Chapter 4

Are you Serious?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The teacher passed out the huge stack of papers, which was a packet explaining everything. The teacher seemed lazy; as soon as the packets were handed out, he ordered the class to read it and ask questions if they had any. Eunji sighed and opened the large packet. Her eyes were focused as she read the directions, but the same couldn’t be said about the other two.

Currently, Eunji sat in between the growing tension of the boys, oblivious to the feud. Both wanted to be a mile away from the latter and this stupid project just had to place the two of them together. But neither wanted to leave the group since Eunji was there.

It’d be a blessing if he would just leave! Both boys thought.

Eunji looked up a little to only see the boys still staring at each other. She was certain neither have read the directions. Despite being the happy and easygoing person she was, she absolutely hated when people didn’t pull their own weight.

“Yah, you two love birds,” she said sharply. Both heads to meet Eunji with her arms crossed along her chest with an eyebrow raised.

Luhan gagged playfully, “ Us? Lovebirds?” he said as he pointed continuously between Kai and himself.

“Never.” Kai seethed.

She rolled her eyes, “ Then stop looking at each other if you aren’t! I’m not going to be doing all the work and I expect you two to at least read the directions!”

Luhan and Kai gulped. Luhan had never seen Eunji angry before but Kai has. Being childhood friends meant he knew Eunji more than Luhan, which he was proud of. Kai mumbled an apology before proceeding to open the packet and Luhan wordlessly flipped through his.

Seeing that they were finally reading, she began to think of the easiest dynasty to do for the project. She bit the end of her pencil as she thought. Kai watched her from behind his paper and smiled.  She’s had that habit since we were kids.

Luhan was also staring. Looking upward, Kai caught Luhan’s eyes and sparks of resentment were crackling. Kai bared his teeth and growled lowly that Eunji didn’t hear, and Luhan replied with an inaudible hiss.

“How about the Joseon Dynasty?”

The boys broke their stare down and turned to Eunji who was clueless of the previous feud. “Uh yea sure, what ever is good,” Kai muttered.

She jutted her lower lip and blew her bangs. She was regretting what she said earlier that morning about being partners with them. This is going to . I wanna change partners..

“ I don’t think this is going to work..” she said doubtedly. “Both of you don’t seem motivated to work and you don’t even get along. I’ll ask the teacher to change partn-“

“NO!”

Eunji blinked with a fright. The boys had spoken a little bit too loudly in the semi quiet classroom. Her eyes traveled warily around the room, catching the confused glances of her classmates. She laughed shyly and bowed a little, “sorry… excuse us..”

She turned back toward her desk and tightly squeezed her eyes shut. Aish, these boys! They’re so embarrassing!  Opening her eyes, they darted back and forth from Luhan to Kai. I thought the both of them were reserved and I was the loud one.. Goodness..

“You guys are embarrassing..” she covered her face with her hands and groaned. “If you don’t want to change partners then what can we do about this project?! Do you have a solution??”

Kai looked at Luhan reluctantly and gulped. Neither of them really had an answer or a solution, but they needed one quick if they wanted to be with Eunji.

“Um, we can work on it separately?” Kai suggested.

Eunji pouted, “Then how do I know if you guys are doing it correctly?”

“ Then just come to our houses.”

Kai and Eunji twisted their heads toward Luhan who sat their non-chalantly. “B-bwoh?”

“ If you’re so worried that we wont do work, then just come over to both of our houses. One on Saturday the other on Sunday. Simple.”

Not simple. Kai fumed. She is not getting near that bats nest. Never. Never. NEVER.

Eunji thought. Hmmm, Min and Suho oppa definitely aren’t letting them in our house.. and it doesn’t seem like we can switch partners either.. *sigh* There goes my reading time..

“ Kure,” she breathed. There wasn’t really anything she could do about it now so she’d have to live with her brothers being angry for a few days.

No she said yes! Whyyy?? Kai mentally screamed. She can’t can’t can’t go over to his house!! They’ll eat her! Why cant she just work with me after school and with him during school? But wait, this means she’s coming to my house too… I guess… its not too bad.. right?

She blew her bangs and cleared , “So I’ll do the report with Kai on Saturday and the diorama with Luhan the next day?”

The two nodded. Eunji chewed on her lip, oppa’s aren’t going to like this….

 

The day ended quietly after the history class. Like yesterday, Yixing came to Eunji’s class and escorted her home. “Xing- oppa, do you know when my brothers are coming back?”

He faced the girl, “ Hmmm, they should be back by tomorrow. Why do you ask?”

Eunji scowled at the events that happened during class. She then looked sneakily at Yixing. “ Something annoying happened today..”

That perked his interest. “ Tell me.” He said cutely.

Eunji smiled, “Aigoo, oppa. Did you just use ageyo? Because it worked.” Yixing laughed. “Don’t tell my brothers okay?”

He nodded cutely again and Eunji internally squealed. “ Well, today in history, we got a project.” His eyes urged her to continue. And she glanced away while mumbling, “ my partners are Kai and Luhan.”

Yixing stopped. He blinked and continued to walk. “Sorry I think I misheard you. Can you repeat that?”

She pouted, “I said, my partners for history are Luhan and Kai.”

“Oh my goodness, are you serious?” Yixing asked bewildered.

Her pout got deeper, “ I know right?! And I can’t change partners! And now I have to go to their house separately this weekend!”

Yixing didn’t say anything after that. He was deep in though.  Oh lord this is bad. Bad bad bad veerryy bad.. Do I tell Suho and Min

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter