How It All Began

'The Birthday Wish' ~ A Not-So-Normal Fangirls Dream
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~ ♬ ℋα℘℘y ℋα℘℘y ℬìℜTℋDÅY♬ ~

'♫♫ Haruman neowa naega hamkkehal su itdamyeon
Haruman neowa naega sonjabeul su itdamyeon
Haruman neowa naega hamkkehal su itdamyeon
Haruman (haruman)

Neowa naega hamkkehal su itdamyeon♫

Can you please stay with me?'

"Damn that girl, where is she?" you muttered to yourself, eyeing your phone wistfully. But nothing. The screen remained blank.

You sighed again. Today was your birthday. Your special day. The day in which you should've been having fun. Yeah, should. Instead, you'd been standing alone in central London for the past fourty-five minutes, waiting for your best friend to turn up. And she still wasn't here. In fact, you hadn't heard anything from her, not a phone call nor a message, not a peep.

The likes of EXO, GOT7 and BTS had been keeping you company, via your headphones, for a while now.

So much for my birthday wish. Despite yourself, you had been looking forward to what the day would throw at you.

You definitely weren't expecting to be alone, standing in the same place for nearly an hour, trying to ignore all the strange looks you were getting from passers-by.

Sighing, you switched your phone screen back on before unlocking it, only to be met by Chunji's wonderful features. You maximised the music window, staring at the 'SKOOL LUV AFFAIR' album cover, before pausing the music pulling out your ear phones. Yep, you were a k-pop fanatic through and through. You smiled as you remember the slow but sure process of converting your best friend to your fandom, and watching her spiral into insanity, just like you first did. But you then frowned again at the reminder of your so-called friend. Where the hell Is she?!

You quickly brought up the call-log, clicking the latest number.

'Beep beep, beep beep, beep beep," you held your breath as the final tone blared out.

"Hey," A voice said at the other end of the line.

"OMG, WHERE THE HAVE YO-"

"Sorry, I cAn't come to the phone right now. But leave your name and number at the tone, and I'll call you back," the voice rung out, the same as every time it went to voice-mail.

You growled (Na eureureong eureureong eureureong dae
Na eureureong eureureong eureureong dae- ahem) in frustration as you hung up, tempted to chuck your phone into the road.

"Stupid friend," you hissed, but found yourself biting your lip. Was she okay? What if there had been an accident? Your friend wouldn't let you down like this intentionally...

Just as you were starting to think the worst, your phone rung out, startling you. You stared at it for a second, unlocking it and seeing the new message.

'Happy Birthday!'

You groaned.

It was some other girl, not the one you had just called. This one, wasn't invited to the get together.

Your eyes widened as a thought came to you. Maybe this one had spoken to the friend you were looking for. Hurriedly, you dialed her number, waiting impatiently.

“Ello?”

“Hi,”

“Oh, hiiiiii what's going on hows its going were you cool, I'm cool just out with my-”

"Okay, okay whatever," you muttered, cutting her off, already in a bad mood.

You were always honest, bluntly so. It was just your personality. You were a love or hate kinda person.

“Listen, had you spoken to the bish? We were supposed to go out today.”

"No, sorry. Why?" she asked. "Isn't she there?"

"Yeah, she's sitting right here, that was why I'm asking you, cos I'm a joker like that." You dead-panned in a monotone, as she burst out laughing.

"Well, you know her. She probably had to drag herself out of bed, and then drag her dad to give her a lift. I bet she's still trying to get him out the door..." she said, and you finally cracked a smile.

"I suppose."

"Hey I gotta go. I'm sorry again, and listen, happy birthday!" she yelled.

You sighed, bidding her goodbye before hanging up. At least she was still supposed to be coming. The only problem was, she still wasn't here. After another failed attempt at reaching her through call, you gave up for a while. This was so typical of your best friend. Being late all the time, every where...

Sighing, you gazed up at the grey cloudy sky, groaning dramatically as you pondered the terribleness of your life, being a drama queen you were. You idly wondered when the weather had turned again.

It was as you were looking up, also scowling at the so-called summer weather of Britain, that your felt a cool wet substance land on the tip of your nose, sliding down the bridge of the sacred ground. You frowned, wiping it off with the tip of your sleeve, before gazing up at the clouds. In the space of about 10 seconds, the sky went from a white cloud colour, to a deep grey, not a slither of blue to be found. The sun seemed to be trapped some where behind the darkness, as you squinted, trying to find any hint of light.

Looking around, you saw how dull the streets looked, the whole effect of the weather being depressing. Great. You suddenly felt another wet droplet touch your forehead.

Tilting your head to look up, you held out your hand. Another droplet fell into your palm. And then another. And one more, before...

"!" you yelled, backing up against the shelter of the shop roof, just as the sky exploded with water.

In a split second, everything was d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter