Chapter 13

Are you Serious?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eunji couldn't take her eyes off the pretty ice scuplture that was spinning in Minseok's hands. How was this possible? Suddenly Minseok closed his palms and it disappeared into thin air. Only mist was left behind. 

Her eyes slowly travelled to her brothers in front of her. All this time, she was living with people with such power? She looked at Chanyeol. He sat stiffly in his seat, his eyes constantly flicking here and there. Next to him Baekhyun sat stoically; his arms were crossed along his chest and his eyes seemed to be in a daze. Suho and Minseok both had their arms ontop of the table, Suho his lips as he tried to find the words to continue. How much should he tell her? Everything? Starting from her own background?

"Eunji- ah," Suho said shakily. 

Her head shot upward at her name. her heart was beating fast in her chest. Was she worried? Scared? Excited? She couldn't explain the feeling in her heart. 

"Eunji, as you know, our world is full of magical beings. But they aren't limited to wolves and vampires. Mermaids, fairies, nine tailed foxes, they exist as well. Some don't exist such as were- coyotes, and some are extinct like dragons."

"But Suho and I are of a different category," Minseok input. "We fit somewhere inbetween humans and magical spirits. I guess you can consider us something like a demi- god."

Eunji listened intently though her eyes were drilled toward the table. Suho and Minseok oppa's are... not human? Then what are they?

Seeing that Eunji was concentrated Minseok continued. "We are called 'Guardians'. We don't know how we're created but we have a specific purpose, to protect. We are created for specific people and not everyone has a Guardian. Sometimes we appear in front of people who know nothing about the magical creatures around them, but usually they're for certain families. Eunji, yours is one."

Her trance was broken as she bore her eyes into Minseok. "My.. family?" she whispered confused. 

He nodded. He was nervous about what he was going to say, but it needed to be said. 

"You're my Guardians?" she asked.

He shook his head and sighed a little. "Eunji, we're you're parents' Guardians."

She froze. It had been forever since anyone had mentioned her parents excpet for her. Minseok and Suho always seemed so shaken up whenever she mentioned the inccident that she learned to keep shut. Anticipating her next question Suho answered it for her.

"Your parents.." it was begining to get hard to speak anymore but he pushed through. "When your parents died in that accident. It was no accident. It was planned and they knew it. Even though they knew, they went anyway, ordering us to stay with you. Eunji, you were so young back then, so precious. Out of the four of us, none of us wanted to part with you. But Guardians had to listen to their partners, your parents. They told Minseok and I to protect you in their place."

Minseok clutched onto his pants tightly. His fists were turning white and his eyes were burning. Suho was no better but he continued talking. "Those people, those beings that killed your parents, were the last of the old Hunter's tribe. Your parents deserted, disgusted by their practices. They used captured beings like fairies and sometimes even rouge and abandoned werewolves and vampires in place of a Guardian."

"Your parents were the most powerful in the tribe." Chanyeol said. He knew neither Suho nor Minseok could continue. Suho finally was able to breathe and cried silently. "A hunter and Guardian couple is immesely powerful. No else in the tribe had one and when your parents left,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter