Chapter 3

Are you Serious?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As always, Eunji woke up on time. She washed her face and brushed her teeth before going to the kitchen to make breakfast and pack lunch. Normally it would be a mother doing this, but Eunji’s adoptive parents were always busy and were rarely home. She didn’t mind though. She had four wonderful (yet annoying) brothers to keep her company. She was caring and understanding; she’s probably never complained to her parents before (except when her brothers bully her).

It was amazing how grateful and lively she was. After all, her parents had died when she was at an age that could comprehend death. Death meant that they would never come back. Death meant they were gone. Forever.

Despite this fact, Eunji grew up with her over protective brothers and loving adoptive parents. She thought that they always protected her so heavily because of they incident with her parents. But the true reason was never spoken.

As Eunji made fried rice for lunch, Baekhyun was the first to come downstairs. He immediately opened the fridge and pulled out a jug of orange juice, chugging it down as if he had been in a desert for a week. After wiping his lips he went over to Eunji and gave her a hug from behind. “ Good morning Jiji~” Baekhyun cooed.

She smiled, “Morning Baek oppa. Save this kind of stuff for your girlfriend!”

Baekhyun snorted a laugh and lightly kissed the crown of her head. He began to drink some soup when Chanyeol rushed down the stairs, hair still undone.

“Baek!” he cried, “Why didn’t you wake me up when you did?!”

Baehyun ignored his panicked brother and continued to eat. Chanyeol grunted in frustration, “Eunnie, where’s my tie? Have you seen my blazer?”

“ In your bathroom hanging and right here.”

She threw him his blazer as he ran back up stairs frantically.

“Stop being so nice to him Jiji,” Baejhyun grumbled as he stuffed rice in his mouth.

Eunji just shrugged and began to eat her breakfast.

Halfway through, Chanyeol was downstairs fully dressed in his uniform, his hair still unkempt. He hastily grabbed his lunch and put a piece of toast in his hand.

“ SorrygottagoI’mlatetotheclub!” he slurred quickly.

He slapped Baekhyun on the back and kissed Eunji lightly on the cheek before dashing out the door. “Bye..” Eunji trailed.

After putting the dishes away, the siblings went to change before leaving the house.

Eunji pulled the same black scarf over her neck before placing in her ear buds. As the two walked to school, Baekhyun was called by a few friends and was dragged into the group. Crap I’m supposed to stay with Eunji! Why are both hyung’s and Chanyeol gone today?! Ugh.

Baekhyun did his best to get out of the conversation and when he found Eunji, he saw the Oh twins talking to her. He didn’t know if he should be worried or happy, well at least she looks happy right? He made his way back to his friends and continued to converse with them.

Eunji on the other hand was busily reading her online book, completely zoned in on her music. She felt a slight tap on her shoulder, and looked back to see Kai. He smiled at her and she smiled back, “good morning Kai!”

“Good morning,” he replied softly.

Kai nudged his brother who shot him a glare and then looked at Eunji with bored eyes. “Hey.”

She smiled awkwardly, “ So, do you need something?”

Kai laughed stiffly, rubbing his neck with his hand, “ oh.. I uh.. just wanted to talk..”

She nodded softly and took out her ear buds to be polite. Eunji looked at him to continue.

“uh..” he stuttered.

Sehun scoffed at his brother.  He wanted to talk to her but look at him! He can’t even get a word out.

“ Did you know we’re getting a project today?” Sehun said blandly.

He shot a glare toward Kai whose eyes thanked his elder brother graciously.

“ Oh, really? What kind of project?” she asked curiously.

“ It’s a partner project. I think it’s on the dynasties of Korea and we make a diorama.”

Eunji’s mouth formed an “o” shape in acknowledgment. Kai smiled and blushed.  I’m finally talking to her! What luck that her brothers not here to interru-

“Eunji!”

The three of their heads snapped back at the voice. Kai’s face immediately turned sour. His fist clenched tightly in his palms.

Luhan strode over to Eunji who greeted him warmly, “Hi Luhan.”

His smile dazzled Eunji and she shyly looked away.

Kai’s eyes widened, is she blushing? Is she blushing for him? She’s getting shy FOR HIM? THAT FLITHY BLOOD ER?!! WHY I OUGHTA-

Sehun placed a hand on his furious brothers shoulder. Kai turned to look at Sehun’s eyes that warned him to not do anything rash.

Kai hissed out a breath before looking back at Eunji and Luhan. His anger rose up again, but Sehun’s warning restrained him.

“ So what were you guys talking about?” Luhan said huskily, a little too close to Eunji.

She noticed this, and smoothly increased the space in between them. Kai sighed with relief.

“ Apparently we are going to be assigned a partner project today.”

Luhan nodded his head with his mouth open. He then turned to Eunji with a smirk, “ I hope I get to be partners with you Eunji.”

Both Kai and Eunji’s eyes widened in shock. Kai almost punched Luhan right then and there, but the sound of Eunji’s beautiful laughter caught al of their attention.

Kai’s anger disintegrated as he heard the beautiful tinkle of her laughter.

Luhan smiled at the sig

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter