Why did you just put all the blame on me?!"

"Nah, that's the problem too. Minho hyung still immature. And you too. You're the type of girl who can't approach a guy first. The type of girl who feels insecure about herself, doesn't have any confident in relationship, choose to talk to your bestie, and willing to wait for a guy for a long long time. You're stupid too." Said the immature guy who's younger than Minho and born in the same year with me. "And beside you, there's Minho hyung. He's the type of guy who can't approach a girl first, too. The type of guy who's really cold outside, but warm inside. He's such a stubborn, but a smart and romantic guy at the same time. He will do anything for the girl he loves, but oh... I shouldn't talk about this."

"I smell something fishy." I then smiled. "Okay, okay. Just forget about it. I'll act like I didn't hear that earlier."

"O-Okay. Yeah.. And.. Even though he's smart, he's stupid in relationship. Just like you."

"Ah, really? Wait. Did you just call me stupid for the second time?!"

"Oh, you just haven't heard what I say to the hyungs behind your back."

"LEE TAEMIN!"

"YA! Call me Oppa! I'm older than you by months anyway!"

"Whatever. I'm going to end this call then."

"Don't you want to know what I'm doing right now?" He asked me like a little kid.

"No, because I know you're holding that phone and we're talking right now."

"Ah, you're right..." He murmured to himself. "If you have a free time, don't forget to call me too!"

I laughed. "Okay. Bye!" Then I hang up.

I know I can't sleep well tonight, knowing my husband is close to another girl that I don't even know who. But after I called Taemin, I felt a little bit more comfortable. At least he said Minho will talk to me later. Minho won't hide this forever. He won't because he knows he can't.

Then I opened my Twitter again, checked the notifications, and replied them all.

@abccd: @SHINeeWjin Unnie, is it true that Minho oppa ignored @xxaxx ? Huh, I thought Minho oppa is a kind and nice guy. Did I think it wrongly?

[In reply to @abccd] Hmm. The one and only Choi Minho I know is the kind hearted one^^ Maybe you're misunderstanding? Kkk~

@SHINeegurl: @SHINeeWjin Hae Jin-ssi, why did Minho go to SBS Building earlier? Could you please tell me something?

[In reply to @SHINeegurl] Ofc he went there to work. Sorry, that's what I know~

@Shining321: @SHINeeWjin I saw Minho kept looking at his phone. He seemed worried, why?

[In reply to @Shining321] Maybe he played a new game on his phone but then he lost. Or something like that? Who knows?

@Minhosaengie: @SHINeeWjin nuna, I'm worried about Minho hyung. He refused to take my gift and now I don't know what to do..

[In reply to @Minhosaengie] Ah, really? Please forgive him bc he's very busy lately. I don't think he did that on purpose. Maybe he was just too tired, honey:)


And yeah, Choi Minho, you should thank me because at least I've made your name clear again. What if I said something bad about you, based on what Taemin told me earlier? Oh don't ever think about that. Because I won't do anything crazy to you. I love you so much until I think I could handle this alone by myself. Clearing all of those bad words about you, and keep your name as good as I can.

***

 

Choi Minho's POV

I came in to the practice room after taking a rest. I went to a supermarket and bought some drinks for about 20 minutes. But when I looked inside, I just saw Taemin, Jonghyun hyung, Onew hyung, and manager hyung with their own phones.

Manager hyung was calling someone that I think it's quite important. I don't really know but it's really rare to see his face this serious.

Onew hyung obviously was playing another game on his phone. He's known as a really pro gamer. Well, I think as long as he doesn't play with girls' heart, then it's alright.

Jonghyun hyung was busy with his SNS account, taking selca here and there, tweet something unimportant but got endless retweets and hundreds replies.

And Taemin, he was calling someone through his...... No. Key's phone?

Did this kid open Key's phone and accept his call without Key's permission? Woah. If it's true, then there will be a World War III in SHINee's dorm. I'm sure there'll be.

"Hyung, where's Key?" I asked our Manager hyung after he ended the call.

"He's out for a while. I think he's going to the restroom. Why?"

"No. I just realized that he's not here." I said as I gave him the drink that I bought earlier.

"Ah, so, Minho. I want to talk about a serious matter to you." He faced me with his serious expression.

"What is that? Oh, wait. Is that what you talked with the person on your call earlier?"

"Nah, you're right."

"So, what's it? Tell me."

He sighed. I think he's really worried.

"So my friend called me earlier. He's one of S&S Magazine's staffs. Do you know that magazine?"

"Of course." I said to him. "It's really popular."

"Yeah. And he wanted me to ask you... If..."

"If...?"

"If..."

"If what, hyung? Just tell me."

"If Hae Jin-ssi wants to do an interview with this magazine or not..."

"What?!"

"Yeah... It looks like the magazine is interested in her. So..., what do you think? Don't you think this is a good opportunity too for her?"

"Why don't you ask her by yourself?"

I looked Manager hyung seemed surprised. "Eh? But she's your wife, right? You should talk this matter with her. And actually I want to ask your permission too, since you're her husband."

"Well, I give you permission to ask by yourself. You know, I don't comeback home that often. You can visit my house and ask her anytime."

Manager hyung shrunk his forehead, made some lines on it. He seemed so confused with me.

"But still, I think you're the one who have to say this thing because you're her hus-"

"Hyung, please stop. If the magazine needs her, then you ask her yourself. But if the magazine needs me, then I'll answer it right away. So, now why don't you ask her? Just come to my house and you'll find her because as long as I know, she doesn't really go out when I'm out."

"Ah.. Is that so? O-Okay.. I'll ask her. Besides, Minho, this is a good opportunity for us too. The magazine will give each of us, including the rest of the members 5% from the income. Woah, this is seriously daebak."

"Hmm. I don't care." I murmured to myself and it looked like Manager hyung didn't hear that.