Chapter 3

Complicated Love
ONEW

It was one of those days where Gwiboon and I would meet up, hang out and have fun. Those days where we could feel ourselves relaxed and at ease. It;s funny how we both have so much in common to the point it becomes scary though it's probably one of the reasons why we got along really well for just a short amount of time, the reason why we could talk for a whole day and never get bored. The reason why we like being with each other. Be with each other? That sounded like we're a couple or something. But it's true, though. Because if it isn't then how come we keep wanting too see each other? How come we keep wanting to feel each other's presence and like each other's company?

Oh, who am I kidding? Gwiboon's just hanging out with me because she's bored. But if she's bored then why won't she just hang out with Jonghyun then instead me? Ugh! This is frustrating! I'm so confused. Why do I keep letting my hopes up when I know there's no chance for her to be mine? And why does she keep sending these weird signals as if she liked me back?

"...ew" That's it! I have to find a way if she really does have feelings for me and I'm not just imagining them! Is someone calling me? Probably not.

"...new" But how? I have to at least make it casual or random or else he'll think of me as a creepy weirdo. I swear someone is calling me. Oh well, I have think about a plan.

"ONEW!!" A voice shouted at me, now completely disturbing my thoughts. Oh great, now I have to rethink my plan again.

I looked around trying to find who was calling me and then I saw her standing right in front of me. Just looking at her automatically brought a smile to my face. Her brows were slightly raised, and I can't help but chuckle at her. She just looked so adorable.

"Yah! What's so funny?" she asked as she took a sit across from mine. This is one of the reason why we both love coming to our meeting place. The coffee shop just look so cozy and inviting that we always hang out here, especially at the patio where Gwiboon and I could sit and just take in the fresh air.
 
"Nothing," I told her, trying to be as casual as possible. "I just, uh, remembered something, that's all. You're late, by the way. I've been waiting here for almost ten minutes." I wasn't trying to make her feel bad for being late or anything. In fact, I was actually glad that she was little late, giving me time to think for a little about what's really going on between us.
 
"You're acting really weird today, oppa..." she said as her beautiful eyes narrowed at me. Even if she's happy or mad, every time I look at those mesmerizing orbs I always feel myself getting lost in them as if I were being hypnotized each time. 
 
"Yah! Lee Jinki! Are you even listening to me?!" she yelled, snapping her fingers in front of my face. What? Was she saying something to me? Oh, no. Why do I keep spacing spacing out?

"W-what? Of... Of c-course!!" Stuttering? Thanks a lot.

"Oh yeah? Then what was I talking about?" she challenged me as she leaned forward, her elbows on top of the small table between us with her chin resting at the back of her hands, batting her long lashes at me.
 
"You were, uh, talking about something, that's for sure," I began, racking up my brain something hoping that I can get myself out of this. But unfortunately, there was nothing that I could think of. "I give up, Gwiboonie. I have no clue what you were talking about, I'm sorry. Can you repeat it again?" I can only smile at her, wishing that it would get me off the hook.
 
Again, her eyes narrowed at me. "I said do you want to go watch a movie with me after this?" She leaned back and sipped on her coffee that I already bought before she came.

A movie with Gwiboon? Is she asking me out on a date? For real? Oh shut it, Onew! She already thinks you're acting weird. you do not want to make it worse, do you? "Sure! A movie sounds great! Do you want to go now?" I answered.

"Yep! I heard this new movie that came out just a few says ago and I’ve been wanting to see it. And! It's not a chick flick so you don't have to worry about seeing something cheesy or mushy or anything like that." Then she flashed me that gorgeous smile of hers that always takes my breath away, showing her dimples and her eyes turning into small crescents.

"Let's go then!" I stood up as I stretched out my hand to her, waiting for her to take it. When I felt her hand on mine, my smile grew even bigger. It's like our hands are made up to mould against each other, made to fit one another.

As we walked to the theatre, our hands still entwined making us look like a couple walking down the streets on our 'date', I felt as though that she and I have been doing this for so long. It feels good to hold her hand like this while walking. I just wish we could do this everyday and each day, we'd walk around wherever our feet could take us. I don't care wherever we go as long as her hand is in mine and she's here beside me. As long as she's with me, I'll take on whatever comes to me and go through the windy roads and the consequences that await ahead me. Because the love of my life is right here beside me and that's all that matters.

I turned my head to look at Gwiboon and found her looking ahead, a smile still plastered on her face. She then looked at me and asked, "Is there something on my face?" She brought her other hand up on her face, and checked, wiping both of her cheeks.

"No, nothing's on your face," I assured her. She eyed me suspiciously but then decided to let it go and resumed looking ahead of the street.

Somehow, I have this feeling inside of me that today isn't going to be just any ordinary day for us. That today, something special will happen.

After walking for almost fifteen minutes, we arrived at the theatre and went in line to buy our tickets. As we wait for our turn, Gwiboon decided to buy our popcorn and drinks. I got our tickets a couple of minutes later of waiting and Gwiboon came back with a large drink, a large bag of buttery popcorn and a small bag of M&Ms. Cute. But then I noticed that there's only one of each.

"Uh, where's mine?" I asked.
 
"We're going to share," she said simply, still with that smile on her face. "What, do you honestly think that I can finish all of these? Besides, this is cheaper than buying two sets of the regular ones, you know? And don't worry, I brought two straws with me." She handed me the drink and stuck the straws into the small hole on the lid while I put the small packet of chocolate in my back pocket. "Do you have the tickets?" she asked and I nodded. "Let's go then." She took my free hand and we made way towards our designated auditorium. 

The movie was good, although there were a lot of gore scenes. I didn't know Gwiboon was into these kinds of movies. Huh, a new discovery for me I guess. During the whole movie, Gwiboon was leaning her head against my right shoulder, my right arm draped on the back rest behind her. Every once in a while she would feed me a popcorn along with the smile that I love the most. To be honest, I was a bit caught off guard with how 'intimate' we were being. It felt that as much as I was liking it, I knew that it was wrong. 

When the movie ended, we decided to take a walk around the nearby mall. Sitting on movie theatre for more than two hours made our muscles a little stiff. As usual, being inside the mall she would go inside stores looking if there was something she can buy while I was being dragged along. Because we've been going inside stores, I lost interest of where we're going until I began hearing different animals sounds that I realized she dragged me inside a pet store. She let go of my hand and quickly ran to a part of the store where newborn puppies were being taken care of by a staff. There was only a fence separating the customers and the puppies and I guess she couldn't help but squeal like a little kid. When the staff looked at her, she asked her if she wanted to hold one of the puppies and of course, she immediately nodded, her dark curls bouncing up and down.

When the puppy was given to her, she cradled it as if it was her baby, gently rocking from side to side. I walked closer to her and noticed that the little bundle of fur was sleeping. It looked so peaceful that I can't help but caress the puppy's head a little bit, making it stir in the process but didn't wake up. She played with the other very energetic puppies, her laugh ringing in my ears. After playing with the other animals that were allowed to be pet, we decided to go somewhere to eat. The restaurant wasn't as crowded as we thought since it was already past lunch time. The atmosphere was cozy enough that even silence isn't suffocating.

We went to sit at the far corner of the restaurant which, according to Gwiboon, seemed to have the most privacy compared to the rest of restaurant. She sat across from me and she opened to speak but closed it again as if she doesn't know how to start what she was going to say.

"Hey, if you're going to say something, say it already. I'm not going to bite you, you know," I told her. It's not usual for her to hesitate in saying something. She's blunt and straightforward but not as much as Key. Key? How did I end up thinking of him, even more comparing him to Gwiboon?

I looked at her and saw that she was biting the right corner of her lower lip. She still seems to be processing the words that she wanted to say to me, making her look like a kid stuck in a math problem. "O-oppa..." she began. It must be serious and she must be really nervous that she even stuttered. "I... Never mind. You know what, I'll just tell you about it later." There was a forced smile on her face that I began to wonder what it was that's making her short for words. Now I'm even more curious with what's been bothering her.

"Okay, but just make sure that you'll tell me what it is, alright? You know you can tell me everything," I assured her. Of course she can tell me anything especially if it's something I can help her with. It can be an insult or a compliment I really couldn't care less. That's how Gwiboon and I based our friendship, through our communication. We both promised not to hesitate to tell something to the other especially if the other is the only who can help.
 
Without us knowing, it was already dark outside and the city was illuminated by street lamps, bustling cars, and lights from stores lined up on the street. People are on their way back to their homes, back to their families and loved ones after a long day of hard work and some of the stores closing down for the day. Since it was getting late and as a gentleman, I walked Gwiboon back to her apartment. Ever since we were at the restaurant, she's been acting weird and somewhat fidgety as if she's been waiting for the right time to tell me something important and in front of her apartment building, I finally urged what she's been dying to say. "Okay, come on spill it, Gwiboon. What is it that you've been trying to tell me? You've been putting it off for hours already just say it."
 
She and I stood face to face in front of her apartment building and I could see her trying to calm herself down and even out her breathing. After what seemed like an eternity of silence between she finally opened and said, "Oppa... do you like me?" She was looking at me straight in the eyes and even though the light coming from the lamppost was just above us there was something in her eyes that was that I couldn't figure out.
 
Did she just asked me if I like her? Why is she suddenly asking me that? What's going on here? Is there something I should know? "Uhh... Of course I do. Why are you asking me that all of a sudden, Gwiboon-ah?" I can't help but feel nervous all of a sudden. My heart was beating rapidly, my palms becoming sweaty and I could feel tiny beads of sweat forming on my forehead. 

"As a friend or as woman?" she asked again, her voice clearer and much more steadier than earlier. 

"A-as..." Should I tell her the truth or not? I mean, we're already here anyway. She's asking me if I like her and I do - I'm in love with her - and to be honest, I really don't see the point if I lie to her.  "Yes, Gwiboon," I began, gathering all the courage I could muster. "I like you not just as a friend but more than that. I... I like you a lot and in fact I'm in love with you. I know very well that I shouldn't be because you're in a relationship with Jonghyun but what can I do? I'm just a person with feelings and apparently have no ability to stop my feelings for you whatsoever. So, if you're going to say that you never want to talk to me again, I completely understand and..." Before I could finish the rest of my confession, I felt something warm on my lips. At the loss of contact then I realized that Gwiboon just kissed me. She freaking kissed me! 

Staring wide eyed at the grinning girl in front of me, I had to ask myself if I am dreaming or not. My dream girl just kissed me, that can't be reality right? I tried to wake myself up but Gwiboon beat me to it by slightly tapping me on the cheek. "Did you just... Did you just kiss me?" Still not believing that it happened, I have to make sure just in case my brain decided to play some ed up trick that itself should know is not funny at all.

Instead of answering, she just leaned in again and pressed our lips together. The kiss was longer this time, no tongues or anything included just the feeling of the softness of our lips together. That kiss then cleared all the questions that had been buzzing like a swarm of bees inside my head all day. When the kiss broke, she was still smiling and even under the street lamp, I could tell the tinge of pink colouring her cheeks.

As if she read my mind, she then said, "I like you, too. And I... I hope that kiss is enough to prove it and for you to believe that no, this is not a dream."

"But why?" I asked her in confusion. "What about Jonghyun?" I am happy, I'm in bliss and I feel like I'm the happiest person in the entire planet but I know that despite the amazing feeling of finding out that Gwiboon also feel the same way about me, I know that I just couldn't overlook the fact that she's still in a relationship with Jonghyun - one of my best friends.

The second she heard me say Jonghyun's name, she immediately looked away and turned her attention somewhere else. "I... I wanted to break up with him but I just don't know..." she mumbled quietly that I had to lean closer to be able to hear it properly although the last part became impossible for me to hear.

"What? Break up with him? Why? Is it because of me? Gwiboon... You can't do that," I told her as if I was scolding her. I paced around the block a little bit trying to process everything that happened just now.

First, she kissed me. Twice! Second, she told me that she likes me. I mean, the same way I feel about her. And third, she just said she'll break up with Jonghyun - my best friend - and it's probably because of me! Just seconds after the kiss, I was in total bliss but when she started talking about breaking up, everything just started mixing up creating a huge mass of confusion in my brain.
 
I saw Gwiboon reach out to me but I just brushed her off. I knew that I probably startled her because of what I said but it was too sudden. As much as I was happy that she and I have mutual feelings, I just don't feel good with the fact that she's going to break up with Jonghyun. I'm honestly guilty because of what I feel towards her, and I already feel worse because of what she's planning to do. 

"Oppa!" she yelled. "Can you just calm down for a bit please?" She stood there with a pleading look on her face and I walked back towards her. I nodded and tried my best to relax since I could feel that my breathing was starting to get heavier. Silence then surrounded us but as much as I wanted to feel relax, the tense atmosphere was making it hard for me to do so. 
 
After a while, Gwiboon finally decided to say something. "Oppa, I wanted to break up with Jjong because I like you but that doesn't mean I no longer have any feelings for him. I mean he's been my boyfriend for almost six years so of course breaking up with him wouldn't be easy. But to be honest, I just don't feel the same way anymore and I know that he feel the same. He and I've been fighting constantly for a while now and all of them ended up with screaming and tears. We... We've been so distant lately because I've spending time with you but I know that it's not really the reason. Even before that, everything was already going downhill between us and I don't think anything will be able fix it. So please, stop worrying and don't think that you're to blame because you're not. Please, oppa?"
 

A/N:

ahhh chapter 3 is done...

and Gwiboon confesses to Onew!!
 
waah... i think the story is going a little bit fast... what do you guys think??
 
please subscribe/comment!!! they will be loved i promise... and they will inspire me to write more so... bye guys!!
 
-immaLocket029