Up or Out...

'The Birthday Wish' ~ A Not-So-Normal Fangirls Dream
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~ ♬ ℋα℘℘y ℋα℘℘y ℬìℜTℋDÅY♬ ~

You had already been walking for a good twenty minutes, with still no changes, and you were getting bored. With each step you took, nothing changed. The walls were still bare. The floor was still old dirty tiles. Everything was still empty.

It was as though the Birthday Gods heard your cry of dismay and were obligated to take action. But as always, the wrong kind.

Suddenly you heard a noise. Your eyes widened as you recognised the distinctively random chatter.

No. Way.

Whipping your head back, you threw a glance over you shoulder, turning your whole body to face it.

Before you promptly shat yourself.

There it was. The crowd which had nearly killed you, nearly half an hour ago. From here it ressembled a great big storming bull, charging at full speed, but it was even scarier than that. And it was heading straight for you. Even now, you couldn't make out any faces. Just vague shapes of people of all sizes.

The crowd got bigger and bigger, and you registered that they were coming closer. No You panicked.

“.”

The familiar feeling of claustrophobia immediately had you turning around and running at full speed, as though you could actually out run this crowd. Optimism at its best. Anything to get away.

You ran and ran, not bothering about your struggling lungs, which begged for oxygen. You threw a look over you shoulder, widening your eyes at the proximity of the crowd. They were catching up, and not only that but they were taking up the whole pathway. There was no way you were making it out and no way you could avoid them on the sides.

What the hell is this crowd made of?!

You continued to run, whilst desperately trying to think up a plan of action.

*Hay Stack rolls through mind*

There was nothing.

They were so close. You could feel yourself almost being swallowed up by this crowd. You didn't have long now.

FAQFAQFAQFAQFAQFAQ NU.

THIS ISN'T HOW IT ENDS.

You cast your eyes around desperately but there was still nothing, not even a stray piece of wood or a brick to defend yourself. In your desperation, a random, ridiculous thought came to you.

Well... what have a got to lose?

Closing your eyes, and tilting your head back you thought with all your might, as your last resort. After all, this wish of yours had basically come true before, right?

Right?

“Help me!” you cried. “Please, please, please.”

You felt like a retard doing it, and even more of a retard when no response came.

Giving up quickly, you opened your eyes and looked at the road ahead, mentally preparing yourself for your doom. And that was when the heavens opened up above you, and took you in its hands, descending you to heaven out of harms way- okay no. That didn't happen. Though the heavens did kinda open up... and soak you in rain.

Thunder clapped (clapped... heuheuheu) above you, followed by a bolt of lightening, and the rain suddenly poured hard and fast upon you, soaking you in seconds, the small bit that you had managed to dry, now completely soaked again.

“OH, THANKS A BUNCH YOU FREAKING JERKS!” you screamed at the sky, to no one in particular.

You looked back down, about to look back one last time at the crowd, so you could insult them in every way possible (cos what else would you do in your last minute?) when something on your left in the distance caught your eye. Rather than the blank brick walls you were used to seeing, there was now... a door.

A solid, real looking door. You glanced behind you as your heart beat reached its . The crowd was still just far enough, but you had to act now. The door beckoned you, promising you a sweet escape. Well, the closest thing any way.

“THANK YOU!”

With a yell, and a giddy feeling washing over you, you began altering your path, drifting towards the left side of the alley way. Within seconds, you were running against the wall, the door seconds away from you. You reached it with moments to spare. Pushing the door, you frowned when it didn't shift, your forehead soaked with both rain and sweat. You glanced at the crowd fervently, knowing you were moments away from being squished.

FAQ.

Closing your eyes, you pulled back and braced yourself, before smacking against the door with all your might, your shoulder and right side of your body burning a little as you came into contact with the door. That's gonna bruise up tomorrow...The door shifted slightly, and you withdrew to make the final push. The door will opened. You were certain.

But just before you could deliver the final blow, a slither of dread ran over you. What lay beyond this door? It could be anything, or nothing. Were you better off taking the door or facing the crowd...

Tick tock tick tock.

The Birthday Gods grew bored.

A loud bang startled you, making you jump out of your skin.

The rain drops now turned into solid ice, as hail pounded down around you, and your eyes flew to the crowd, now barely metres away, the noise louder and stronger, the feet falls echoing through the empty alley.

You didn't know what was beyond this door. But whatever it was, you were pretty sure it was a better fate than being squashed to death by a crazed crowd in the pounding hail. The decision had been made.

"Here goes nothing," you shuddered, inhaling once more and squeezing your eyes shut, before smashing your whole body against the door with you full force. You locked your muscles as you felt yourself falling, your momentum being carried past the door.

The door slammed shut behind you, shutting out the chaos of thunder mixed with hail mixed with crazy chattering crowds, as you flew through the room, landing with a pained cried on the floor. You stayed like that for only a second, before pushing up from the nearby wall and leaning on it for support as you tried to steady your heartbeat, whilst holding your right side as it stung painfully.

“.”

Hey, you weren't a chicken or a weakling, in fact your were quiet tough, but come on. That was intense.

You silently thanked God, fate, destiny and whatever else, that this door happened to be exactly where it was needed, forgetting that you were in an unknown dark place.

Your welcome ;).

You slowly opened your eyes as your remembered where you had just entered. You could be any where. It was almost pitch black, the only light source being the small amount light creeping in through the cracks of the door. You stood slowly, your aching body throbbing from the impact on top of the fact you were soaked through, remembering your fear of the contents of the room. You moved towards the door clumsily as your head span, resting your ear against the door, which suddenly felt strangely heavy.

You almost backed away as you heard the mutterings of the crowd, that were all too familiar. It seemed that they were just conversing normally, on the surface any way. But as the voices got louder and you focused harder on what they were saying, you realised that it didn't sound like they were speaking at all. Rather, they were spouting gibberish. Tens, no hundreds of voices talking absolute bull crap simultaneously. The voices made you shiver as they got louder, and you moved away from the door a little, as you heard the flurry of feet get louder and more intense. You pushed the door a little, praying silently that it wouldn't shift in order to increase your security. Thankfully, for now any way, it didn't move.

Sighing, you slumped against the door, waiting for the crowd to leave, as you tried to focus on the much more assuring sound of the heavy rain instead. You also found yourself looking for a reasonable explanation for all this crap. You lost track of time as you did so.

Shortly, you were convin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter