I Miss You...

Fallen Angel

 

Chanyeol's P.O.V

Chanyeol sighs heavily while he steps into the silent apartment. He drops his bag down onto the floor while he gets his shoes and jacket off. Another day has passed by, but nothing is new. He goes to school as usual and works whenever he can. He hates being home, he hates being reminded that he has lost something precious and that he might not see that person for a long time.

The apartment is dark, but Chanyeol doesn't mind it. It fits his mood at the moment, so he won't change it. He walks past the living room and kitchen before he heads over to his bedroom where he puts down his bag on his desk. Another sigh escapes his mouth while he closes his eyes: how long is he supposed to wait like this?

 

When are you going to come back...? How long do you want me to wait...?”

 

Chanyeol opens his eyes slowly before he sits down to do his homework. He should study and try to not think too much, that way he will escape the pain he feels. But he knows very well that he can't keep ignoring the reality.

 

***

 

A sudden loud noise makes Chanyeol sit up on his bed while he looks tired around. What is going on? Chanyeol stares at the door opening to find Sehun knocking on the door while smiling weakly. What is he doing here? Oh, that's right, they were supposed to hangout today.

 

Hey sleepy head, how are you doing? Did you go to bed late last night?”
“How did you get inside...? What time is it?”
“Yah, have you already forgotten? Suho forced you give us a spare key to your apartment in case something would happen, remember? By the way, it's already past 12 pm.”

 

Chanyeol sighs while he stares up at the ceiling. He totally forgot about the key, but it's not a surprise that he has slept for so long. He is trying to forget about the reality without abusing alcohol. Sehun walks into the room and sits down on the bed before he dares to open his mouth once again.

 

Hyung... I think it's about time you pull yourself together. I don't want to seem rude, but you can't keep going on like this. You are barely making it through school and we rarely see you. Please hyung, get yourself together. If you're still thinking about him, then you should get yourself together. If he saw you like this, he would be worried to death. Come on, let's do something healthy for once.”
“Like what? Don't tell me that you will drag me to a stupid gym or-”
“That is exactly what I'm going to do. Suho hyung agreed with me as well! It's about time you do something useful! Let's train together, you can get much stronger that way!”
“And what's so good about getting stronger? I won't be able to do anything anyway...”
“You never know until you try! Come on, let's get some good hormones into your body! You know very well that you will feel better if you start training, so don't even try to deny it!”

 

Chanyeol sighs before Sehun gets up of the bed and literally drags Chanyeol up on his feet. It looks like he has no other choice but to do what Sehun says. Until Baekhyun is back, he doesn't seem to have any right to choose whatever he wants to do. Until Baekhyun is back, Chanyeol can only wait and listen to what the others are telling him.

 

***

 

I'm not hungry... I want to go home...”
“Oh come on! Don't say that! We all came all this way to see you!”
“I know that and it's not like I'm ungrateful-”
“But you're not feeling well? Or maybe you didn't sleep well? Are you going to use a new excuse today or are you going with an old one? Let me know when you have decided.”
“Stop it Kai, don't scold him like that. Chanyeol, let's eat something yummy. Come on, it's on Suho! Who would say no to free food?! No one would, not even you!”

 

Chanyeol sighs while Sehun drags him and Kai pushes him from behind. Kyungsoo is walking besides Chanyeol and Suho is walking slightly ahead of them. Why are they doing this to him? He just wanted to go back home after the long training Sehun forced him to go through, but he didn't even get the chance to sneak away before Sehun grabbed him once more.

 

Please, I'm seriously tired and I just want to go home. I'm not in the mood today-”
“When you have trained as hard as you have done today, you need to refill your body with good stuff. When I say good stuff I'm talking about water and food. So, we're going to get you to eat with us even if you don't like it. You don't have any choice this time.”

 

Chanyeol nearly loses his mind here: why are they being so damn persistent? Okay, he might have avoided them for a while and he has been busy with being depressed by himself, but it's not that bad! He has replied their texts, he even forced himself to go to the gym with Sehun today! Why are they going this far just because Chanyeol let himself get carried away for only a moment?

 

We're here! Tonight we will eat a delicious traditional BBQ! Come on, let's get a table!”
“I want pork! I want lots of it! Oh, and some beef as well! Are you listening hyung?”
“Yes Sehun, I'm listening. But I'm not the one who is going to take your order, am I?”

 

Chanyeol gets dragged into the restaurant before Kai pushes him down onto a chair. It looks like none of them are planning to let him go without a fight, with other words he's stuck here until they're satisfied. Chanyeol sighs tired while he scratches the back of his head: why can't he just tell them off? He's too tired to scold them and he's too tired to fight, with other words: he's stuck here.

 

Please order whatever you want, the food is on me. Eat as much as you can, but don't waste anything. My only rule is: let's have a good time. Okay?”
“Yes sir! I would like five bottles of Soju please!”
“Soju? Are you crazy? Yah, don't make Suho pay for your drink! The food is on him!”
“Aish, let him be Kyungsoo. I will pay for it, it's not a problem and you know it. Please, feel free to drink and eat as much as you wish. But don't get drunk.”

 

Suho eyes Sehun who smiles innocently, though everyone knows very well that Sehun is always the one who gets drunks first. It doesn't take long before the food arrives along with the drinks. Chanyeol silently takes a shot with Soju (alcohol) before he grabs something to eat. He's not in the mood to talk, but he admits that he has become hungry while waiting for the food. Besides, if he's going to be stuck here for an hour or two, then he can take his time to eat and drink.

 

***

 

Aish, why are you the one who has to get drunk today? You idiot, don't make me carry you home next time...”
“I'm sorry hyung... But... I want water...”
“Geez, just go to bed already.”

 

Chanyeol nearly throws Sehun down onto the bed before he fetches a water bottle and puts it on the nightstand. Sehun has already passed out and is sleeping peacefully on the bed. Chanyeol feels how a strange feeling washes over him while he watches Sehun: he's looking so innocent and happy. He silently grabs Sehun's blanket and pulls it over his body before he decides to leave.

Chanyeol walks silently towards his apartment while watching the sky. It's not cloudy today, but the lights from the city is hiding the stars. His mind travels through his memories and then everything stops. Chanyeol stops while staring up at the sky: the moon is shining above his head. He can't stop himself from wondering: is he alright?

It takes a while before Chanyeol begins to walk again, but when he's moving again, he tries to not think too much. He hurries to get home to his apartment so he can sleep and ignore the reality once again. He hates to admit it, but it was nice to see his friends after not talking too much with them for a couple of weeks. But now he wants to sleep, he just wants to forget everything. He couldn't get drunk (mostly because everyone else was getting too drunk before him and someone had to take them home), so he will sleep his worries away.

Chanyeol enters the dark apartment and locks the door behind him before he gets further inside. He throws his jacket to the side and kicks off his shoes on his way to the bedroom. He's tired and his body has begun to ache slightly from the harsh training he went through earlier today. Sleeping now will do him just fine. No one will complain, after all it's important to rest after you have worked out.

Chanyeol stumbles into his bedroom and is about to drop his body down onto the bed when his eyes spots something weird. His nightstand lamp is and there is something lying on the bed, on Chanyeol's pillow. That's weird, he doesn't remember leaving the light on and he definitely didn't make the bed earlier today. Why is everything looking so nicely here?

The blood rushes through Chanyeol's body when he realizes what might have happened here. He nearly throws himself down onto the bed while grabbing a small envelope that is lying on his pillow. Is this from who he thinks it is? Chanyeol tries to not tear the envelope open before he pulls out a letter that is written with a gentle and very elegant handwriting.

 

It can't be...”

 

Chanyeol's hands are trembling slightly while he tries to read the letter. He doesn't even get the chance to read the first word without his eyes becoming teary and his heart aching. He can't believe that he's actually holding a letter from him. He gets himself together before he forces himself to stay composed so he can read the letter that is written to him and him only.

Dear Chanyeol

How are you doing? Are you well? Even though I know very well that I won't receive a reply from you, I can't stop myself from asking if you're alright. Have you forgotten me yet? There is not a single day passing by without me thinking about you, even though you're so far away. Are you eating well? Are you sleeping a lot? Are you taking care of yourself properly? There are so many things I'm worrying about and I keep wondering what you're doing. It makes me sad when I think about you, but it also makes it easier to live through another day without you. It sounds cheesy, doesn't it? But that is exactly how I feel.

It was a long time ago since I saw you, even though it only has passed a couple of months. I miss you so much, I couldn't even sleep the first night without you. Please do not worry about me, I'm alright and I'm still healthy. I'm not living as comfortable as I used to do with you, but I'm safe. Though, there are so many things I would like to tell you. I want to see you so badly, but I'm prohibited to leave this place. I'm not being imprisoned, please don't misunderstand. They are only keeping me here because the demons are after me and if they get me, they're scared that they will use me to get you or other humans and angels.

Let me tell you a little about the place I'm staying at! We're currently staying at an old holy temple that (apparently) angels has used to pray. The angel woman who saved me, Aphrodite, told me that angels prays to gain more hope and peace. I went and prayed the other day to try it out, but in the end I only prayed for your safety and to see you soon again. I miss you so much, it really hurts to think about how far away you are from me. I want to go to you and see you as soon as possible, but I fear it will be a while before I see you again.

Did you know that the night sky can be so beautiful outside the city? While I'm writing this, I'm studying the sky. I think of you and I somehow end up thinking about our first meeting. Do you remember? I literally crashed into the snow where you and your friends were skiing. I remember falling from the sky and when I crashed, everything was so cold. I was so scared, but I wasn't alone. You found me and look what that led to. I believe that everything happens for a reason, so meeting you was my fate. (Am I being too cheesy? I'm starting to think so myself...)

It's very beautiful here, but I miss you even more during nights like those. The sky is beautiful and the night is calm, but it only makes me think even more about you. I want to be with you, but I can't. I didn't intend to write this letter to you with my feelings like this, yet I find myself writing one even though I told myself to not do so. Am I being cruel to us both by writing this? Am I making you feel relieved? Are you smiling? Am I putting you in pain? I'm worried that I might hurt your feelings even more through this way, but I do want to assure you that I'm safe.

Me dear, how are you doing? Are you safe? Are you eating properly? I have already asked you this, but I can't stop asking myself this over and over again. I miss you and I hope you miss me. As fast I have news about what is going on and when I can see you, I will send another letter to you. Until then, I will keep looking at my necklace I got and remind myself of our time together.

I love you and I miss

Yours truly, Baekhyun”

Chanyeol feels how tears stream down his cheeks while he sobs silently. Since when did he become such a crybaby? A chuckle escapes his mouth, but his heart is aching even more. If he could write a letter back to Baekhyun, he would have done it right away. But he can't, even though he truly wishes to do so.

 

Baekhyun-ah... I miss you too... Are you feeling well...? Are you eating well...? You never said anything about that in your letter... I'm doing fine, even though it might not look like it. The others miss you as well, though you didn't seem to think about them at all when you wrote the letter. Though, I don't mind if you think about me only. You know that I'm watching over the others, therefor you worry about me more than them. I will wait for you and I won't forget you, so... Come back quickly, okay? I love you.”

 

Chanyeol smiles, though he feels his heart aching. Why must love hurt so much? It's painful to be without the person you love, yet it feels like paradise when they're here. Maybe the pain is needed when it comes to love? Without the pain, we won't know what pleasure and happiness is. But it hurts too much.

 

I miss you... I love you...”

 

Baekhyun's P.O.V

Baekhyun stares at the stars in the sky and sighs. It's beautiful, but his heart is aching. Isn't there anything he can do? He wishes there was something he could do, even if it is something as ridiculous as praying. Maybe he should go and pray once again in hope that something will change? On the other hand, someone might hear his prayers and scold him.

 

Young angel, what are you doing out here all alone? Aren't you feeling cold in your human form? Should I bring you a blanket?”

 

Baekhyun looks up at Aphrodite who is smiling gently at him. She has been taking well care of him since they came here, even though she's a very busy angel. She protects the newcomers, but she's also in charge of many other tasks. Baekhyun thinks it's weird that she has enough time to come and check upon him like this.

 

I'm alright Aphrodite, I'm just watching the sky.”
“It is beautiful, isn't it? You don't see this in the cities which is a shame.”
“Mm, it is a shame. Though, I think this is one of the charms of the nature. In the dark there is something beautiful to light up the sky.”
“Baekhyun-ah, are you perhaps...? It was nothing, it's out of my place to ask anything like that anyway. Please don't stay out here for too long, you might become cold and sick.”
“Ma'am... I mean Aphrodite... How long will it take before this is over? Have we managed to get in contact with Father yet?”
“You are asking me that even though you already know the answer? If we had gotten in contact with him again, then I would be busy with evacuating you back home.”
“I... I would not go back home right away... I... I have unfinished business here on Earth.”
“I know that, but Father wouldn't risk you getting hurt. You are important to him, so please go back home when I tell you to go.”
“I won't go until I'm done. Father would understand and he wouldn't stop me. He always told me: Always follow your heart, that is your path. Right now my heart is telling me to not leave Earth until I know that everything is back in order.”

 

Aphrodite sighs silently, but she seems to understand that she can't convince Baekhyun to do as she says. Baekhyun curls together on the ground and gets back to watching the stars. Right now, his heart is set on seeing Chanyeol. As fast he has become stronger, he will go back to him. That's right, he will start training in hope that he can become a guardian. If he can defeat any demon that comes in his way, then he can see Chanyeol.

 

I heard that you will start training as a guardian... Is it true? Are you really going to do that? Do you know how long time it will take for you to become stronger?”
“I don't care how long it takes, as long I do something I'm happy. I have already made up my mind, so you don't even have to try to stop me.”
“You seem to think that I only want to stop you Baekhyun. I'm not trying to stop you from living, I'm just watching over you so you won't get hurt. Like I told you, Father treasures you dearly and if something happened to you, he would be heartbroken.”
“Father has actually been like a real father to me, but... But he would understand why I wouldn't come back right away. I will see him, just not right away.”
“If this is what you really want, then I won't complain. But you have to promise me to not do anything reckless. I'm still your guardian and I promised to protect you until you're back home. If something would happen to you, I won't be able to face Father.”
“I don't understand... Why are you so obsessed with protecting me more than the others? You keep saying all those things, but I have never heard you say anything like it to the others. I get the feeling that you're hiding something from me or that you're treating me differently from the others. Am I wrong Aphrodite?”

 

Baekhyun looks up at the beautiful woman who is busy with staring down at the ground. She stays silent for a long time which makes things even clearer to him. Father must have told her to protect him, no matter what the cost is. That's why she searched for him and tried so hard to make him come with her. But... Why would Father ask her to protect Baekhyun more than the others?

 

I cannot speak any further about this Baekhyun, I don't think I should. But fear not, I'm not hiding anything that will hurt you. Go on with your training and get stronger, it will help you in the future as well. Now, I have to go. Please don't stay outside for too long.”
“Aphrodite, wait! I won't be able to trust you if you keep too many secrets. It makes me feel uneasy and I don't know what you're saying is true. I want to trust you and you have helped me out more than enough, but things like those shakes my trust towards you. If Father is involved, then you can tell me.”
“I'm sorry, but I think you should keep doing what you were before. Until I'm ready to tell you what is going on, I want you to focus on your training. If you're going to train to become a guardian, then don't do it halfheartedly. Okay?”

 

Baekhyun hesitates before he nods slightly. He doesn't like it how Aphrodite is avoiding the topic, but he can't do anything about it. He only watches her walk back inside the temple and then he's alone again. Baekhyun sighs silently while he looks back up at the sky. Are you alright Chanyeol? Are you safe? I hope you got my letter. I miss you... I will see you soon again, I promise. I won't let the months pass by too fast. I will work hard to see you soon again, so please wait just a little longer for me.

 

Chanyeol's P.O.V

Hey! You're actually here! We didn't think you would actually show up.”
“Of course I would show up when you said I had too!”

 

Chanyeol nearly whines like a child while both Kyungsoo and Kai pushes him towards the entrance to Suho's house. He didn't want to come here, not yet. He doesn't mind seeing Suho and the others, don't misunderstand the situation. Chanyeol just doesn't want to be at the place where he saw Baekhyun last and spent so much time with him. Being at home is hard enough as it is, so coming here only makes him feel even more anxious.

 

Stop whining Chanyeol and get moving! We don't want to waste time out here!”
“Yeah, let's go inside already! Suho's family aren't home and Sehun is already here.”
“Why are you in such a hurry? I don't want to get pushed around like this!”
“Sorry, not sorry! We don't have time for this! We got something you probably want to see!”
“What is it? Can't you guys see that I'm not in the mood right now?”

 

Kyungsoo pushes Chanyeol up the stairs before Kai nearly tackles Chanyeol into the house. It doesn't matter how much Chanyeol resists, they won't let him go. As fast they step inside, they meet a smiling Suho and a laughing Sehun. They both have been waiting patiently for them to get inside, but why? What is so damn important that they literally have to drag him all the way over here?

 

I don't want to seem rude, but... What the hell is going on? What do you want?”
“Yah, is that the way you should greet your hyung? Show some respect!”
“It's alright Kyungsoo, I don't mind. I understand your annoyance Chanyeol, but I think you will change your mind when you see this.”

 

Suho is fast to pick out a small envelope from his pocket which makes Chanyeol's whole body freeze. Is that what he thinks it is? No, it can't be... Why would Suho receive it here if it is what he wants it to be? Sehun suddenly holds out another envelope and smirks widely.

 

You can never guess who sent this to you, even though it ended up at my place.”
“Two letters... Y-You got two letters?”
“It's signed for you, so we didn't open them. Though, it's not very hard to guess who sent them since they were in the room out of nowhere.”

 

Chanyeol nearly sprints over to Suho and Sehun before he snatches the envelopes out of their hands. He is about to open them both, but then he stops. Does he really want to read them in front of the others? They don't know that he has already gotten two other letters from Baekhyun, though the second one was rather short and it came four months ago. Wait, why did the letters end up at Suho's and Sehun's house if they were signed to Chanyeol?

 

Aren't you going to open them? I thought you would tear it all apart the moment-”
“Are you sure that those are from...? I mean... It's not a trap, is it?”
“A trap? Why would it be a trap?”
“I... I will open then... Later.”
“Hey, let us read them too! We were the ones who got them, so we should at least be able to read them as well! It's not fair-”
“Sehun, stop screaming. The letters are to Chanyeol and not for you or me. If he doesn't want us to read them or hear, then we should respect that. It might be something he wants to keep to himself. You understand, don't you?”

 

Sehun is about to protest, but then he falls silent. Chanyeol is glad that they decided to stop the conversation there, because right now he's not in the mood to argue. Right now he only wants to think about the letters and wait until he gets back home.

 

***

 

Chanyeol slowly sits down onto his bed before he lets out a small sigh. Why is he feeling so anxious and nervous? It's almost like he's expecting bad news. Well, he can understand why he's feeling like this. He hasn't heard from Baekhyun for four months now and the last letter was a simple greeting and a lot of words saying Baekhyun misses him and that he's still worrying about Chanyeol.

Which reminds Chanyeol, he got two letters from Baekhyun and then Suho and Sehun handles him another two. Why did they go to Sehun and Suho? There are so many questions running around Chanyeol's head, but he can't stop his hands from grabbing the envelopes to open them. He can't wait anymore, he just wants to open the letters and see what Baekhyun has written to him.

Chanyeol opens the first letter which is the one Sehun got. He quickly gets the letter out and takes a deep breath. The handwriting is Baekhyun's, Chanyeol can tell by looking at a single letter. Then, is the letter he got from Suho a fake? Who would send him a fake letter? Chanyeol tries to focus on one letter at the time and begins to read the beautiful written words in front of him.

Dear Chanyeol

It has passed a couple of months since I wrote to you, even though I promised myself to write one letter each month for you. I did write them, but I never sent them. I'm sorry for not sending them to you, but I didn't want to put anyone in danger by doing so. I hope you understand that and won't get too disappointed at me.

How are you? Are you well? Do you still miss me? I'm really curious, but also slightly anxious. Do you still think about me? Am I causing your heart to ache by writing this letter to you? I hesitate to send this letter as well, but I think I will send it. I might send it later, in a couple of days or weeks, but I will definitely send this one to you. I miss you...

I want to give you a small update on my daily life here! Honestly, I'm learning how to become a guardian at the moment. I want to be able to defeat demons so I can see you. I have been training really hard just for you, so please hold out a little longer! I will see you soon, I promise! Though, there is something that is bothering me. Will you listen to my worries? I feel quite silly while writing this, but please hear me out.

Do you still remember the beautiful angel who saved me and helped us? Her name is Aphrodite (I can't remember if I told you her name earlier or not, so I told you that now). At first I trusted her with my life, but lately she has been slightly suspicious. She's treating me differently from the other angels, though not in a bad way! She's jut being overprotective and tries to make me stop becoming a guardian. I think it's strange and when I asked her about it, she refused to tell me the reason to why she's treating me differently. She didn't deny what I said, so I must be right!

Anyway, I don't want to talk about that. I will keep working hard so I can see you soon again. Until then, please lend my your strength! Wow, that was really childish to say, wasn't it? Almost a little cheesy if you ask me. Either way, I hope you're doing well. How are the others? I will write separate letters for them as well, so please do not worry! I haven't forgotten about them and it's impossible for me to forget you.

Chanyeol, there is something I would like to tell you before I end this letter. Aphrodite keeps telling me that Father (that almighty guy I told you about) is recovering and that soon the gate back to Heaven will open up. She wants to bring me back home as fast as possible, which means that she will try to force me to go back home without seeing you. Do not worry, I won't leave Earth until I have seen you again! We made a promise, do you remember? I will not leave Earth without a fight!

Dearest Chanyeol, my love and hope, I miss you so much. Please be well and take care of yourself. You're watching over the others for me, right? Please keep doing so for me. I miss you every day and I will keep missing you until I see you. Please think about me, but not to the extent where your heart is ready to burst.

I love you. Your one and only

Baekhyun.”

Once again Baekhyun has left a wonderful letter filled with sweet words, but also his worries. Chanyeol wonders if Baekhyun is really doing as well as he's saying. That Aphrodite sounds like a troublemaker, but in a weird way. It does sound like Baekhyun wants to defend her, but at the same time he wants to say that she's trying to stop him from doing what he wants to do.

Chanyeol sighs slightly before he picks up the second letter. He stares at it for a long time before he opens the envelope and pulls out the well written paper. It's also Baekhyun's handwriting on this letter as well which means it's also a letter from Baekhyun. Chanyeol clears his mind before he begins to read the next letter.

Dearest Chanyeol

How are you? Are you doing well? Are you sleeping a lot? Are you eating healthy? I sound like a mother, don't I? This is my twelfth letter to you, though I have only managed to send two this far. I have a third for you, though I don't know if I should send it or not. Either way, if I'm sending this one, I will send the other one as well! Else, this letter won't make much sense to you.

Chanyeol, this time I'm writing to you because I have important news for you. We have finally been able to contact Father, though the messages are not very clear. It sounds like Father is almost fully recovered and he will open the gate to Heaven shortly. Soon Earth will be filled with warriors who will send home the demons and protect the humans. Soon I... I have to go home.

Though, I have made up my mind to come and see you! Nearly a year has passed since I saw you last and I can't stay here for much longer. I want to see you so badly, I want to die as much as I miss you. I have been training really hard and I think I will be more than capable of protecting myself and if I can protect myself, I'm sure that I can protect you as well. My teacher has told me that my skills are far better than what he expected them to be. He said that I'm naturally talented and that I'm probably ready for a real battle if it's needed.

Chanyeol, I have made up my mind. I'm going to leave this place and go to see you. Aphrodite have no other reason or excuse to keep me here anymore. I can protect myself, I'm not putting you in danger and soon the gate will be opening. I will see you, no matter what she's saying. It won't take long before I see you (and the others) again. I will try my best to convince Aphrodite to let me leave (peacefully) without me forcing her to let me leave. Wish me luck!

I planned to write a much longer letter to you at first, but after making up my mind, I will leave it this short. I miss you and I will see you soon. If I don't arrive within a month or two, then you can assume that either I'm trapped here or something might have happened on the way. Do not worry, I will be careful and come to you. I will see you no matter what.

I will see you soon, my love. Your one and only

Baekhyun”

 

 


Ayo guys! Wazzup? ^.^

I know it has been a while since I update this fiction (and I'm very sorry for that), but I have a reason to why! I literally had no inspiration for this fiction, I was totally stuck and couldn't write a single word! I hope you forgive me, I will try to update it faster this time! ^.^

I hope you guys enjoyed the chapter and that you will keep supporting me! I love you guys a lot and I hope you will keep reading! If you like what you read, leave an upvote or share the story with a friend! By the way, feel free to leave a comment as well! ^.^

Peace and love to you! <3