Chapter 5

Are you Serious?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eunji POV

I can’t handle it. Why does Minseok and Suho oppa have to be so protective? I want to be like other girls who have sleepovers and go on movie dates. I want to hang out after school and gossip about the boys we like.

I know, I was being a little too harsh on them by yelling, but they needed to know eventually. What could be so bad that they’re hiding? I don’t understand. I may not be blood related to them but we’re still family.

Darting out the door, I only brought my coat and shoes. I didn’t even grab my phone or keys. How stupid of me. As I ran through the forest, my tears were running down my face. The night was cold and I could feel the freezing wind bite my skin. My body knew where to go. It was almost like it was carved into my brain. I always came here when I was younger, of course without telling my brothers. It was almost like a little shrine for myself, peaceful and calm.

I came to the clearing and panted. Since it was fall, the trees were now warm shades of red and orange but still beautiful. The night was quiet and you could see the stars and moon shining brightly. It was magical. I used to live in the city and never got to see these kinds of things. A twinkling night sky could never compare to the clouded city one. I guess you could say I’m thankful I got this wonderful opportunity even though it came from a heavy price.

I sat down in the grass and brought my knees to my chest. Tears were still falling from my face; I thought they would freeze and forced myself to stop. Silly right? I know I’m childish; oppa’s always reminded me of that. But how can I not be when they spoil me so much and protect me like some kind of baby?

Looking down at myself, I realized wherever I go, it reminded me of my brothers, my family. These boots were the ones Chanyeol and Baekhyun got me a few weeks ago “because it’s getting cold,” they claimed. But really, they just wanted to buy it for me. I know. Because I’m their little sister.

The sweater was from Minseok oppa because he said the character on the front was cute and reminded him of me. I smiled to myself at the memory, Channie and Baek oppa each throwing one of the shoes at me while Minseok wrapped the sweater nicely even though it wasn’t my birthday.

Suho oppa gave one of his scarves to me because he didn’t want me to get sick. I remember refusing it because I didn’t want to get too hot, but being the parental figure like Min- oppa, he insisted. Now it’s one of my favorites.

I really can never get away from them, can I? I smiled to myself. My tears were long gone along with the anger, frustration and sadness from earlier. I felt bad about yelling. But I also didn’t at the same time if that makes sense. They sorta deserved it.

I wish I brought a book or something.. even though I love looking at the stars, it felt like a perfect night to be reading.  I wonder when it’ll be a full moon.. Will there be werewolves? Kekeke, that’s impossible.. This isn’t a fairy tale.

I wondered what it would be like to be a vampire or werewolf. Did it hurt to transform? I heard it was lonely to live forever. Does it feel weird to grow hairy all over? Do you have a heartbeat and blood? All these questions and more I would ask to them if I ever could meet them. But they don’t exist. It’s all made up stuff that humans made up for fun right?

Laughing at my imagination, I pulled my scarf closer to my face.  Its cold, but it feels nice. This may have been one of the first times I’ve been alone at night like this. But why do I feel like I’m not alo-

A snap of a twig in front of me caught my attention. My eyes shot wide open as I stared in the direction of the sound. Oh my god what is that? Is it an animal?! Are their bears in this town? What if it’s a real werewolf! Should I be scared or excited?!

I couldn’t see it clearly, and cautiously I stepped closer. Cursed my adventurous side. I know I might be stepping toward my death, but I was just so curious! As I got closer, the figure kept its jasmine blue eyes on me. They’re so beautiful. The figure got bigger and bigger, it was the shape of an animal. Soon, I was a few feet from it; we stared at each other for the longest time. I examined its body.

A wolf.

In this town, looking at me. Are you serious? How cool is that! I just pray it doesn’t eat me.

Carelessly, I was mesmerized by its majestic like aura and I stretched my hand out to it. It didn’t move. Surprisingly, it consented, and I touched its silvery coat. It was coarse but was shockingly soft underneath. Even through its thick fur, I could feel its warmth radiating to my hand.

No stupid Eunji! My reasonable conscious was urging me to run away as fast as I could. But typical Eunji was like, Wow! A wolf! This is cool so lets get close and risk injury which may lead to death!

I looked back into its eyes. They bore into my soul, yet I couldn’t look away. I was trapped.

I felt like its prey, but I wasn’t scared.

His eyes. They’re so beautiful under the moonlight. It felt like something I hadn’t experienced yet.

Love.

But how does a wolf know what love is? I’m stupid. I don’t even know what love feels like. I’m just a girl who is surrounded by annoying but caring brothers and imaginary characters. I’m bringing stories into real life. “ I feel like I’m dreaming..” I whispered to myself.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter