Chapter 8: Flavor of Life

Flavor of Life

 

 

 

“Changmin! Can I ask you something ? Kyuhyun desperately called Changmin.

“What is it? Anything wrong?

“I feel so bad today. Can I stay at your house by the mean time? My parents already went for their honeymoon and my sister, Ahra joined a summer camp under her university program”.

“Are you sick?

“I’m not feeling well”.

“I’ll pick you up at your house.

“No need. I’ll come to your house”. I’m on my way”.

“Is it ok for you? No need for me to pick you up?

 

 

“Dad, could Kyuhyun come to our house this evening. I think he’s sick and nobody’s at his house”.

“Oh! Don’t mind it. Take care of him until he gets better since I’ve to go for outstation tomorrow and your mother will company me. Ask for Qian’s help”.

“Thanks, dad!

“You got a high fever! Do you take a bath with the rain outside yesterday? Changmin asked to Kyuhyun humorously but he really cared Kyuhyun, one of his best friends. Actually, it was raining heavily yesterday. So, Kyuhyun might get a fever from it if he went outside.

“I don’t know”.

 

Changmin called Qian to give a helping hand because he never treats anybody. Since Qian is a girl, so she must know a lot how to treat people.

 

“Changmin! You know that I don’t like him. So, why you ask me to take care of him? He is old enough to be hospitalized”.

“Qian…. Don’t talk like that. What if he overheard us? He’s my best friend after all. Do you want to make me sad?

“Whatever! I don’t care. Take care of him by yourself”. Qian passed the hallway in the house and entered her room. She can’t stand of Kyuhyun presence and the reason, she doesn’t know why. She just doesn’t like him.

 

 

Changmin knocked Qian’s door harshly as the door will break by anytime. “Qian, help me! Kyuhyun’s body temperature already 40°c”. Qian was very shocked because she was sleeping before. “WHAT? Why didn’t you tell me earlier?

“Heh! I already asked for your help but you refused”. Changmin was confused by Qian’s shocked question. He didn’t believe her at this moment.

“Look after him first! I’ll call Uncle Jung Soo to drive us to the hospital. Grab any clothes that suit him in my wardrobe. We’ll wait for uncle and you get ready for anything that can be used while we’re in the hospital. Ok?

“Ok! Just call uncle right now. Don’t explain too much. I know what to do”.

 

Qian looked after Kyuhyun in Changmin’s room quickly. She put her palm on his forehead. “Owh! You got a high fever. I’ll be back, ok? Qian went out from the room to get a wet towel to wipe away his sweats. Then, she packed all the things that’ll use in the hospital. Kyuhyun lay on the bed shiverly. When Uncle Jung Soo came, Changmin piggy back Kyuhyun and Qian brought the bags of necessaries.

 

“Uncle, can you drive faster? I’m really worrying about him. His body is really hot”.

“Yes, young master!

 

Uncle Jung Soo drove faster than before. Changmin sat by the front seat beside the driver’s and Qian sat at the back with Kyuhyun. Qian allowed Kyuhyun’s head on her thigh. He shook badly and Qian wrapped his body with the blanket. She can feel his hot body temperature just by put her hand on his forehead and he was already sweating. She became worried as Changmin.

 

 

“He was so lucky because you brought him earlier. If not, I don’t know what will happen to him. Are you his family? The doctor spoke after came out from the emergency room.

“No, we didn’t. We’re his friends because his family not in this country at this time but I’ll inform them. So, can we go inside? Changmin talked to the doctor wisely.

“Oh, yeah! Sure, but don’t make him talk. He’s sleeping right now. He’ll stay here until he gets a better condition. You can stay overnight”.

“Thanks for your hardwork”. Changmin and Qian bowed to the doctor and he smiled.  

 

They went inside as they took the chairs close to the bed. Kyuhyun’s face was very pale and he still sweating but the temperature went down. Qian felt bad about Kyuhyun. If she didn’t refuse to help Changmin, Kyuhyun wouldn’t be like that.

 

 

“I’m sorry Changmin. I’m really sorry Cho Kyuhyun”. Qian said softly.

“Don’t worry Qian. He saved already”. Changmin put his hand around her sister shoulders. Eventually, both of them slept next to each other by letting the head on Kyuhyun’s bed.

 

 

Kyuhyun woke up from a long sleep. He thought.

 

“What they’re doing? Still sleeping? He still felt dizzy. Am I in the hospital? Kyuhyun continued to sleep again because he was tired.

 

Changmin just woke up and he realized that Kyuhyun was still sleeping. “Qian, wake up! It’s already 7.30 a.m. Wash your face first and we’ll get something to eat for breakfast”. Changmin patted Qian’s shoulder softly. Then, Qian opened her eyes widely.

“Yah! Your eyes are too big. That shocked me”.

“Don’t get mad! GOD gives me the best gift. I know you feel jealous because yours are small. Didn’t you?

“Sshhh! Stop it. Kyu will wake up by our noisiness”.

“Opps! I’m sorry Cho Kyuhyun. Please continue your sleep”. She talked like Kyuhyun will hear her well.

“He doesn’t hear you. Babo!

“Sshhhh………” Qian put her finger on the lips.

 

 

Where are they? Already back home? So, I’ll be alone in this plain room? No games? He stood up and went to the washroom. After a while, he went inside his room.

 

“Oh! I thought you two already back home. I felt so sad, you know…” Kyuhyun pouted childishly.

How come he acted so childish? Qian asked herself.

 

“We bought some healthy foods for you, Kyu. So, finish it all. If not, Qian will finish it for you as her punishments”.

“Punishments? What did Qian do? Kyuhyun asked back to Changmin. Qian looked somewhere else as she knew what Changmin was talked about.

 

 

“Cho Kyuhyun, you can leave the hospital next morning”. The doctor said after checking up Kyuhyun. “Nothing effects to your body and health. So, don’t worry and you have to thank your friends as they take a good care of you”. The doctor continued and he left.

“So, I can play the games back tomorrow! He said to Changmin who was stirring the soup for Kyuhyun.

“Tsch! You have nothing to do except games? Qian suddenly spoke.

“Games are my life. Hahhaha…. But, I have a special ability.”

“What is it? Qian asked curiously.

“It is a secret. I’ll expose it in the upcoming school festival. You’ll unbelievable surely”.

“So… Kyu, will you stay at our house or your house? I don’t mind if you stay at mine as nobody at your house, right? We can do many things over there. I’ll invite Yunho, Donghae and Minho”. Changmin suggested. Qian elbowed Changmin. She didn’t like that idea.

“Changmin, don’t bother Kyuhyun. Maybe he wants to be alone in his house”. Qian suggested as she didn’t want Kyuhyun stay at her house.

“I accept your invitation, Changmin. Thanks buddy! Kyuhyun smirked to Qian while Qian sighed heavily. It’ll be the worst summer holiday for her entire life. She thought.

 

 

That morning, they arrived at Kyuhyun’s house. Kyuhyun wanted to pick up his belongings to bring along with him for the whole summer holiday at Changmin’s. Not to mention, he didn’t forget to bring his games too.

“Yah! Don’t bring your games to our house! It is not allowed over there. If not, don’t hope you’ll be pleasant at our house”. Qian warned Kyuhyun.

“Ermm… Qian….” Kyuhyun called her softly as Changmin was in the bathroom for a while. “What is it? Qian asked him.

“What’s your punishment?

“What? Qian asked as she didn’t understand.

“Actually, what is your punishment while I’m at the hospital? You ate all my left overs even the drinks? Qian coughed suddenly. She didn’t expect this boy will ask her these.

“Nothing! I won’t tell you. Find the answer yourself! Changmin got out from the bathroom. So, Kyuhyun didn’t continue his talk to Qian.

“Already packed up your things? Changmin asked and Kyuhyun just nodded.

 

 

While walking out from the house, Qian whispered to Kyuhyun. “Don’t call me Qian, understand? Kyuhyun raised his eyebrow. “Why”. Qian continued again. “I don’t like you call me that name. Arasseo? Kyuhyun ran towards Song’s siblings as they walked ahead. “But I like it, Qian! Qian… Qian…” Kyuhyun smile widely. “Argh! Don’t you understand what I said before? Don’t call me Qian. Changmin! Look at this devil friend of yours. He wanted to make my life misery". Qian held Changmin’s arm.

“What is it? I don’t understand both of you. Don’t continue to act like this at our house after this, Qian.” Changmin ignored his sister.

“I didn’t act. He really wanna make me in trouble”.

“He won’t as I’m here. Understand? Changmin winked at Kyuhyun but Qian saw that. “I won’t cook for you! Qian made a threat.

“Owh! OK! I’ll warn him”. Changmin laughed as he held back Qian’s hand. They’re very close siblings. Kyuhyun thought that he never acts like that towards his older sister because he just too shy in front of her even he is very naughty son.

 

 

 

 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

* sorry for the late update guys...

* i miss my f(x) girls nowadays...  =(