Chapter 11: Flavor of Life

Flavor of Life

 

 

 

“Hi! Good morning. Who’s on the phone? Qian picked up the call without looking at the caller’s name.

“You forgot about me these past days. So, how are you today? Qian just realized who it was. It’s totally the strange boy from her school.

“I’m really sorry. I don’t know how to explain that, but I didn’t forget about you. Can you forgive me?

“Of course. As long as I can contact you, it’s ok. There is something bothering my mind right now”.

“What is it?

“Ermm…. Can I ask you? Qian kept silence as her heart pounding hardly.

“Is it possible if I can be one of your friends? Qian sighed because she thought of anything else. What a stupid dream!

“You’re already being my friend. If not why I allow you to keep contact me?

“But…..”

“What is it?

“Actually, I want to be your special friend. Is it possible?

 

***************

 

 “What a tired night! I should take a bath first”. Kyuhyun walked out from the bedroom. Before entering the bathroom, he heard of someone talking inside Qian’s room. So, he overheard the conversations. He thought that Qian talked with someone who is out of his mind. “She must be talking with a boy because the way she talks is different. Maybe it is Minho? Donghae? Yunho? It’s weird. She speaks formally and too modest.

 

“Changmin! Did you realize something strange happens to Qian, recently?

“Why? Is that beyond our imiginations?

“It is”.

“Tell me right now or I’ll kick you. What’s the thing that beyond our imiginations”.

“Be patience. I’ll tell you. Does Qian know any boys except me, Donghae, Minho, Yunho and you?

“Why did you mention me last and yours is first?

“Not your business! So, do you know anything? I heard she talked to someone through the phone a while ago. Kyuhyun explained shortly. “She never connects any boys except us, right?

“It’s really beyond our expectations. She never gets close to any boys. Are you sure that the person over the phone was a boy? Changmin already knew this weird situations of Qian.

“I’m pretty sure because it is weird if she talks to one of us in a modest way, right?

“You’re right”. Changmin sighed because he can feel that Qian was falling to someone without talking to him first.

“We’ll investigate who the boy is”. Changmin told Kyuhyun and he just nodded as he agreed with the suggestions. “When we can start? Kyuhyun asked back.

“Start what? Changmin blurred.

“The investigations for sure. Stupid Changmin! Kyuhyun knocked on Changmin head and laughed.

“How dare you to speak to me like that? I know what to do. I’ll break the deal. We won’t go to the concert tomorrow”.

“Okay. I’m sorry Song Changmin”. Kyuhun put his hand on Changmin’s shoulder. Persuaded him back.

 

******************

 

Three of them are going to the concert tonight. They dress casually. Changmin, Qian and Kyuhyun stand near the stage because Kyuhyun demands to it as he wants to look at his favorite singer closely.

 

“Qian! Why did you always wear the glasses? And tied up your hair? Kyuhyun asked her suddenly while waiting for the concert to start.

“You can ask Changmin about that”.

“I make her like that because I’ve many reasons for that”. Changmin said before Kyuhyun asked him those questions.

 

“Your favorite singer is quite awesome”. Qian praised.  

“He has a great voice”. Changmin continued.

“I can be better than him. I guess. That’s why I practice hard”.

“What a proud statement! When did you practice? I never see one”. Qian smirked.

“Of course you never see that because it is a surprise for you”.

“Can I believe in you or not?

“You! Never mind. I’ll make you impress at my singing”.

 

 

Today’s concert already ended. Three of them were going back to the house.

 

“Can you make something simple to eat after this, Qian? I’m quite hungry at this time”. Changmin softly talked while rubbing his stomach.

“Okay! I make ramen for us and you prepare the hot chocolate. How is it?

“Fine!

 

 

They were enjoying the late meal while watching the delayed football match between Liverpool and Arsenal. Qian was the only one who supported Liverpool while the rest of the boys supported Arsenal crazily. Tonight was a bad luck for Liverpool because Arsenal already leading the score with two goals. Qian took a short nap on the sofa after finished the ramen as the boys still watching the match.

 

 

“Qian’s really quick to get asleep. How does she can be like that? Kyuhyun asked to Changmin.

“You’ve too many questions today. I’m tired of those questions. Why don’t you ask her by yourself?

“She’s already asleep. How can I ask her? Babo! Moreover, if I ask her any questions, she will tell that I’ve to get the answer from you. So, don’t be angry”.

“Forget it. She’s really quick to be sleepy. I don’t know what happen at school and at home. How long she can stand a lesson or revision? All I knew, she got great marks in all subjects. In addition, she always reading manga at home and just takes 1 to 2 hours for doing home works and revisions”.

“She’s genius like me. We’re alike”. Kyuhyun smirked. “Sheesh! Changmin smirked too.

“End year examinations will start soon. Do you want to make a group discussion for our revisions? Changmin made a suggestion. “It’s sound good. We can start tomorrow”.

 

**********************

 

“Final examinations are just around the corner. I want to challenge you. If you get the first place in the class, I’ll give you a hint about my name. If I’m too kind, I’ll reveal a few secrets of mine”.

“I accept that. Don’t break your promise if I get the first place. Don’t you regret that?

“Never. Because I’ll expose myself at school festival”.

“Oh! The school festival will be held after the end year examinations, right?

“Yeah! Don’t fall for me when you see me that day, okay?

“You, dream!

“Hahhahahh…. What are you waiting for? Let’s starting your revisions right now or you can’t have the chance to the hint. Hahhahha….”

 

 

“Can I join you? Qian sat beside Changmin who already shocked at what he saw at this moment. “She brings so many books? He can’t believe that Qian will study with him and more importantly, a group revision?

“You become more odds, Qian”.

“How come?

“What make you have this strength to study with us? Changmin asked as he stared at Qian until now.

“I can’t? I have been challenged today. So, I want to change myself. Hehheheh…. It’s weird, eh…. I can’t believe in myself too. If I’m getting sleepy, please do something like pinch on my arm. Okay? Qian was smiling widely because Changmin and Kyuhyun looked at her with opened mouth.

 

 

Kyuhyun looked back at Changmin. “I told you”.

“You’re right. She must be hiding something from us. We have to start the first move”.

“We have to! Changmin and Kyuhyun talked by using their eyes not the mouth. They understand each other. Can you imagine that?

 

 

“She’s starting sleepy. It’s has been only 30 minutes. She’s really weird”.

“Should I pinch her? I can’t stand when someone sleeping while I’m studying. It’s a torture”.

“You can try”. Changmin already knew that Qian won’t wake up. So, he just gave Kyuhyun the chance and if he got luck, he will be happy about that.

 

Kyuhyun pinched on Qian’s arm slowly at first but the responds was zero! He made the second effort. Failed. This time, he won’t care about the pain and….

 

“Ittte…. Yah! Why did you pinch so strong? Look at my arm! It’s all getting red! Qian was rubbing her arm. “I hate you! She stood up to the kitchen. Changmin laughed hardly because he already got so many “I hate you” from Qian.

 

“You told us to pinch you if you sleep! You should be thanked to me”. Kyuhyun spoke half shouting.

“I’m joking you know? You should try other methods”.

“What method? Qian didn’t hear what Kyuhyun asked because she was making coffee.

“I can try this coffee to reduce this ashamed situation or I can say it is habit?  

 

 

“You can try these methods”. Changmin whispered to Kyuhyun.

About one hour later, Qian was getting sleepy again. “That coffee won’t help you, Qian”. Qian opened her eyes back but closed it in just 5 minutes later. What a pity.

 

“I can try the methods that you’ve told me”. Kyuhyun ruffled Qian’s hair and brushed her palm. Qian woke up right away and start studying the lesson that she left. “It’s working! Changmin smiled back at Kyuhyun who grinned so hard.

 

****************

 

“Thanks for your kindness. Changmin…. Qian… I’ll treat you next time, okay? So, good luck for our end year examinations few days more. Hehhehhe….. Good luck, Qian! Kyuhyun went back to his house as the summer holiday already ended.

“Goodbye, Kyu! Changmin hugged his best friend. “You can come here often”. Changmin continued.

“Don’t come here again!

“I’ll listen to Changmin, not you! Hahahhah…… Kyuhyun smiled and smirked.

 

**************

 

“Good luck for the examinations tomorrow!

“I’ll try my very best and don’t you ever forget what you’ve promised”.

“I won’t. I’ll try my best too. Okay, have a nice dream”.

 

 

“They contacted each other again tonight”.Changmin listened to their conversations out of Qian’s door. “I’m sorry Qian, if I steal something from you”. Changmin will start his act soon.

 

 

 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

* I'm really sorry, guys... you must be waiting for my update (i hope that)... these last 2 weeks were very worst moment for me. so many works + got fever for a few days....

* Hope you'll enjoy this latest chapter and I hope you'll satisfy at my update even though it is not good as other great fan fictions (i feel weak while reading great ff out there).

* i love SJ & f(x)  Opps! performance at SS4. I hope they will let SJ & f(x) perform together many times more...