Chapter 16: Flavor of Life

Flavor of Life

 

 

 

 **** You’re doing great! Congratulations! **** 

**** Thanks ****

**** Your band even got first place****

**** That’s because we’re talented. How’s my appearance? Did you get shock? ****

**** Don’t know. I’ve to go now. Can’t text you at this moment. ****

**** Anything happen? Can I call you tonight? ****

**** Sure ****

 

Qian quickly goes to the theatre backstage. Everyone is preparing for their costume and make up. She just needs to change the clothes and put a little make up on her face. It should be enough. She thought. Her mind is at the best condition right now. Someone knocks the door while she’s changing the clothes. “Wait!” Then, she looks outside. No ones. “Weird. I have to be quick”. Suddenly, she feels the urge to get out of the changing room.

 

Kyuhyun pov

“Where did she go? It’s almost the time for the performance to start”. I keep wondering the backstage, look for her. “Atta… she’s here”. I see her going inside the changing room. It took her so long. So, I knock the door but it’s inappropriate. Then, I go to Changmin who is arranging lots of things with our team.

 

“Did you see Qian?” Changmin asks him as he sees me.

“She’s changing her clothes right now”. I answer back.

“Are you sneaking on her?”

“What for? I saw her entered the room a while ago. Don’t judge me bad, Changmin”.

“Hehe.. sorry! Can you help me with this?” Changmin changes the topic quickly as my face turns red. I’ve no choice but to help him instead.

 

 

Victoria pov.

Everyone is getting ready at the backstage. They seem nervous. Even I’m the minor cast, the nervousness affects me too. I look at Changmin. He’s the most calm among us. He has no sign of nervous . I think someone stares at me. I realize that Yoona is looking at me up and down. She steps toward me. “How did you get this costume? I thought that you already got yours”. I know that she’s talking about my new clothes. Few days before, all the actors got their own costumes. So do I but two days ago, Changmin thought that the costumes don’t suit me very well. So, he searched for a new cloth for me at the mall. This is what I’m wearing now. Should I tell Yoona about this? I bet she will be jealous. Eventually, I didn’t say a thing to her. I just smile.

 

The theatre has been started. Qian needs to appear three times. Two times are with Kyuhyun. Now, is the last appearance with Kyuhyun. The scene that accidentally made the two kissed.

 

Victoria pov

I suddenly remember the scene when we rehearsed few days ago. I hope that it can’t be happened again in the real performance. I feel so nervous right now. Not to tell, but Kyuhyun is holding my hand to make me calm. “It will be last. You’ll be alright and just act natural”. That’s what he told me. I just look at him in the eyes. He avoids by turns his head. “What’s wrong?” I ask him. “Nothing”. I ask him wisely but what I get? ‘nothing’?

 

Kyuhyun pov

I see Qian is standing nervously while waiting for our turn. This is the last scene. So, I hold her hand, to make her relax. She’s looking at me with her eyes after my words. I can’t stand her sparkling eyes. It hurts me. That’s why I turn my head. I can’t answer back her question because I don’t know what should I say.

 

All the actors and the team productions have line up to bow to the audiences. They get a big applause from them. It seems the performance has been satisfying and worth to watch. Changmin parents are very proud of their son and daughter. Changmin should be a director in the future. They thought.

 

“I don’t think it’s really ended faster than I think. I want to thank all of you for helping me to prepare this theatre. I owe all of you that I can’t reply your kindness. I just can give you my deep bow and sincere thanks from my heart”. Changmin gives his last speech in front of the team who completely co-ordinate with all the works. All of them give him a clap for his last words. They make the farewell by shaking hands.

 

“Changmin oppa… can I get your phone number?” Yoona appeared in front of Changmin suddenly. What will she get eventually? “I can’t give you, but if you ask Qia… erm.. I mean Victoria, you can get mine if she can give you that”.  

“Crap! Is there something between both of you? What’s your relationship with her?” Yoona stares at Changmin burningly.

“You don’t even know? She’s my younger sister. We don’t look alike, right? I’m pretty sure she’s so much beautiful as my charming face”.

“You two are sibling? I can’t believe it!” Yoona shakes her head while staring at Victoria who is walking toward Changmin. She leaves them with a fast step out.

“Yo! Qian! We should celebrate it tonight”. They high five.

“Where?”

“We need to meet omma and appa first. Then, we decide where should we celebrate”.

 

 

“What the hell Kyuhyun do with us tonight?” Qian whispered to Changmin.

“I invited him tonight. Didn’t he part of the theatre this evening?”

“Even he’s the part of it, why don’t you invite the whole crews?”

“Omma wants to cook something delicious for us. I can’t invite all of them once.

Pity omma.

“He’s always around you too much!”

“Owh! I forgot that I promise to your group a treat. Tell them that we’ll make one by this weekend. I promise”.

“Arasseo”.

 

 

“Why don’t you eat more, dear? I made these for you”. Mrs Song who sat beside Qian looked at her only daughter caringly.

“Nothing, Ma. Can I stop here? I want to check some new entertainments on the television.”  

“What’s wrong with her, Chang?” This time was his father to ask.

“I don’t know”.

 

 

“Kyu, let’s go to my room!” The two cleaned up the dining table before going upstairs.

“Ma.. Pa.. Changmin wants me to join him in the room. Can’t I?”

“Oh! Sure”. Both eldest were smiling at the sudden Kyuhyun politeness.

In the room, they keep chatting and playing games. They were there for hours until they felt sleepy.

“I have to go now”.

“Ok. I need to practice more before I battle with you next time”. Changmin leads Kyuhyun to the living room until they see Qian is sleeping soundly on the sofa.

 

“Look at her! Always make others problems”. Kyuhyun turns his head.

“What’s wrong?”

“Do you know that? Every time she sleeps on the sofa, I’m the one who need to carry her up to her bedroom? She doesn’t wake up when someone wakes her up”.

“I know that”. Kyuhyun just giggles.

 

 

Victoria pov

Who brought me here? Changmin? Ah! It’s already 10 pm. I wash my face as I thought that I don’t prepare for the school stuffs tomorrow yet. When I arrange the last thing in my bag, I get a call. It’s from LJ.

 

“Hello”

“Hi!”

“What are you doing just now? Did I interrupt you?"

“No. I just tidy up my things. How about you?”

“I’m talking to you right now”

“Is that a stupid question from me?”

“Not at all”.

“I guess it is. So, I get to see your face today. Is that really you?”

“Are you shock? I’ve a handsome face, right?”

“Just not bad but I’m not judging you by your face”.

“Woah! You’re the first to say that but I’m different because I want to compliment at your beauty, Victoria”.

“Cheesy words. I’m not into that type of words, LJ”.

“I know. That’s why I choose you”.

“What do you mean?”

“I choose you to be my special friend because of this attitude of yours”.

“Ara… LJ, don’t you want to tell me your real name? It’s sound no good if I call you by that”.

“Ara… my real name is Jong hyun. Lee Jong hyun. One year older than you. For your information, I’m in one class with your oppa. I mean Changmin and his best friend, Kyuhyun”.

“That’s bad!” Did they know about me, friend with you?”

“I guess they didn’t know about me yet. I’m not so close with them. They’re too popular at school. Most all the girls are chasing after them”.

“So, no one chasing after you?”

“I’m quite handsome but I rejected them”.

“So, you’re telling me that you’re still a hot stuff in the school?”

“Not at all but I think that I’m not too far behind your oppa and Kyuhyun.

 

They were chatting unstoppable until they ended the call.

 

 

*********************************************************************************

I'm really sorry for a long absence.

this ff is a little bit boring. i guess i'm not good at writing.

Lee Jong hyun as in the character above is Jong hyun CNBLUE.

When i search for his picture, his face is look like Mizushima Hiro a.k.a. Nanba Senpai (Hanakimi)