Chapter 4

Complicated Love
ONEW

"Oppa, I wanted to break up with Jjong because I like you but that doesn't mean I no longer have any feelings for him. I mean he's been my boyfriend for almost six years so of course breaking up with him wouldn't be easy. But to be honest, I just don't feel the same way anymore and I know that he feel the same. He and I've been fighting constantly for a while now and all of them ended up with screaming and tears. We... We've been so distant lately because I've spending time with you but I know that it's not really the reason. Even before that, everything was already going downhill between us and I don't think anything will be able fix it. So please, stop worrying and don't think that you're to blame because you're not. Please, oppa?"

Her words kept replaying in my mind like a broken record. The way she said them was like haunting and mocking me at the same time. That confession was supposed to make me feel happy - and it still did - but I couldn’t help but feel anxious about Jonghyun. It’s been so long since I last talked to him and once he finds out that his girlfriend broke up with him because of me he probably would never talk to me ever again.
 
For hours, I was just sitting in the living room waiting for sleep to finally creep on me. "Gwiboon likes me," I said to myself. I kept repeating it until a smile formed on my face and I was feeling giddy and tingly all over my body. When I looked up at the clock it was already almost three in the morning and usually by that time I would be in dreamland, dreaming about me and Gwiboon living happily together after in some quiet place where it was just the two of us after crying pathetically for hours. I was finally starting to get sleepy when I heard noises by the door. At first I thought it was our very inconsiderate neighbour living across from our apartment but when I heard the door's lock beeping and footsteps padding against the wooden floor, I realized it must be Key. 

"Thanks for bringing me home," he said and I was immediately confused.
 
"No prob," a guy replied and I was intrigued to find out who he is. "I don't want anything to happen to my lovely 'boyfriend' now, would I? It's only right that I get you home safe." 
 
Key has a boyfriend? Who? Since when? 

"Well, now you better make sure that you get home safe. We're still both a little tipsy, are you sure you'll be fine driving home all by yourself?" I've never heard Key sound so concerned for someone before other than me. Hearing him talk like that made me wish that I was the one he's talking to instead of that guy. 

"Eh? You're worried about me? That’s so cute!" The other person teased. How come that voice sound so familiar? Do I know him?

"Shut up!" Key exclaimed followed by a short laugh that sounded that he was obviously flirting. "You know what? Just go home, okay? It's really, really late anyway. Call me when you get home."

"Alright, alright. Can I at least get a goodnight kiss from you?" Who is this guy? And just why in the world am I feeling mad for absolutely no reason that he's in a relationship with Key? Calm down, Onew. You can just ask Key later about the guy, you don't have to get carried away. 
 
I was about to get up from the sofa when suddenly, I heard noises that I know for sure was far from whispering or mumbling or anything. They're making out and I can clearly hear them from where I was, their deep breathing reaching my ears. I was frozen in place because of what was happening just steps away from me, hidden only by a corridor that if I walk up just a few steps I would be able to see them. Key's kissing some guy that I may or may not know. Is this the reason why he's been going out late at night? Just to be with this guy? The reason why he's avoiding all of a sudden? Why? Because he doesn't want me to know that he's in a relationship? My mind began to spin with the amount of questions that kept popping up when things turned for the unexpected. 

"N-no, not t-there..." Key moaned and despite my body becoming heavy because of anger, I stood up and took each step with such difficulty every time I hear him make that sound. "S-stop it... Hngh..."

"Your neck's really sensitive, huh?" the mystery man chuckled and continued, "and your collar bone, too... Heh, even that small spot behind your ear."
 
I could feel my body shaking because of anger, my fist clenching tightly that I was sure my knuckles would snap and my nails digging right through my palm. Is this what Key's been doing every night? himself to his new boyfriend? Just what in the world is he thinking? And then when Key finally said the guy's name, I knew it was only a matter of time before I explode. 

"Jjong... S-stop..." Key moaned. Jjong? Kim Jonghyun? What the 's going on here? I took one last step and as I leaned against the corridor and glanced briefly towards their direction, sure enough it really was Kim Jonghyun. His arms were around Key's waist while his arms were around Jonghyun's neck and even through the dim light I could see their foreheads pressed together and their lips brushing against each other. "We can't do it here in the front porch. And besides, I'm still hurting from earlier." 

So Jonghyun's been cheating on Gwiboon with Key? But for how long? Does Gwiboon know about this that's why she's been hanging out with me? Is Key the reason why she wanted to break up with Jjong?

"Sorry about that," Jonghyun apologized. "I should've been gentler to you if I'd known you haven't gotten laid in like forever." And then he leaned away and looked at Key straight in the eyes, brushing Key's face with his thumb. "Ah! How about I'll make it up to you tomorrow by taking you anywhere you want? How's that?" 

"Really?" Key cooed, his hands playing with Jonghyun's hair. "Anywhere I want?" 

"Yeah, anywhere you want." 

"I want to go shopping all day long, is that fine?"

"Of course! It's settled then. We'll go shopping tomorrow." Jonghyun then slightly poked Key's nose making him scrunch up his face.

"Okay. You should go home now it's..." Key looked at his watch and continued, "It's almost 5 and you live pretty far from here."

"Alright, if that would stop you from worrying about me so much. I'll pick you up at 12. We'll go to lunch first and then we'll go shopping."
 
He leaned in and kissed Key before leaving, and I knew I must have made a sound when he looked up and immediately our eyes locked. He smirked at me before leaning in again and whispered something to Key and even though I didn't hear it I was able to read what he said from the way his lips moved. I love you. 
 
Jonghyun turned to leave and even when he was already gone I still couldn't get over of what just happened. When Key turned around and saw me, he was surprised to find me standing there. I was mad - extremely mad that I know for sure if I were holding something I wouldn't be able to stop myself from throwing it towards their direction. He quickly recovered and tried to walk past me, ignoring me even when I called him that my hand reached out to him even gripped his arm. 

"Let go of me, Onew," he hissed. But instead of letting go of him I held his arm tighter.  "Ow! Onew let go of me right now, you're hurting me!"
 
"What's going on between you and Jonghyun?" I asked furiously. I was mad that Key kept something like that from me but I'm even madder that he was with Jonghyun.

"What's it to you? Just leave me the alone!" he yelled.

How can I leave him alone when he's sneaking around with Jonghyun? And Jonghyun, how dare he cheat on Gwiboon when they are still in a relationship?

 
"How long has this been going on Key?" I asked, looking straight into his eyes. His eyes are almost glassy and cold, almost the same as those eyes you would see on expensive porcelain dolls. With his eyes like that, he did look like a doll, a cold-hearted looking doll. "You know that Jonghyun's with Gwiboon so how could you be in a relationship with him?"
  
"What the ?" Just like Jonghyun, Key also smirked at me but the way his eyes looked at me I can tell that he was also mad at me. "Who are you to tell me that, huh? Weren't you the same with Gwiboon? You two kept sneaking behind Jonghyun and now you're acting like this because I'm in a relationship with him? If you and Gwiboon hadn’t been spending so much time together, Jonghyun wouldn’t be feeling heartbroken. She wouldn’t leave her boyfriend just to be with her boyfriend’s best friend! From the start, I already told you to get back to your senses and just forget about your goddamn feelings for her because she’s already taken. But what did you do? You still went after her like a ing lost puppy and now she and Jonghyun are breaking up. If they’re relationship was still perfect, none of this would’ve happen. But thanks to you and you stubbornness, Jonghyun got hurt. Now that he’s trying to be happy with me, you’re acting all righteous by rubbing it on my face that I'm dating someone who's already with someone else - that what I'm doing is wrong  - when this whole time you're doing the exact thing?" 
 
As soon as the words left his mouth, I couldn't deny the pain I felt because as much as I didn't want to admit it I knew that he was right. My grip on him loosened and he was able to get his arm away from me. I looked down at the floor not wanting to meet his eyes, regretting all the while why did I even let myself get carried away. If I hadn't been trying to gain Gwiboon's affection, things would still be fine between her and Jonghyun. The two of them would still be the loving couple that others - including me - envies. But what am I supposed to do? I'm just a fool in love - a fool who's in love with the wrong person at the wrong time. And now that Gwiboon told me that she also feel the same way about me, should I still be happy? When I know that I've hurt someone close to me?

"Why..." I whispered loud enough for him to hear. "Why does it have to be him? It's none of my business, yes, but I want to know why and how all of it started." I looked up at him again and saw that his eyes had softened their gaze.
 
"We saw each other a club, hung out, got drunk to get rid of our frustrations in life and then the next thing we know he and I are in a relationship. It's not that hard to get attracted to him, though. I think he was way better than those guys I dated in the past. I can't believe I only realized that. Now that you know, I think we're done here." 
 
He was about to walk towards his room but I still had more to ask. "Since when?" I asked him.
 
"Does it matter, hyung?" he said instead and left me on my own, closing the door of his bedroom with a slam. 
 
So that's what been happening for the past few days - maybe longer. Instead of going to my own room I went back to the couch and tried to calm myself down. I don't feel upset anymore because of what he said but it doesn't mean I'm no longer feeling anything. I feel confused despite his explanation. I feel stunned because of what happened. And to be honest, I was hurting. I could only think about Key being in a relationship with Jonghyun and even Jonghyun's relationship with Gwiboon. When I looked at the clock on the side table, it showed that it was already past six in the morning. I stood up and made my way towards my bedroom, hoping that could at least get some sleep for a while and just forget about everything. 
 
 
KEY
 
After Jjong left, I turned around only to see Onew hyung standing just steps away from the door. Shock instantly came over to me but luckily I composed myself as soon as it came. He saw and heard everything, didn’t he? The kisses and the exchanged words between me and Jjong. Everything is going according to plan perfectly. Good thing Jonghyun whispered to me that Onew hyung was watching us, making everything easier for me to act our little play. I was about to go to my room when he suddenly gripped my forearm in a vice-like grip. The ?
 
"Let go of me, Onew," I hissed, hoping for him to let go because it hurts. There’ll probably be bruise later. Instead of letting go, he gripped me tighter. I know he’s strong compared to his appearance but I didn’t know he was this strong. "Ow! Onew let go of me right now, you're hurting me!"
 
"What's going on between you and Jonghyun?" he asked, obviously mad. The room is dimly lit from the lamp posts outside but I could tell that his eyes are burning with rage.
 
"What's it to you? Just leave me the alone!" I yelled at him, still trying to get myself freed from his grasp.
 
"How long has this been going on Key? You know that Jonghyun's with Gwiboon so how could you be in a relationship with him?" Okay, really? He dares to ask me that? What the he’s been doing for years? He’s the one who’s in love with a girl who’s in a relationship with his ing best friend and thanks to him, they’re about to split up. Now he’s telling me that?
 
"What the ?" I felt angry, stunned, and I just have that strong desire to hit Onew hyung in the face for saying such thing to me. Of all people, he doesn't have the right to tell me not to be in a relationship with someone who's already in a relationship when he's doing the same thing! "Who are you to tell me that, huh? Weren't you the same with Gwiboon? You two kept sneaking behind Jonghyun and now you're acting like this because I'm in a relationship with him? If you and Gwiboon hadn’t been spending so much time together, Jonghyun wouldn’t be feeling heartbroken. She wouldn’t leave her boyfriend just to be with her boyfriend’s best friend! From the start, I already told you to get back to your senses and just forget about your goddamn feelings for her because she’s already taken. But what did you do? You still went after her like a ing lost puppy and now she and Jonghyun are breaking up. If they’re relationship was still perfect, none of this would’ve happen. But thanks to you and you stubbornness, Jonghyun got hurt. Now that he’s trying to be happy with me, you’re acting all righteous by rubbing it on my face that I'm dating someone who's already with someone else - that what I'm doing is wrong - when this whole time you're doing the exact thing?"
 
I finally managed to snatch my forearm from his grip. Ow… My arm hurts and I could feel it throbbing, my blood system once flowing after being restrricted. I rubbed my arm little and winced. Well, . A bruise will definitely be there later. 
 
When I looked at Onew hyung again, he was looking down at the floor silently. I know that my outburst stunned him because I was, too. After not talking for days it felt like everything I wanted to tell him came out pouring nonstop - things that I've been keeping in and things that I'd never thought I'd say to him in such way. 
 
"Why..." he whispered moments later as he looked up again and met my eyes. "Why does it have to be him? It's none of my business, yes, but I want to know why and how did all of it started." How come when he said that, I felt a slight sting in my heart? We were just yelling at each other minutes ago, and now I have that sudden urge to walk closer to him and hug himand to tell him I was sorry for blowing up at him like that. But at the same time I know I can't do that because then everything would fall apart. I have to stay strong and I can't crumble up again now that I'm finally getting up after falling down. 
 
"We saw each other a club, hung out, got drunk to get rid of our frustrations in life and then the next thing we know he and I are in a relationship. It's not that hard to get attracted to him, though. I think he was way better than those guys I dated in the past. I can't believe I only realized that. Now that you know, I think we're done here." 
 
I made my way towards my room and was already in front of my door when I heard him ask again. "Since when?"
 
"Does it matter, hyung?" I replied instead and went inside my room without another glance at him, slamming the door to let him know that I don't to be bothered anymore. 
 
Once inside confines of my room, I locked the door and walked to my own bathroom. On the mirror, I saw my reflection and to be honest, I feel mad at myself. My eyes were slightly red with tears ready to fall and roll down my face. I look so pathetic, crying for practically no reason. It's been days since the last time I cried and now it feels so unbearable. Why am I so weak when it comes to Onew hyung? Why does he have this great effect on me? The wall I've been trying so hard to build would rattle and threaten to crash down on me with just a few words from him, a simple look from him, and if I let it that wall would become gravel at my feet, the pieces mocking and reminding me of weak I am from the very beginning, that I'm not able to stand tall against him and what I feel for him. That I still have a long way ahead of me before I overcome my feelings for him and get rid of the pain he's caused me.
 
brr brr
 
Th feeling of my phone vibrating in my pocket interrupted my thoughts and I was thankful for it. I pulled it out of my pocket and wiped the moisture blurring my eyes letting me see a text message from Jonghyun. 
 
 
To: Key-bummie
From: Jjong-pup

Hey, Key! Just got home and my phone will be out of battery so I thought I'll just text you...
Anyway, pick you up tomorrow (or later, I think?) at lunch then we'll go shopping as you wish...

G'Night, baby! Or should I say good morning? : P
 
–Jjong
 
 
One reason why Jjong is a such great friend: he can manage to put a smile on anyone’s face even when they're sad, mad, frustrated or upset. Ever since we met at the bar, he managed to make me happy, smile and laugh even for just a short amount of time.
 
 
To: Jjong-pup
From: Keyss-me
 
Alright, go to sleep… I’ll try to sleep, too, before we go…
You better bring your CREDIT CARDS cuz I’m gonna max them out…
Ahaha!! Kidding!!
See you later, dinosaur… ^_^
 
-Key
 

 
A/N:
 
ohhh... Onew found out about Key and Jjong...
 
is he really jealous or he's just mad that key kept this from him??
 
chapter 5 will be up and it. WILL. BE. A. JONGKEY. !!!
 
im gonna say sorry in advance because it will be my first time writing so sorry if it ...
 
please subscribe/comment!! ^_^
 
-immaLocket029