Chapter 5: Flavor of Life

Flavor of Life

 

 

Ding.. dong..ding.. dong……

 

“Qian, Changmin’s friends already come. Please open the door for them”. Her mother asked with half shouted at her.

 

“It’s ok Qian. Let me do that. Just help mom in the kitchen”. Changmin told while stood up from the sofa in the living room.

 

“OK”

“Qian, serve them that orange juice” Qian’s mother asked her again.

 

“Ne”.

 

 

“Woah! It’s been such a long time not to see Yunho oppa… Donghae oppa…”

 

With a half glare, Changmin spoke to Qian. “I know that you will call them oppa”.

 

“Don’t bring it up again, Changmin. I already said that I don’t have the answer”.

 

 

Qian memorized who was the person that just entered their house. Anyway, she thought that she met this person somewhere but forgot the place and the time. Aishh! Who is this person?

 

 

“And this one, Changmin? Qian asked.

 

“Ahh! This is my new friend, Cho Kyuhyun. He is the one that I talked to you last time. Remember?

 

“Owwhh…! The weird one. Opps! I’m sorry Cho Kyuhyun, I didn’t mean like that”.

 

 

Kyuhyun just lifted up his face and he was very shocked to see the girl in front of him. Qian was shocked too because of Kyuhyun’ shocked reactions.

 

“Yah! Cho Kyuhyun. Just don’t open your mouth too wide. Did you see a ghost? That is my younger sister and she is not a ghost or half invincible human!

 

Kyuhyun just realized from Changmin’s slapped on his arm and closed his mouth. It was really embarrassing moments for him. Why he acted like that?

Qian left them at that moment. She felt embarrassed too as someone stared at her like that but she still wondered why Changmin’s new friend acted like that. She kept memorized where she met this person. Was he from their school or somewhere else?

 

 

“Why your reactions like that? Yunho asked Changmin.

Changmin, Yunho and Donghae stared at Kyuhyun, waiting for his explanation. Kyuhyun looked back at them without any words and smile wildely. It made him more suspicious.

 

 

Babo! Why did my expression like that? It was really embarrassed. But tonight she was very pretty. She was not wearing that weird glasses and didn’t tied up her long hair. It was really made me a goosebumps. When I entered the house and saw her, I didn’t realize who she was but after I observed her and I just remembered she was the same girl that bumped onto me recently. The way she dressed tonight was very simple but still has the charms even I got attracted to her for the first time.

 

 

“Changmin! You never tell me that you have a younger sister.

 

“You never ask! Why? Already fall in love with my sister? She is very hard to get you know”. Changmin teased his new friend.

 

“Mukya! I’m just asking you. Kyuhyun flustered.

 

“Kyuhyun, she is really an ice girl. Moreover, she is really hard to get approach. Yunho and I already gave up. Finally, we just ended up as friends. Changmin! Aren’t we? Donghae continued and asked Changmin.

 

“Eh! What did you say just now?

 

 

Changmin remembered how he helped both of his friends to get approach to Qian. He only trusted both of them since he don’t trust any boys. He already asked Qian the boy’s type that she like or prefer to be her boyfriend. Qian never tell him the accurate answer. She always said that she wanted someone who has half of his personality. So, Changmin guessed that she will agree with someone that closed to him. It is because he like to befriend who has chemistry with himself.

 

Changmin’s father climbed down the stairs and greeted us with a wide smile and shook our hands. He offered us to sit again and serve the orange juice that just left on the coffee table. Qian forgot to serve them after what just happened. Changmin’s father was really a great person, he made us like their family even Yunho and Donghae called him ‘Dad’. They kept chatted happily and Kyuhyun just smile while listened to their chat. Kyuhyun can see his friendly attitude towards Changmin’s friends. So, Changmin got his handsome face from his father. His mother? Kyuhyun didn’t see her yet. By the way, Changmin has a beautiful sister.

 

After a few minutes, an average age lady came out from the kitchen. Yunho and Donghae stood up and bowed to her. I guessed she was Changmin’s mother.

 

“Mom, it is such a long time that we hadn’t meet” Yunho and Donghae greeted her.

 

“I miss you so much. Hehehhe….” She continued “Ahaa… ! This is must be Changmin’s new friend, right? Changmin’s mother asked while looked at Kyuhyun.

 

“I’m Cho Kyuhyun, aunt”. Kyuhyun introduced himself.

 

“Just call me ‘mom’. I like to be called by that. Ok? If you feel weird, it’s ok that you call me aunt”.

 

“I don’t mind if mom get a new son and forget her real son”. Changmin pouted while put his arm around Kyuhyun’s. “Just call my mother ‘mom’. She will smile widely even you just call it in front of her. She will never get angry at you” Changmin continued talked to Kyuhyun.

 

“Arasso…. Mom? Kyuhyun called for Changmin’s mother.

 

“You’re a good boy and handsome”. Madame Song patted on Kyuhyun’s head while smiled to him liked his own son. Kyuhyun smiled back.

 

“See that? She will smile until the corner of her lips will reach the ears. Hahhha… Changmin teased his mother. Madame Song pinched Changmin on the spot that made us laughed by their actions.

 

“So, this is Changmin’s mother. It’s really obvious that this family has the great genes”. Kyuhyun talked to himself.

 

 

 

“Qian! Why you are so quiet tonight? You never like this before. Is it something bother you? Her father asked.

 

“Nothing, dad” Qian answered shortly.

 

 

Qian just remembered the weird boy that she bumped few days ago in front of the school’s library. She already promised to herself that if she saw him again, she will pretend to don’t know him completely. At this time, how come that boy was Changmin’s new friend and now he’s eating in her house? Qian realized that sometimes the boy kept looking at her and when she looked back, he looked somewhere else. That made Qian felt uneasy to be in the house right now. She counted the times when will Changmin’s friends get out from the house and then she will feel comfortable in her house again.

 

 

The dinner ended and after a short rest in the living room, Yunho, Donghae and Kyuhyun made a farewell to Song’s family.

 

 

“Feel free to come here again. We’ll be happy if you come here often”. Changmin’s mother said.

 

Changmin walked them out.

 

“Kyuhyun, I give you my permission to date my sister. I trust you. Donghae and Yunho are helpless. My sister doesn’t feel attract to them. So, you must give a try. It is just if you want. I didn’t force you anyway”. Changmin spoke suddenly and made Kyuhyun really shocked.

 

Donghae ang Yunho just glared at Changmin. “We’re helpless? It was your sister fault. She didn’t want us. So, what should we do? Donghae talked as he defended himself and Yunho. Yunho continued. “Even though we like your sister so much and we did so many efforts to make her fall to us. We’re absolutely stunning boy but she refused. Poor me”.

 

“What did you say before? Kyuhyun asked to Changmin.

 

“You already heard what I’ve said. I won’t say it again.

 

Kyuhyun heard clearly what Changmin said, but why? Even though his sister is pretty but she’s quite an icy girl. She never smiles as he observed her in the house before.

 

To date her, it is impossible….

 

 

 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

* i'm very busy lately. sorry guys... hope u'll enjoy this chapter. i'm waiting for a 'Oops!' performance. I LOVE SUPER EFFECTS !

*recently, i'm enjoying some performances of a band called Bunkface. they're from Malaysia. they're really good. i just wanna share with u guys even though they're not popular as others.