Chapter 6

Complicated Love
i am very sorry i haven't updated this fanfic for a while...
my other fanfic "Never Again" was receving so much love that i can't help but update it...
so yeah...
by the way... this is going to be my gift to you guys because today's my birthday!!! yay!!
i decided to make a double update so enjoy!!
please comment/subscibe!!
-immaLocket029
 

 
JONGHYUN
 
Key. Key. Key.
 
Why do I keep thinking about him and our kiss earlier when it was nothing but a pretend? The way his lips felt against mine, how soft they felt compared to mine and how his lips taste like. And to be honest, even though it sounds odd, his lips felt much better compared to Gwiboon's lips. It might be because of the absence of lipgloss or anything, but deep inside I just know that whatever the reason may be, I really did like how his lips felt earlier when we kissed.
 
Like an idiot, my fingers went up and touched my lips. Why can't I get him out of my head? It's not like that kiss meant something special, it's not like he and I have never kissed before back when the two of us were fooling around and I kissed him for a full minute just for the fun of it, and it's definitely not like he and I are really lovers. Maybe I'm just overreacting a little since he's the only guy I've kissed. Yeah, that should be it. But I feel like I want to feel it again - much longer, much more passionate, and probably with real feelings.
 
What the hell am I thinking? Key's my best friend! I'm only helping him get the guy he's in love with him, not to get him to fall in love me! You're a ing idiot, Kim Jonghyun.
 
~
 
After an hour or so of thinking, I looking at the clock on my bedside table and saw that it was almost 9 o'clock. So much for getting some sleep, I thought to myself. "Guess I have to get ready for my date, can't keep the princess waiting." I got up from my bed and went to the bathroom to take a shower. But when I caught sight of myself in the mirror I wasn't able to stop myself from shouting at my own reflection. "Well ! I look like a ing panda!" The dark circles underneath my eyes were probably the darkest they've ever been. What the hell am I going to do about this? I tried to massaging them in a circular motion, hoping that they would disappear but when ten minutes passed and nothing happened, I had no other choice but to take a shower and pray to God that I don't look like a complete wreck. Fifteen minutes later I was completely dressed, my hair fixed and with one last look at the clock, I still have a spare time to get myself some coffee on the way.
 
Taking my car keys, I drove off and texted Key that I'm on my way to his shared apartment with Onew hyung:
 
 
To: Key-bummie
From: Jjong-pup
 
Hey, baby! I'm on my way to pick you up!!
 
I'll be there in about an hour, see ya soon! 
 
Luv u!! ㅋㅋㅋ
 
- Jjong
 
 
~
 
Key opened the door for me, dressed in a casual attire: an ed pink chequered shirt with the sleeves rolled up to his elbows, a plain white tee underneath and  a simple acid wash jeans. "Hi," he said with a small smile, his dimples briefly showing and moved aside so I can come in. As we made towards the living room I noticed that something off with him. He was way too quiet to be considered his normal behaviour. Instead of sitting on the sofa I walked closer to him and hugged him tightly.
 
"Hey, you okay?" I asked. "You're way too quiet, that's very unlike you." He just stood there wrapped around my arms, his arms limply lying his sides and his chin resting on my shoulder.
 
"-sigh- It's just that," he began and I could tell the clear sadness in his voice. "Well, last night after you left I saw Onew hyung standing just a few steps behind me just like you said. And then when I tried to make my way to my bedroom he suddenly blew up on me. See, look at this." He held out his arm and showed me a very visible bruise just above his elbow. "It hurts you know." I heard him sniffling and when I pulled away he was already crying. 
 
"Shh, it's okay," I told him, wiping the tears from his face. "Stop crying, Key, you're ruining your make up." He immediately bolted straight up when he heard about his make up, his eyes wide as though he'd seen a ghost. 
 
"No way..." he whispered. Sheesh, one second he was crying about the nasty bruise on his arm and now he's worrying about his make up being ruined? "Kim Jonghyun, please tell me you're lying about my make up?" His voice quivered a little when he said it as he hastily wiped his face, smearing the ruined make up even more.
 
I shook my head 'No' and backed away just in case he blew up on me. One of the things I learned from being friends with Key: never insult his make up or even say that it's ruined. Unless you want to get killed. "Sorry, babe. You already look like a wreck like me." I pointed towards the dark circles on my face and smiled at him apologetically. Oh hell. I guess I'm going to be beaten up into a pulp today.
 
"Yah!" 
 
I raised my hands in front of my face in defence knowing that he's going to launch himself at me. But when I heard sounds of stomping and the loud slam of the bathroom door I couldn't help the sigh of relief that left my mouth. "He still hasn't changed at all."
 
While waiting for him to redo his make up all over again, I took a sit on the sofa and decided to entertain myself by turning the TV on look for something interesting to watch. A few minutes later, I heard a door open. I was about to greet Key but stopped when I saw that it was Onew hyung instead, looking at though he just woke up. 
 
"Jonghyun-ah? What are you doing here?" he asked, scratching the back of his head with his left hand and covered his yawn with the other.
 
"I'm waiting for Key," I replied simply. 
 
"Why?"
 
"Because we have a date today."
 
"Y-you have a what with Key?" His eyes widened and I almost laughed at how ridiculous he looked.
 
"I have. A date. With Key," I repeated, emphasizing the whole sentence as though I was talking to an idiot. I don't want to be a jerk towards Onew hyung but seeing how his face turned to a deep shade of red from anger, I couldn't deny the fact that it amuses me seeing him like that. "Come on, hyung. Don't act so surprised. You already heard us last night, didn't you?"
 
"Why are you doing this, Jonghyun?" he said through clenched teeth, frustration clear in his voice . "You have a girlfriend, have you already forgotten about her? Kim Gwiboon?" His words made me laugh a little bit. Did he even think of that fact before he went after her? Before he took my girlfriend away from me? Just before I could even say anything Key came back out of the bathroom. 
 
"What's going on here?" he asked, coming to my side and looked if Onew hyung did something to me. Maybe it was just an illusion but the feeling of his hand on my face definitely sent an electric shock throughout my whole body. Okay, Jonghyun. Calm down, it's nothing to be hyped about. Key's hands are probably just cold and that's what you felt, nothing else.
 
"Key, you're not going anywhere with Jonghyun," Onew hyung said. "You're going to stay here at home. Do you hear me?"
 
"Why would I do that?" Key retorted back, as he stood in front of me. "You're not one to boss me around Onew. You don't have right to tell me what I should and shouldn't do because who the hell are you anyway? I can do whatever the I want and there's nothing you can do to stop me." He grabbed my arm and pulled me towards the door when Onew hyung blocked our way, his eyes burning with rage.
 
"You will do as I say and that's final, Kibum." The sound of his voice screamed 'Authority', sending shivers down my spine and the hairs on my nape standing on its ends and I knew that things are really getting out of hand now. This isn't exactly part of the plan. It's been so long since the last time I've seen Onew hyung like this. He rarely uses that voice to any of us and hearing it after so long, I can only cringe.
 
"You are not to control me, Jinki." Key stepped forward until he's face to face with Onew hyung. With just the sound of his voice I can tell that he was seething mad. Damn, he really is the only one who can go up against him. "I will do whatever I want because this is my life, not yours. So why don't you just go over to Gwiboon instead of wasting my time with your nonsense?" He didn't even let Onew hyung say anything back when he dragged me towards the door and outside their apartment. I didn't think that the atmosphere inside was so tense and heavy that a relieved sigh escape my lips as soon as we got out. 
 
Key dragged me through the parking lot all the way to my car without saying anything and when he stopped, I could hear him huffing and even though I was standing behind him I could see him trying not to cry. I knew that it must've been hard for him to go up against Onew hyung - to stand firm and actually defy the eldest of our group let alone the guy he's in love with - so I knew the least I can do is to let him calm down. "So I guess you two have been trying not to bite each other's head off since last night?" I said moments later and only earned a death glare from him. Definitely pissed off. "Sorry."
 
When he finally calmed down, the two of us got inside the car and drove off. The drive towards the mall was silent except for the occasional comments - correction, insults - Key made about random things and people he saw on the street. "Oh my god, what the hell is that girl thinking? Chequered shirt with a striped sweater and neon orange rain boots? She looks like a ing fashion terrorist," he said towards a girl walking on the sidewalk with her dog. "What school does that go to? ing clown school? Blue eyeshadow, too much rouge on her cheeks and blood red lipstick? She looks like a cheap e luring customers on broad daylight. Doesn't she have a mirror at home?" he said towards another girl when we passed by a supermarket. And to be honest, he was beginning to get on my nerves.
 
I know he was only venting his anger out but it becoming too much that I had to stop my car aside and face him. "Will you stop?" I told him, not hiding the annoyance in my voice. "Those people aren't doing anything to you - hell, they don't even know who you are - so stop throwing insults them.
 
He turned his head and stared at me, his brows raised. "Oh, I'm sorry, Jonghyun," he began sarcastically and I think I've just made it to his hate-list. "I didn't mean to be such a towards them. You want me to go and apologize? Fine, I will." He began unbuckling his seatbelt and opened the car door, leaving me stunned and confused inside the car. He was already at least a block away from where I was when I resigned and decided to follow him. I wasn't trying to upset him even more or anything, I just didn't want him to include innocent people in venting out his anger towards Onew hyung. It's just not fair to those people.
 
"Key, wait!" I called but he kept walking. I ran and caught up to him, pulling him back. "Look, I'm sorry, okay? I didn't mean anything with that. It's just that those people are innocent and well... you're, I don't know, judging - insulting - them when they're complete strangers and are completely innocent," I reasoned out, hoping that even though I already somehow pissed him off he wouldn't direct his anger out on me. He was looking somewhere else other than me, biting his bottom lip and I knew that he's really thinking about what I just said. 
 
"Come on, young man," a passer by said and I looked only to find a rather large crowd surrounding and looking at us. "You're boyfriend's apologizing to you, forgive him already." 
 
To be honest I really didn't expect such a large crowd to gather around us and the longer we stay the more people were coming to see what was going on and well, it's a situation where Key won't be able to reject me when there are probably hundreds of pairs of eyes currently watching us. It was actually kind of funny how these people think that we're really in a relationship where in truth it's just a pretend that I suggested to help out a friend. 
 
And there are just things I've seen on TV that I've been wanting to try. "Yeah, Key," I told him as I took hold both of his hands and kneeled, looking up at him with puppy eyes that I know he hates/loves so much. "Forgive me, please?" I could hear our slightly large audience whispering 'How sweet', 'I'm so jealous', and 'I need a boyfriend like him' and I knew that it won't be much long until Key finally gives in. He looked around us carefully, his cheeks turning into a deep shade of pink - probably due to embarrassment - closed his eyes and then sighed. 
 
"Fine, I forgive you," he said through gritted teeth, his voice loud enough for me to hear but I know that our audience also heard it. "Now get up, will you? You're embarrassing me." 
 
"Aww, that's so cute!" the female students nearby squealed and whistles erupted from the crowd. The blush on Key's face deepened in colour as he smiled at me, the look in his eyes telling me that he wanted to go. And without another word, he bowed lightly towards our audience and left me standing there as he made his way towards the car still hiding his face from everyone. As thanks, I gave everyone two thumbs up for helping me out. I jogged towards the car and as soon as I was revving the engine and we're back on the road, Key and I burst out laughing. 
 
I looked beside him briefly and found him fanning himself with his hand. "Oh my God," he said. "I can't believe that really happened." 
 
"I know, right? It was epic. I should've asked someone to record for me so I can watch it whenever I'm bored at home."
 
He slapped my thigh and everything was back to normal between us.
 
 
ONEW
 
Argh! Why is Key being so stubborn? Why can’t he just listen to me? He’s the one who’s gonna get hurt in the end if he keep this up. Doesn’t he know that? And Jonghyun, he knows very well that Key is very sensitive to his feelings so why he doing this to him? , , ! Why is everything so ing complicated? What will happen if Gwiboon finds out Key and Jonghyun?

Does God hate me that now he’s giving me all these problems? What did I even do in the first place to deserve this kind of punishment? I’m pretty Gwiboon will be so mad about what her boyfriend is doing.


brr brr


To: Chicken Rabbit

From: Gwiboonnie <3

Hey, Jinks! Wanna accompany me to the mall?

I’m already bored here so I wondering if you wan to…

I’m at the food court by the way, just letting you know…

Love, Boon <3



Gwiboon’s at the mall? That’s where Key and Jonghyun are going today aren’t they? ! I have to prevent them from seeing each other. I quickly went to the shower, hurriedly washing myself. After that, I randomly picked out any clothing within arms reach, putting it on and running for the door slipping on my shoes on my to the elevator. Just as I was near my car that I forgot that I don’t have my car keys with me. Letting out a grunt of frustration, I raced back to my apartment, not caring if I bumped onto other people that were walking by.

Once I got my car key, I didn’t waste any time running back to my car. Again, I bumped onto other people but this time receiving obscene language from them, some even pointed their middle finger at me. them! I have more important things to be worried about not those people! It’s like today isn’t my lucky day. Cars are everywhere, all of them stuck on their places and only moving by an inch. When I looked at the clock on my dashboard, the time read quarter past twelve. Key and Jonghyun are probably at the mall by now, I have to hurry or else Gwiboon will see them.

After more than half an hour, I finally arrived at the mall still frustrated about the stupid traffic jam. Apparently, someone bumped into someone else’s car, denting it. Who the would have a fist fight in the middle of the road? Idiots. I got inside the mall and frantically looked around, hoping to see Gwiboon but to no avail I couldn’t see her. As if they have a life of their own, my hand reached out to my pocket and pulled out my phone to call Gwiboon.

ring ring ring

"Come on, Gwiboon. Answer your phone." I kept walking around the mall, towards the food court where she told me she will be but still no sign of her. Up and down, left and right, I looked around for her hoping that I wasn’t too late. When I caught sight a brunette standing just in front a clothing store, I knew I found her. I walked closer to her, calling her name but she didn’t turned around. A few more steps to her then I saw that I was too late.
 

 
that's chapter 6 for you guys!! till my next update!!
 
-immaLocket029