Chapter 12: Flavor of Life

Flavor of Life

 

 

 

***** Good luck today! ***** He sent the message.

***** Good luck too…***** He got the reply back and smiled. He wants to prove to his dream girl that he also a smart student like her.

 

*******************

 

Last night, Changmin entered Qian’s room while she’s taking a bath. He wanted to investigate through Qian’s cell phone.

I got no luck! All the recent messages and calls from ‘odd rabbit’? You know how to keep secrets, Qian. Nevermind! I’ll search this ‘rabbit’. I got only one clue. This boy is from our school. So, it wouldn’t be hard to find him”.

 

********************

 

“Sulli… I’ll get first place in this examination! I’ve a mission”.

“What is it? Don’t you want to tell me?

“I’ll tell you if the result turns well”.

“Vic! We’ll start the dance practice straight away after the examinations so that we can show our abilities to our sunbae”. Amber suddenly popped from the back door.

“Which sunbae?

“It’s obsolutely one of the most popular group in our school, GG”.

“GG stands for? Qian never stopped to ask Amber as she knew nothing about them.

“Girls Generation. They’re the popular girls in this school because of their beauty. Plus, they’ve quite perfect package as girls. Krystal just came and explained that on behalf of Amber.

“By the way, Krystal’s sister also in that group”. Luna added the information.

“So, our rival is really strong, eh…” Qian sighed.

“Cheer up, Victoria! We’re different from them because we’re f(x)! We’ll show our special dance at the festival soon”.

“I love you! You’re so cool, Amber!

“Kyaa! Don’t hug me so tight”. Amber tried to loose from Krystal’s hug.

“You’re the best, guys. We’ll show them what f(x) can perform to them”. Qian hugged all of her best friends once.

“Can I hug you all? Minho came in the class as he already sat and watched of the girls motivate to each other.

“In your dream”. Minho got a hard flick on his forehead from Krystal after that.

“Ouch! This was a hard flick”. Minho reciprocated a soft pinch on Krystal’s arm.

“Yah! Don’t act lovey-dovey over here. I can’t stand it”. Amber reached out her hand for Sulli. “You’re right, hyung! Krystal should be with us, not Minho”.

“You’re too jealous!” Minho pouted and left them to his seat.

 

******************

 

“Minho! Come over here! How’s the previous paper? Changmin called for him and waved from the cafeteria with Kyuhyun.

“Easy! Hehehhe….”

“By the way, I want to ask you something about Qian”.

“Victoria?

“Are you dumb? Kyuhyun kicked on Minho’s leg.

“I’m joking! What’s business you want to ask me about Victoria?

“I know she’s intelligent but she doesn’t act like that. So, did you see her unbelievable actions recently?

“Ermm… What do you mean by that? Give me one example”. Minho raised his eyebrow.

“Something likes studying so struggle”. Kyuhyun said before Changmin can say anything.

“Ahaa…. I thought something worse than that. I saw her like that twice in the class and she was so focus that she ignored all of us in the class”.

“Do you know the reason for her weird actions? Changmin was getting curious.

“I don’t know”.

“This is the last question. Did she make a close contact to any boys in your class or from different classes? Do you know anything? Changmin’s non-stop questions made Minho getting curious too.

“What’s your point here? You know your sister the best. So, how could I know her more than you do?” Minho demanded for a straight explanation.

“I want you to spy on her. I need your help this time, Minho”. Minho needs more explanations about this.

 

“Life was never can be easy as it seems. That’s why we never get something easily. I’ll try, hyung. What should I do first?” Minho asked.

 

 

Before the next paper start, Minho approaches Qian. He got missions from Changmin who anxious about her only sister. He doesn’t know how to start. He’s creating the best words right now.

 

“Vic, do you have a boyfriend? Ani. Close new friend?” From such long time of thinking about nice words, these were all came out from his mouth? He really didn’t know what’s going on because he was so nervous.

“Pardon me? I can’t hear you. Can you please repeat it again? Qian was concentrated to her last minute revision and she just looked for slight glace at her small note.

“Ah. Nothing. I’ll ask you after the last paper”. Minho sighed.

“Ok! Don’t forget it”. Minho just nodded. “Minho, how can you be this stupid? Minho talked to himself. Krystal placed a hand on his shoulder asking for something and he got up from an empty minded.

 

 

 

“What did you want to ask before? I can’t hear that time. I’m sorry”. Today’s examination already ended.

“Owh! I forgot what I want to ask you”. Actually, Minho was flustered by Qian’s sudden present. Qian was going to put all her belongings into her bag before starting to go out from the class with Sulli, Amber and Luna but Krystal will be back with him.

“Can you leave Vic and I alone for a while?” Minho asked them included Krystal and they were outside the class right now. They were very surprised to what had happen before. “Did they have some secrets from us?” Krystal asked her friends and they just shook their head.

“Vic, I know that this is inappropriate. So, I just go to the straight point. Do you have a boyfriend or someone close to you other than us or Changmin’s friends? I just wonder that something weird happen to you lately. If you want to keep it secret, it’s ok. I won’t bother you again”. Minho let out all the things that hooked in his brain.

“Pheww… I don’t know what to say even I don’t talk about this person to anyone else included Changmin. I’ll tell you this as you ask me seriously and please keep it secret”.

 

***************

 

“Did you get anything today?” Changmin and Kyuhyun stared at him as they hope for a good respond. Minho shook his head while he remembering what did Victoria told him something that unpredicted. “How come she believes in someone easily? That boy must be influenced her so much. I can’t tell Changmin and Kyuhyun this time. I already promised to Victoria”.

 

*************

 

Today is a very important day for her. She prays so much as she wants to get first place in the class. She gets up early in the morning.

 

“Changmin, I’ll go first! Don’t be sad. Hehhehe….” Qian is starting to ride her bicycle alone.

“Hey! Wait for me”.

“You have to catch up. We’ll see who will reach the school first”. Qian spoke half shouting.

“How about Kyuhyun?” Changmin asked half shouting too as he was far behind Qian.

“You can wait for him. I’m in hurry. Ok, bye!” Qian cannot wait any longer for the results.

 

 

She is one of the first students who arrive early in the school. She traces her name through the main board in front of school’s hall. She starts from below until she reaches top ten results. She’s getting nervous as some of the students next to her but she doesn’t care all of them. Sixth place is Amber Josephine Liu. Fifth place is Choi Jinri. Fourth place is Park Sunyoung. Third place is Jung Soo Jung and the second place is Choi Minho. “I can’t see my name yet. So, did I get the first place?” I can’t believe in myself”. Qian looks back at the result. Her name is in the first place. What’s more excites to her is she gets the first place as the entire result of all students from her grade.

“Woahh! I get first”. Everyone looks at her jumping of happiness. She greets some of the students with wide smiles.

“Get good results?” A boy smiles at her.  “Yeah!” She nods and passes the boy and she finds Changmin and Kyuhyun parked their bicycle.

“Changmin!” Qian shouted and ran towards him. She hugged Changmin. Hug of happiness. “What’s wrong?” Changmin asked. Qian started to cry.

“I get first place”. She sobbed.

“Didn’t you always get first place before?” Changmin patted her back, still hugging his sister. Kyuhyun looked at them sadly because he can’t hug Qian as Changmin does. Huhuhuhu…..

“It’s different this time”. Qian released the hug slowly and Changmin wiped the tears falling on her cheeks. “You’ve done such a good efforts. Don’t forget to treat me”. Qian nodded. “Don’t you want to know your result?”

“Don’t worry. I’ll get the highest place. Just wait for a while”. Changmin held Kyuhyun and Qian’s hands at the same time to the main board. There were many students already there for the results. Some of them were very happy and some of them were showing frustrations face. Maybe they got unfortunate results.

“I told you, right? I’m too smart for the examinations”. Qian choked at her brother words.

“I’m lucky enough that I get first, while Kyu gets second place. But Kyu, didn’t you think that the third place should be someone else instead of Jong Hyun”.

“Jong Hyun, the student from Japan?” Kyuhyun asked back.

“Yeah! He’s Korean who’s living in Japan for a while. I never talk so friendly to him in the class since I came to this school until now”.

“Me too! We’ll never get along well”. Kyuhyun continued.

“What did both of you talk?” Qian asked.

“Nothing. We’ll bring out a party tonight”. Changmin suggested.

“Where?”

 

*************

 

“We’ll have a party tonight”. Qian was surprising her friends. They seem so happy because of the results. They don’t get any jealous expressions towards each other because they are ONE.

“I’m so happy because all of us get the top result. So, what’s time for the party tonight?” Minho was getting a seat beside Krystal.

“I don’t know yet, because this is all Changmin’s plan. I’ll text all of you later”. They already want to go back from school.

 

 

 

“Woah! You come too”. Kyuhyun shakes his friend, Donghae and Yunho who are from different school. They haven’t meet since the summer holiday.

“We won’t miss a party like this”. Donghae put his hand on Minho’s shoulder. They are getting along so well.

“How did you find this seafood restaurant, Changmin?” Yunho asked as he sat next to Sulli because they keep a seat next to Sulli so that Yunho will sits over there. Tonight, all of them were eating happily as end year examinations already ended.

“When Yunho and Donghae oppa will get the result?” Qian asked to both of them.

“We’ll get it tomorrow. This time I’ll get first place surely. I’m glad that Changmin transferred to new school. If not, I’ll always get second”. Everyone laughs at Yunho words.

“What about me?” Donghae pouted.

“You’ll get second place then. Hahahhah…” Kyuhyun makes his laugh while Donghae shows a fist to him. Amber takes out her camera and shoots some pictures of us. We are very happy at this precious moment.

Amber asked the worker in the restaurant to take some pictures before we went out from the restaurant. Everyone smiles full of contented. They were getting their own way to their own house after such a delicious meal for a small party like this.

 

************

 

After a quick shower, Qian looks at her cell phone. No call yet? She’s walking down to get some water from the fridge and sits down in the living room. After a few minutes, her mother joins her there while watching the television. Qian place her head on her mother’s lap. Mrs. Song brushed her daughter’s hair by her hand.

“Mom… do you believe in someone who you never know or meet before?” Qian asked her mother suddenly.

“It’s depends on how you believe in to the person. Sometimes, we can detect a person’s character through their voice or their actions. If you believe a person whole heartedly, it might hurt you someday. So, please be careful by your actions towards the person”.

“I’m amazed by your words, mom. You’re such a good talker. I love you!” Qian gave a kiss to her mother.

“So lovey-dovey, hah! Dad might be jealous, mom”. Changmin sat down next to them.

“Get away! I want mom’s love too”. Changmin pulled Qian up.

“Tch! It’s you who are getting jealous. Not dad. Even dad is not here tonight”. Qian stood up and sat on the next place and took a cushion to lean on.

“Look, mom! Qian will sleep in just 10 minutes after this. Trust me”.

“I won’t. I just want to watch the drama. I give you the chance to take away mom’s love tonight, next time I won’t give it to you”.

 

 

“Changmin… can you bring Qian to her bedroom?”

“This girl! How much did you eat that your body is getting heavy? You have to exercise more, Qian”. Changmin keeps blabbering to the sleeping Qian while carrying her up. At last, he put Qian on her bed slowly and smiles because of his sweet sister.

 

 

**** Perhaps you’re already slept. That’s why you didn’t pick up the phone. I thought that I’ll tell you my name tonight but it can be hold later, right? I knew that you got first place. CONGRATULATIONS! Good night too. ****

 

 

 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

* this chap. is the longest from the previous chapter. i hope that you'll enjoy this update. 

* i didn't think that i can write until ch.12  because i thought that i only able to write not more than 10 chapters.

* supports & comments are most welcome.

>>>> i want to ask something. should i add nichkhun character in this ff or not? <<<<