Chapter 18

Are you Serious?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hand in hand, Eunji and Kai padded through the forest floor. She liked the warmth of his hands, another perk of being a werewolf, she guessed. The feeling of not being scared even though the trees and shrubs of the forest created frightening shadows made her feel empowered and protected. She thought she could get used to this. 

The feeling of her soft fingertips interlacing with his never felt any better. He wondered what happened in his past that gave him such a loving, cute and all around perfect mate. He loved the way she would hover just above his arm to feel warm, and he liked knowing that she was somewhat attracted to him. 

They walked silently but it seemed as if the air around them spoke instead. His thumb soothed the soft skin of her hand methodically, and his warm aura oozed love and protection. Eunji's mind flew thousands of miles; why was she so comfortable? What was this feeling inside of her? How come these feelings felt so... right?

Soon, the two approached the dimly lit house. Kai began to slow down, sad that his time with her was over. If he could, he'd walk her to the front door, but neither of them thought it would be a good idea. 

"So, I guess I'll see you tomorrow?" Eunji said awkwardly. 

Slowly their hands began to unravel, but it happened all too slow for it to be normal. They both felt that pull for eachother's warmth as soon as they parted, and Eunji kept wondering why. Kai silently whimpered, and although Eunji couldn't hear it, Minseok and Suho heard it loud and clear. The two Guardians grimaced, knowing that the cry was one of sadness and longing.

Minseok rubbed his brow. "Dammit. I can't believe she's his mate."

Suho folded up his newspaper before tossing it aside. "Well," he sighed. "Can't do anything about that." 

Looking out the window, Suho could faintly make out the figures of the two teenagers. A somewhat warm and bubbly feeling emerged from inside of him. 

"At least we know we can trust her with him." he whispered quietly. 

 

 

Eunji woke up the next morning feeling rejuvenated and fresh; somehow a burden was lifted off her shoulders. It was the same kind of day; get dressed, have breakfast, go to school, come back home and read. But why was she feeling so... different today?

As she trudged downstairs, Eunji could smell the freshly made coffee that Minseok and Suho always drank along side with the sweet scent of pancakes. She sat down across from them and laughed as Minseok turned around in a bright pink apron, spatula in hand. 

"It was from Miya last Christmas..." he mumbled with blush evident on his face. 

Eunji couldn't stop laughing as Chanyeol and Baekhyun finally flew from the staircase. With Eunji knowing their real jobs, they jumped over the railing from the second floor and landed without a sound in the living room. 

"Oppa!" Her eyes widened as she ran to see the two playfully hitting eachother, arguing who was first to arrive. 

"Eunji! Tell Chanyeol I got here first!"

"No, because my legs are longer

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter