Chapter 2

Are you Serious?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After a grueling 7 hours, school was finally over and students began to pour out. While most students were rushing to leave, Eunji calmly packed her bag, and once again placed in her ear buds. Kai had grown a habit of watching her. He knew basically everything about her if not more.

He loved the way she furrowed her eyebrows when she read stories. He loved the way she would smile unconsciously at the story line. He loved her fascination for the supernatural. If I could tell her, it would be so much easier. I mean she already believes in me.. right?

“Eunji!” a voice called. Both Eunji and Kai looked over toward the door in surprise. It was Yixing, Minseok’s friend. Eh, why is Min oppa’s friend here? Where is he?

Eunji pulled off her ear buds and walked over. As they conversed, Kai could hear the whole thing. I guess that was the good thing about being who he was, he was blessed with enhanced senses. Even though the conversation was small talk, Kai’s fist clenched at the sight of her conversing with another male. Friend or not, he despised anyone coming near his mate.

“Minseok and Suho can’t walk you home today. They’re going to be out, so I’ll walk you home for a few days.” Yixing explained.

Eunji nodded understandingly. I guess its that time of the month then.. Eunji thought. Once a month, both Suho and Minseok would disappear without notice for a couple days. She always asked where they went, but they never gave her a clear answer so she eventually gave up. Both Chanyeol and Baekhyun had club activities so they wouldn’t be walking home with her today either.

“Yes, finally some freedom,” Eunji said underneath her breathe.

“Eh?” Yixing said. “Nothing, Xing oppa.” Eunji pranced off to get her bag.

Kai heard what she had said and smiled at her. “Yah… you really are creepy..” Jongdae said half jokingly.

Kai slung his bag over his shoulder and scoffed at his friend, “ c’mon, lets go home.”

As Kai and Jongdae made their way past Yixing and Eunji, Yixing couldn’t help but stare at the crazy haired boy who just passed by. I get a bad feeling from him; I better keep Eunji away from him. As the pairs walked their separate ways, Kai took one last glance at Eunji. She was laughing at Yixing for an unknown reason, but it brought a smile to both of their faces. Taking a closer look at Yixing face, Kai noticed something “off” about his eyes. The way they shone, the warmth they held, it made Kai feel jumpy. Kai chewed on this inside of his cheek before turning back around to Jongdae.  It’s probably nothing…

“Xing oppa!” Eunji called.

Yixing looked at her softly, “Yes?”

She pointed excitedly toward the bookstore down the road. “ I want to see if they have the book I wanted. Can we go please please please?”

She looked at him with wide eyes and her lower lip jutting out. Yixing was not spared of her ageyo and fell into her trap. She’s so cute, how could anyone say no?

He nodded and Eunji clapped excitedly.  Her smile is the best. Seeing it makes my day brighter.

She hooked her arm around his that took him by surprise. He’s cheeks flushed slightly, not used to the sudden physical contact. Eunji dragged the two of them into the bookstore and excitedly ran into the supernatural section. He watched her skim the books, she was smiling the whole time. He watched as her eyes glistened in excitement of just a book. A normal girl would never get excited over a book, but Eunji was never a normal girl to anyone.

Yixing gazed upon her lovingly. If you hadn’t guessed already, he had feelings for Eunji. No, he was in love with Eunji. Only Minseok and Suho were aware of this, and surprisingly they didn’t mind. The only problem was that she was human and he was not.

“Oppa I found it!”

Yixing jolted up and looked at the girl who was beaming while holding up a book. He smiled, his dimple caving in. Eunji did a happy dance before walking to the register to pay. She asked the cashier to not wrap it so she could begin reading it immediately.

Eunji smiled the whole way home, absorbed in her new book. Curiously Yixing asked, “ What is this one about?”

She shot up and looked at him, surprised that he asked. Usually people were annoyed at her obsession with books and imaginary things, but he seemed to be genuinely curious. She smiled, “ it’s about a girl who falls in love with vampire. He loves her back, but leaves her to protect her. Amazingly enough, her best friend is a werewolf and he protects her while the vampire is gone. Cheesy, I know, but I love these kinds of romances.”

She hugged the book to her chest and sighed wistfully, “What it would be like to have a magical boyfriend..”

They’re closer than you think, Eunji, Yixing thought. They arrived at her house, and Eunji waved him goodbye.

She went to her room to drop her bag off and then change into a sweater and leggings before making her way downstairs. Grabbing a drink from the fridge, she munched on an apple as she walked back upstairs.

She sat in the beanbag in her room, cuddling

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter