Chapter 14: Flavor of Life

Flavor of Life

 

 

“This is the last rehearsal for the theatre performance. So, I guess I’ll perform well to get the feel before the real one”.Qian tried to calm herself.

“Qiannie, good luck for today! I guess everyone already likes your actions after you got the replacement role. I hope that this project will lead me to be a good director in the future”. Changmin told Qian his future dream and by the meantime, he felt quite nervous about his first project.

“OK, everyone! We’ll start our rehearsal in 10 minutes later. So, please prepare yourselves in a short time. I don’t want to waste my time and we need some rest too. Siwon! Please move to the next scene quickly so that the audience will watch it smoothly. And Yoona! Don’t too overreact when you get the gift by Taecyeon. Remember that! Just act normally as other people do. OK?” Changmin started his order to his actors.

“ 1, 2, begin!”

Kyuhyun is really nervous at this time because he can see the full audience in the hall. He’s now going to get hallucinations even he can see the audiences. “How could the hall is full? Wow! His turn to act with Qian will start soon and the most things that frighten him are the kiss on the forehead and some scene that need skin ships. Even it is just a pretend but the heat will be hot inside him.

 

 

“Ri Inn, we must forget our mistakes. We must treasure a better new life so that we can be the new beginner of this life. I need you. I’ll company you no matter how hard the path that you’ll walk”.

“Shin, I don’t want to be a burden to you. So, can you just leave me alone? I can’t bear this problem with someone else. Forget me, please. I’ll take care of myself”. Ri Inn was starting to cry after turning her back from Lee Shin.

Kyuhyun and Qian were acting so real at this time even the fellow actors can feel the emotion. “They didn’t act like this before. How could they show this scene beautifully?” Some actors were whispering among themselves.

“Ri Inn… Look back at me, please. I can’t leave you right now. You’re so precious. If you don’t want to face me right now, I’ll follow you wherever and whenever. I just want to comfort you. So, can you show your face right now?” Ri Inn slowly turning her back to face Lee Shin and at that moment, he grabbed her both hands and stared at her teary eyes. They were like that about 15 seconds.

“I don’t care anymore! I’ll protect you forever. Didn’t you hear that?”

“But….. I just……” Ri Inn words cut from Lee Shin movements. He grabbed her shoulders and made her body so close to his. Lee Shin closed his eyes and his face getting near to Ri Inn.

 

 

“Watch Out!” The other staffs from this project shouted together. There was a background dashboard with the curtains was falling down from it place and it will hit both Ri Inn and Shin. Kyuhyun realized that and dragged Qian from this unfortunate accident.

“What’s going on? Arghh…..” Qian was surprised by sudden act from Kyuhyun.

Both of them fell on the floor with the curtains covered their body. Fortunately, they didn’t get hit by the dashboard, but….

They fall on the floor but Kyuhyun was on top of Qian. His lips even brushed her lips. It was quite alike as a kiss but a short one. They were stiff like that for a few seconds under the curtains until someone pulled the curtains for them and before anyone realized it, they already wake up from their current positions.

“Are you okay?” The director came quickly to them as he’s too worried.

“We’re okay. Nothing’s happen”. Kyuhyun looked back at Qian who was in a shocked face. Kyuhyun heart was beating faster than before. It was the first kiss for him.

“Everyone! We’ll take a break for 15 minutes”. Changmin was ordering all of them.

“Did you get hurt anywhere?” Kyuhyun asked Qian while sitting on the chair, next to each other. “Changmin said that we don’t need to re-do our scene again. So, he hopes we’ll act well tomorrow”. Kyuhyun spoke nervously because he didn’t know what to say and Qian just nodded to what Kyuhyun had told her. She was in shocked. No one saw what happened under the curtains, only both of them knew what was happened.

 

“What’s going on? I can’t even eat properly! Qian, I’m sorry. Should I apologize to you? By the way, it was not my fault. It’s an accident. If I don’t save her, she will get hit or both of us might get some injuries. I have to call her tonight or our scene tomorrow will affect this project”. Kyuhyun was landing on his bed while thinking the best words to speak to Qian. He doesn’t want to hurt her. At this time, Qian also in the same conditions as Kyuhyun. She can’t even take some rest, rethinking about the accident makes her wants to cry. “I suppose to give my first kiss to someone that I love. I already lost my first kiss. Pabo! How could I be so unaware about the dashboard so that I can save myself without Kyuhyun’s help. Aaaaaaaaarrrr”. She left a big sigh.

The ringing tone from her cellphone makes her to wake up and the caller’s name makes her surprises more.

“Annyeong haseyo! Qian…. Did you sleep already?”

“Annyeong haseyo… Not yet”.

“I want to talk something to you. Do you mind if I take some times?”

“Ne!” What do you want to talk about?” Qian talked halfheartedly and she even knew what will Kyuhyun say to her.

“I want to apologize about what had happened today. I don’t have any intentions to do ‘it’”. Kyuhyun pressed the word ‘it’.

“It was not your fault at all but I regret it”. Qian left a sigh.

“Wae?“

“Ermm… I think I shouldn’t have to tell you”.

“Wae? We need to clear this case quickly because we have to act tomorrow, Qian. I don’t want to ruin Changmin first project. So, what is it? I’ll listen to you”. Kyuhyun was getting to be mature this time. He wanted to clear his mind after all.

“Is that your first kiss?” Kyuhyun guessed what was in Qian mind.

“Erm… “ Qian nodded.

“So, you’re regretting that your first kiss was done with me?”

“Erm… “ She nodded again.

“Qian….?”

“Ne…”

“You stole my first kiss too. I also in depress now”.

“Really? It was your first kiss too? I don’t believe in you!”

“It’s true. I ‘regret’ what had happened today. So, don’t blame on me, okay?”

“I don’t blame on you. I just regret because I’m in the age that can’t have that situation yet. Furthermore….” She didn’t continue her words.

“Furthermore… it was me?” Qian kept her silence. Kyuhyun already knew the answer.

“Qian, we’ve to erase this incident, ok? We’ve to act natural if we’re together in front of other people so that we won’t be awkward in front of each other”.

“I hope that you don’t mind if we keep it secret. Don’t you dare to tell anyone even Changmin. Promise?”

“I promise. I’m glad that I call you tonight. I hope that we can act well tomorrow like today even that dashboard fell down after watching our good acting. Kekkeke… So, good night!” Perhaps Kyuhyun felt sad after hearing that Qian was regretted kiss him. For him, it was such a lucky fate in his life, until now.

“Good night, too”. Qian landed on her bed again, she just felt good after Kyuhyun’s call. “He’s not bad at all”.

 

Few minutes later, she got a call again. She thought it might be Kyuhyun but it was from LJ.

 

“How are you doing?”

“Good as well but I’m in stress right now”.

“You’ve to endure it. I’ll support you from here and I know that you can do more than you can think because you’re the best, Victoria…”

“You don’t have to compliment me. I’m not too good. Do you just call me Victoria, just now?” Qian can’t believe that boy called her Victoria for the second time.

“Yeah! Can’t I? I think I’ll call you Victoria from now. Is it okay?”

“Ahh! I don’t mind about that. You’ll come tomorrow?”

“Of course I have to. I can’t miss that performance and I’ll vote for your group”.

“How could I know that you’ll come to the contest? I never see your face”.

“Erm… I guess I’ll give you some hints but I’ll tell you through a message tomorrow morning. Don’t be surprise, okay? Sleep well, Victoria! You’ve to come to our performance after that at our school hall, the third one. The concert will be held there. By the way, I heard that your brother is the director of the new theatre. I hope he will do the best. That’s all for now. Good night!”

The call makes Qian happy and forgets about today’s incident but she can’t deny that she feels bad about not telling him her role in the theatre. She just doesn’t want him to see her acting. What will she gonna say if he know about it later? She doesn’t have the accurate answer for that.

 

*** Vic! Already wake up? See u at school soon. We’ll do our best today ****

( Message from Luna )

*** Jia you! ***

( Message from Amber )

*** Bbuingg! Bbuingg! Let’s do our best. We can beat my sister’s group. Kekkeke ***

( Krystal sent the message )

*** I hope that we’ll still remain friends until we get older ***

( Wow! A mature text message that Sulli sent! )

All the messages make Qian get some fresh energy today.

 

 

“Wanna go to school together?” Changmin asked Qian while he’s the one who still eating his breakfast.

“Sure. Don’t you want to pack all those food to school? I think the school festival’s food that the students gonna sell will be sold out quickly. Pack some for me, please!”

“OK!” Changmin just agreed to his sister because he didn’t want to start a quarrel early in the morning and they’ve an important task today.

“Changmin-ah! Wait for me!” Kyuhyun was in his way to get both siblings in their way to school. He took a glance to Qian while cycling next to Changmin. His heart was beating faster than before because he can’t erase yesterday’s incident in his mind while Qian just kept her silence.

“Everything is going well today?”

“Yeah! All my assistants have done their work greatly. I can’t put my mind in peace until this project will finish successfully. Thanks Kyu for joining this project with me”. Changmin voice was serious.

“I’m the one who need to say that. I’m very glad that you invite me”.

“Then, we should watch Qian’s performance early in this morning and then yours. They might compete with the strong girls group this year, GG. I think f(x) will gain something from this contest”. Changmin patted on Qian’s shoulder while still cycling his bicycle. Qian smiled. “Kyuhyun will be performed too?” Did I mishear them?

 

 

“Chang! At what time Qian will perform and when is yours?” By the sudden call from his mom makes him smiles widely.

“Qian’s group performance will start soon at the school hall and our theatre will start at

2 o’clock in the evening in the second hall, next to the first hall. Mom, will you come here? With dad?”

 “Of course. I don’t want to miss anything this year. Dad will pick me up from his office later. I guess we’ll reach there just in time. Chang! Message me if Qian gonna start, ok?”

“Ok, mom! I love you”.

“I Love you too!”

“What did mom say?”

“Surprise! I’m not going to tell you”. Qian slapped Changmin’s back frustrated.

“When is your group’s turn? I can’t wait any longer. I’ve to check the theatre preparation for the last time before this evening”.

“We have to perform the second last, out of 10 groups”.

“Owh! Really? It might take about more than 1 hour. Qian, I’ll come back here, okay? I need to do some works. I’ll be back with Kyuhyun later. Do inform me anything”.

“Ne”. Qian was pouting . “Don’t take so much time”. She continued.

 

*** Mom… Qian’s group will perform the 2nd last, out of 10 groups. It’ll be started around 10.30 a.m. You don’t have too rush ***

*** Arasseo. Then, I’ll bring you some foods ***

*** It sounds great, mom ***

 

 

At the backstage:

“I’ve never been this nervous for a long time. Can we make it?” Sulli was holding Krystal hand because she was too nervous.

“Aisshh! Don’t worry too much. We’ve to do just what we’ve prepared. Just forget anything not important, we need to perform our best”. Amber calmed down her member. After that, all of them made a group hug to encourage themselves. By the meantime, the GG group was watching them.

 

“Jessica, is that your sister’s group?” Tiffany asked Jessica, she never see them in person, just only Krystal.

“Yeah! All of them are quite pretty, right? They’re called f(x)”. Jessica was praising f(x).

“Being all pretty doesn’t mean they’re good enough, compared to us. We’re perfect!” Yoona proudly said in front of her members.

 

“Vic! They’re talking about us”. Krystal whispered.

“Who?”

“My unnie’s members. They said something bad behind our back”.

“Forget them. I only know that f(x) is the best. Do you agree about that?”

“Yeah! We’re the best! I’m the best! I’m the best” Krystal said while singing 2ne1’s song. Sulli joined her with a cute face. “Do you think that our costumes are nice?” Sulli asked suddenly.

“We don’t have to worry about that. Going to be simple and comfortable is suit better for us. Moreover, our singing dance routines need us to wear something like these”. Luna explained to her member.

“You have strong points here, Luna. We look cool in these clothes. Anyway, we should take some pictures”. Amber continued while took out her cellphone from her bag.

“Owh! I forget something. Excuse me, dear. I’ll be back for a few minutes”. Qian took out her cellphone. She wanted to ask LJ where he gonna sit.

*** How could I see you? ***

LJ replied  *** I wear the blue t-shirt inside and my jacket is black. I’ll cheer for your group. I guess you’ll see me. I already sit in the middle.***

*** Arasseo. Our group will perform the 2nd last, out of 10 ***.

*** Never mind. I’ll wait until the end ***