#30

I Love You Two

 

The next morning, I woke up and spit out blood. Then I fell asleep again. When I wake up, it was either to puke or take my medicine. Junhyung does

all he can by wiping my face with a cool damp cloth, making sure I took my pills, not leaving my side. Sometimes at three or four in the morning,

he would be holding my pills in his hands, eyes shut, fast asleep. I will fall back to my pillow and tears willingly stream down my face. I didn't want

to leave him. I didn't want to die. I want a family,a long life. A healthy one. But it cant happen. He knows this as much as I do. So all I can do is

stay alive for however long I can and spend my last moments with him.

-----------------

Harin finally came to visit on the weekends. Her eyes were puffy and I almost couldn't see her pupils. Her nose was red.

She burst through my door wailing. My parents quietly behind her. She ran to my side and held my arm sadly.

" Why didn't you tell me sooner? " She gasps for breath.

I softened, and my lungs tighten. I will be leaving her too. I place my hand over hers.

" I didn't want to see you suffer. The time is near, and you'd suffer less. " I smiled.

Her face became redder and she just sat there crying. I look away. Omma comes closer and holds my face. She looked sad. For once and gently

kissed my forehead.

" Please forgive my wrong doings. I love you. " She whispers, a drop of tear on my cheek.

I nodded, the tears flowing now. My heart feels raw and tired. Omma gave a whimper and left the room. Appa approaches me slowly and just stared

at me. I gave him a small, sad , smile.

" I forgive you too, Appa. " I said before he asked. His jaw clenches and his eyes started to well up.

He held my hand and kneeled next to my side. " You are such a beautiful and forgiving soul. I am blessed. " He whispers raspily.

I bite my lip and whimpered painfully." Thank you. Appa .... saranghae. " I told him quietly.

He looks at me, stunned. " I will always love you. " He says, closing his eyes and kisses my hand.

---------------

That wasn't the end of apologies. Later that night, I was feeling sicker than usual and even opening my eyes was a huge effort. Harin came into the room, telling Junhyung to take a shower.

He reluctantly agreed. " Wait for me. " He says.

Harin slowly takes a seat beside me." I have something for you. " She says in hushed tones. I nodded for her to go on.

" Its-um, its a letter from.......Byunghun. Byunghun oppa. " She whispers.

My eyes shot open." What does it say? " I ask with a croaky tone.

Harin her lips nervously and opens the envelope. We both held our breath as a lavender scented letter came tumbling out.

She unfolds it and raises her eyebrows. " It's handwritten... " She says. 

I anticipated as Harin gradually started to read.

 

------------------------------------------------