Chapter 14

Are you Serious?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

One by one, tears fell onto her lap. The house was silent as her eyes blurred heavily and her body trembled violently. She fought back the sobs in since she didn't want to make her siblings cry even harder. Even though she knew that they weren't her real siblings or even human, the relationship they formed was just the one her parent's wanted them all to form. 

Her fingers curled tightly on her shirt as it began to turn dark from her tears. Though there were so many thoughts swimming in her mind, she couldn't think of anything. All the things she's imagined and believed to be fake have been proved to be right. So far she knew the people closest to her were protecting her with all their might and yet she lived out her life ignorant. How much pain did they take when she spoke the wrong words or even looked at her?

As Minseok wiped away his tears, his chest felt light. Somehow it felt as if a burden was lifted off his shoulders. He looked to the ceiling and showed a sad smile. Have we done well, Alyssa?

The past was finished but there was still information not spoken. After a time of reflection and silence Eunji slowly lifted her heads and showed a small smile to her brothers. She grabbed a tissue and began making her way around the table to dab their eyes dry. Each giving her a tight and long hug, she sat back down in her position and took a long drink from her cold hot chocolate. 

Clearing his throat Baekhyun took a sigh. "Getting a little emotional, yah know?"

The table laughed lightly at his attempt to lift the mood and his lips perked upward. Folding his hands on the table he his lips and began to speak. "So now you know about magical beings and your past. But there are other people involved in this whole mess of the world."

He paused and waited for Eunji to nod and continued. "So mentioned before were Hunters. Just as their name sounds, they hunted mystical beings. Not the passive ones, but those who became crazed or possessed or rouged by their packs. Chanyeol and I are both hunters, so are our parents, Miya and Jinyoung. They got married after their spouses passed away in action so technically we’re step siblings."

Chanyeol nodded affirmatively and took over. " If you're wondering why we're still in high school then it's because we all needed a way to be near you since this town is outside of the city and full of magical creatures. We're truthfully in our early 20's."

Shocked by the sudden confession Eunji's eyes dropped open. The four laughed at her cute reaction. With a smile Minseok said, "Well, Suho, Yixing and I don't count since we don't age."

She began to crack a smile and urged Chanyeol to continue. With a a toothy smile he complied. 

"Baek and I's parent's aren't ever

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter