Chapter 6

Are you Serious?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The weekend rolled in a little too quickly for Eunji’s liking. At around 10am she rolled out of bed. Not bothering to brush her hair nor teeth, she dragged her feet down the staircase. In the foyer sat Suho reading the mornings newspaper. Minseok went on his morning run and Chanyeol was out doing, whatever Chanyeol’s do. Baekhyun was still snoring in his room. Lazily Eunji plopped down onto the couch and rested on her brother’s lap. Not looking away from his newspaper, Suho lightly chuckled before ruffling her hair. “Good morning.”

She groaned lightly and he took that as a confirmation. “ I made breakfast today. Omelets, your favorite.”

At the word she shot up from his lap and smiled excitedly. Giving him a light peck on the cheek, she pranced into the kitchen to eat her still warm breakfast. When she finished, Eunji went to the bathroom to get ready for her project. Thinking about the project made her mentally groan in reluctance to go to Kai’s house today and Luhan’s tomorrow.

She decided a shower was probably the quickest way, washing her messy hair and brushing her teeth at the same time. She then dried off and changed into a thick knit turtleneck sweater and skinny jeans. Putting on the bracelet her brothers had given her she smiled. It really is beautiful, she thought.

Looking at the clock she slowed down her pace. Quietly she packed her laptop along with the thick packet her teacher gave the class. Looking around her room she made sure she didn’t forget anything before going back downstairs. Minseok was already back and drinking a glass of water while watching TV. He noticed her walking down the stairs and called her out, “Eunnie-ah, are you leaving now?”

“Yea.” She replied. Minseok got up from his seat and put on his jacket, “I’ll drop you off then.”

“Eh?” she said surprised, “ But you just came back from your run. Why would you leave again? Aren’t you tired?”

Minseok shrugged, “It’s fine. I just want you to be safe.” He grabbed a beanie from the hanger and put it on her head. “Okay, now we can go.”

Eunji crinkled her nose before saying goodbye to Suho. She and Minseok put on their shoes and left the house.

Both of them remembered where Kai lived. It wasn’t strange; living in the same area since elementary meant you probably knew everyone in the neighborhood and even town. Like Eunji, Kai’s home was secluded in the forest and just as large too.

Aah, being back here brings memories. Eunji smiled to herself as she reminisced on her childhood with Kai. She remembered when he climbed a tree and got stuck or the time Sehun caught a beetle, only to start crying out of fear when it suddenly flew away. That was before her brothers started to act weirdly around them.

Soon they reached the entrance of his home and Minseok stiffened, unnoticeable to Eunji. He could feel the auras of the wolves in the house. He closed his eyes in attempt to calm down, keep calm, Minseok. This is only for a few hours. She’ll be fine. Kai won’t hurt her anyway.. Minseok had somewhat of a clue as to what Kai’s intentions were. As for the mate part, a part of him refused to believe that she really was his mate. But there was nothing he could do if it were true.

Sighing heavily, he knocked on the door and almost immediately it flew open. Kai’s anxious face was revealed, “Eunji! You’re here!”

She waved timidly and glanced at her brother who showed a fake smile. He caught her eye and she gave him an apologetic look. “I’ll pick you up at 7 then?” he asked.

She nodded and Minseok gave her a quick hug and a peck on the forehead. “Call us if anything, and I mean anything happens okay?”

Again she nodded and he turned his gaze toward Kai. The two men had an unspoken tension, you better keep her safe or else you won’t ever howl to the moon again.

Kai cracked a smile, “ I’ll protect her hyung. Trust me.” Minseok sighed and turned to Eunji to give her one last hug before he left.

Kai opened the door wider for Eunji to enter and she shyly entered. “Pardon my intrusion..” she whispered.

She took off her shoes and a voice called Kai from the kitchen. “Kai!” the voice was feminine and light, “Is Eunji here?!”

The shuffling of foot steps came rapidly toward the two of them. Eunji looked up to see Yoora, Kai’s older sister.

Eunji’s eyes perked open, “Unnie! It’s been a while!” Yoora smiled widely and engulfed her in a large hug, “it has, hasn’t it?” she looked into her brothers eyes and smirked, he’s probably soo jealous right now. He can’t do this with his Eunji kekeke.

Surely enough, Kai was fuming in the back; you could almost see the steam coming out of his ears. Keep it in Kai, it’s just your sister.. breathe… He took a shaky breath and awkwardly cleared his throat, “ Noona, we have a project to do. Bring some snacks up to my room later okay?”

He quickly grabbed Eunji’s wrist to her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter