Close Call

Fallen Angel

Chapter 14

Close Call

Chanyeol's P.O.V

Forgive me... Baekhyun... Please... forgive me...”

 

Chanyeol cried and buried his face against Baekhyun's stomach. He can feel his eyes get filled with tears again as he just cried his pain out. He feels so hurt because he has hurt Baekhyun. It's all his fault... And all he wants is to fix the mess he created.

Suddenly out of nowhere they heard how the window get forced open. Everyone sat up fast as they thought Baekhyun was going to be saved, but they were wrong. As fast they all stared up at the window, they watched the evil smirking man jump down on the floor that almost shook from the suddenly jump.

 

Well, well, well, I see our dear traitor did a good job weakening the angel.”
“I-It's the demon Kai! It's the demon!”

 

Chanyeol stood up fast as he stared at the demon who stood by the door. Kai and D.O ran scared over to Chanyeol and Suho stood almost shaking beside Baekhyun near the demon who smirked.

 

Humans... What a pitiful state you're in... But that angel... IS EVEN MORE PITIFUL! BWAHAHAHAHA!”

 

'Stay calm... Don't get scared... Their power... must come from somewhere, right? Baekhyun is an angel, he stands for the good, for the light. He almost defeated the demon last time with his light... Demons... they must stand for fear and anger... We need to stay calm!'

 

I have an offer for you pathetic humans.”
“W-What do you want?! Leave! You have no right to be here!”
“I love that attitude of yours, you brave little .”
“Haven't you done enough already?!”
“Shut up pathetic human and listen to your superior!”

 

Chanyeol wanted to say against this demon, he wanted to stand up for everyone and stay strong. But something took over him and that is the fear. No matter how hard he tried to ignore it, it was still there and slowly took over him.

 

I got an offer for you, even though I might not want to give it to you.”
“W-What is it?”
“If you give me the angel, I will let you live. If you refuse, I will have to kill you all.”
“Can we... discuss this for a moment?”
“You got five seconds to decide from now and on!”
“W-Wait! Please, give us two minutes! Two minutes is all we need!”
“Two minutes for what?”
“To discuss this matter!”
“You humans can't even make up your minds without discussing with each other, can't you?!”
“Exactly! You have to understand that creatures like us need a little time to understand what is going on! And obviously you're strong, but we have to make up our minds and for that we need some time. We're only stupid humans after all.”
“HAHAHA, I LIKE THIS HUMAN! WHAT'S YOUR NAME?!”
“C-Chanyeol. Park Chanyeol.”
“I can literally see how you understand that you're no match for me! I like it when humans understand that they're weak! I give you five minutes to make up your mind! But not a second more!”

 

Suho and the others stared at Chanyeol who tried to win a little time. Every second is important and can gain them strength. If they're really lucky, that angel woman might come any minute, but Baekhyun doesn't have that long time. And so do they.

 

You guys can leave, I don't want you to get hurt.”
“Are you crazy?! He's a huge demon man who can kill us all!”

 

Everyone hissed at Chanyeol who felt nervous. If he can save the others, that is at least good enough for him. But he won't leave Baekhyun, no matter what anyone says.

 

I don't care if I get killed, I'm not leaving Baekhyun. This guy is dangerous!”
“We know that!”
“But we can't just leave Baekhyun either!”
“But Baekhyun will never forgive us if we all die. It's better if you go-”
“We're staying!”
“Go dammit! Don't you get it?! You will get killed! If you get killed, all Baekhyun's happiness will disappear!”

 

Chanyeol shouted mad at his friends who stared at him. He might get killed and Baekhyun might also get killed, but if their friends can live on, then their happiness will be with them. If Chanyeol can at least make their happiness live on, then he has nothing to lose by dying.

 

C-Chanyeol...”
“Now go! I don't want to see you in here! Leave the mansion and don't come back! I'm not leaving Baekhyun but you must! If... If we somehow manage to survive, then... Then I will call you.”
“W-We can't just-”
“Enough Kyungsoo... Chanyeol does got a point.”
“S-Suho!”
“But Baekhyun's happiness is mostly you Chanyeol-”
“I won't leave his side! You guys go, quickly!”
“Two minutes left humans!”

 

Chanyeol felt frustrated, his friends seem to not want to listen to him. What can he do to make them leave? Chanyeol hesitated before he made up his mind.

 

If you don't leave in this very instant... I will ask the demon guy to kill me right here and right now...”
“C-Chanyeol! D-Don't say that!”
“Than leave! I don't want to see your faces here!”
“One minutes and 30 seconds left!”
“Hurry up and leave already!”
“But Chanyeol-”
“At least let me stay with you!”
“One minute left!”
“No! You all have to leave! Leave I said! Now!”

 

Chanyeol screamed frustrated as the demon man smirked at them. He's going to kill them all if they don't leave now. Chanyeol stared almost begging at his friends before Kai and Suho grabbed Kyungsoo and Sehun to drag them out of the room.

 

You better know what you're up to!”
“Wait! Kai! Let me go!”
“Don't leave Chanyeol hyung!”
“Chanyeol! CHANYEOL!”
“I'm sorry... But I'm staying with Baekhyun. No matter what.”
“Twenty seconds left!”
“Goodbye... everyone.”

 

Chanyeol watched Suho and Kai drag Sehun and Kyungsoo out of the room as they hurried away. Chanyeol stared over at the demon man who just counted down from ten and slowly to zero.

 

Ten, nine, eight, seven, six, five, four...”
“Three, two, one, time's up.”
“So you dared to stay, human?”
“I'm sorry, but I can't allow you to take my little Baekhyun just like that. I might be a mere human, but I'm a damn annoying human.”
“Annoying indeed... You all are so annoying creature! You're supposed to be half angel and half demon, yet you all are just being ugly copies that are nothing but scrap!”
“Well, even scrap can sometimes be better than the real thing.”
“How dare you, a human, speak to me?!”
“Didn't you say you liked me? Oh come on, don't tell me that being cocky like you makes you hate me.”
“You damn little human, you're going to burn in hell for being cocky towards someone like me!”
“Wait! I have to say goodbye to the angel properly. Do you mind?”

 

The demon stared dumb at Chanyeol who suddenly saw something behind the demon, outside the window. Two white wings came closer to the building, but there is still quite a distance. If he can just gain a little more time, he might be able to at least save Baekhyun.

 

You can forget that human!”
“But, I want to thank you, demon. You have opened my eyes.”
“Why would a human open his eyes to someone like me?!”
“Isn't it obvious? Someone so strong and powerful, I can't help to feel weak and defenseless. You made me realize what a weak and disgusting creature I must be. You're like a god, someone everyone should adore and bow down to. I have never known about powerful and superior creatures like demons before. Especially not such a powerful demon like you.”
“Well, when you say it like that, you're not that dumb like mostly humans.”
“Oh please, I'm dumb and weak and foolish. You're powerful, majestic and clever. There are of course only one creature that is better than you...”
“What?! Which creature?!”
“Well... Isn't it obvious?”
“What is obvious you damn human?”
“Isn't it obvious that angels are stronger, better and much more clever than you?”
“You damn little-”

 

The demon man felt the strong hit from behind as Chanyeol could literally see the sword go straight through the head of him. Before Chanyeol could actually get scared, he watched the demon turn into ash and then disappeared straight in front of his eyes. The angel woman patted like a fool as she dropped the sword and rushed over to Baekhyun who lied on the bed.

 

I might be late but I can still save him! Good job human, you just saved your own !”

 

Chanyeol just collapsed on the floor as he felt how his legs kept shaking. He was actually terrified the whole time, yet he managed to talk towards that scary demon. But that wasn't the same demon man as the one Baekhyun fought, Chanyeol can tell by the weird tattoos he had all over the body. It wasn't the same tattoos as the other demon man had.

 

, he's already gone into the last phase!”
“W-Wait, is that bad?!”
“It's really bad! But I might be able to save him!”
“Is there anything I can do for him?!”
“Actually... since you're the source of the pain, you can actually help me remove it.”
“H-How?! I will do anything! You can even take my soul if it's needed!”
“We don't use souls to heal silly, but I need you to do me a favor.”
“I will do anything! Please tell me what to do!”

 

The angel woman went quiet while she prepared a bottle with weirdly enough light blue water. She opened the bottle and dropped some berries into it. They all melted somehow in the bottle and got mixed with the water that turned light purple.

 

W-What is that?”
“It's the cure to the spell. It will remove the spell and drag back some life energy to the soul, but I can need some help.”
“What can I do? Like I have said at least five times, I will do anything for him!”
“Good. Hold the bottle while I pour some more ingredients into it.”

 

Chanyeol nodded as he tried to hold the bottle still with his shaky hands. He's still a little scared after the demon, but he's starting to feel calmer and right now he's concentrated on Baekhyun and Baekhyun only.

 

Okay, keep it still now.”

 

Chanyeol used all his energy to keep the bottle still as the angel woman poured some sand looking things into the water. She then took the bottle and mixed everything by shaking the bottle. She then nodded and opened the bottle again.

 

Lift up his head and open his mouth, quickly.”
“Y-Yes ma'am!”

 

Chanyeol carefully grabbed Baekhyun's head and lift it up. Then he used his finger to carefully open Baekhyun's mouth as the angel woman was fast to tilt the bottle a little carefully.

 

After I have poured some of the drink into his mouth, you have to lift his head higher and let it lean back so he can swallow it easier. We will do this five times and then you're going to do something extra for him.”
“Yes ma'am!”
“Good, here we go!”

 

The woman poured some of the drink into Baekhyun's mouth as Chanyeol was fast to lift the boy's head and tilted it slight back to let the drink slide down his throat. Baekhyun coughed a little, but it wasn't anything dangerous. Baekhyun's body is weak, which made it hard for him to cough, but at least the angel woman looked calm and told Chanyeol to lower Baekhyun's head again so she could pour in some more of the drink into the boy's mouth.

Chanyeol kept do this for a couple of times till almost half of the bottle was empty. When they had poured the drink five times into Baekhyun's mouth and let him swallow it, the angel woman closed the bottle and put it away.

 

You can let him lie down again. The bleeding has gotten worse I see... Hey... Wasn't there... more humans here?”
“Ah! I almost forgot! C-Can I just call them and make sure that I'm safe?!”
“Sure, but do it quickly.”

 

Chanyeol almost dropped his phone as much in a hurry he was as he managed to unlock it and hit the number to the first person he got, which happened to be Sehun. It didn't even go two signals before Sehun answered the phone, but he was crying.

 

Hyung! You're alive! I can't believe you did this to us?! Are you alright?! Is Baekhyun alright?! Is everything alright?!”
“Calm down Sehun! You guys can come back home! Quickly!”
“We're already on it! We are just around the corner!”
Good, then I see you soon!”

 

Chanyeol hung up on the phone as he turned back to the angel woman who smiled at him. He felt almost a little nervous to see her smile this kindly at him, even after all the things he said to Baekhyun. He does regret saying those cruel things to Baekhyun, of course he does. But he doesn't feel like he deserves her kindness.

 

You sent your friends away when the demon man came, but you stayed behind to not leave this angel?”
“Of course. I know Baekhyun thinks of us like the most precious thing in the world... I didn't want all his happiness to die with him, so I decided that if he had to die, I would die with him. But I would let his and mine happiness live on with our friends.”
“That's really brave of you. You were really brave, to stay here and face that demon.”
“All I could think of was to protect Baekhyun and the others... I just... I feel so guilty after what I said...”
“That was a spell, my little human. What you said was dragged out of you by a spell. The traitor known as a fallen angel knew that you and this angel are connected when he saw you. I can see that as well.”
“How can you see that?”
“Trust me, if you would be like us, you would see it. You can almost say that Baekhyun has marked you as his and you have marked him as yours.”
“I don't get it... Are you saying that...”
“Enough of that for now. If you want to save your precious little angel, you better hurry up and send him some love.”
“L-Love? H-How do I do that?”

 

The angel woman laughed lightly, she looked much calmer and much more elegant by now. Her white wings looked like a swans and her skin is as pale as Baekhyun's. Angels are really beautiful creatures, but Baekhyun is the only one for him. He won't leave Baekhyun, not even for the most beautiful angel in the whole world.

 

You're really funny, you know that?”
“I-I'm serious. How do I give him love?”
“It isn't that hard, my little human.”
“Please, call me Chanyeol.”
“Oh, I'm sorry. I will call you by your name, Chanyeol.”
“Thank you. But I was serious about the love thing. What exactly do you want me to do?”
“Well, how can you give another creature love?”
“Uhm... I can hug them, say nice things, give them gifts... Kiss them...”
“Well, do that then.”
“D-Do what? I counted up-”
“You know what I mean.”

 

Chanyeol felt how he almost blushed. Is he... supposed to... kiss... Baekhyun? Chanyeol looked down at the boy's pale face as he stared at it for a while. Chanyeol felt how one of his hands automatically grabbed the nearest hand of Baekhyun. Chanyeol squeezed it gently as he felt the soft skin against his.

Chanyeol's mind went blank as he felt how he stood up and leaned down towards Baekhyun's face. Chanyeol stared at the beautiful eyelashes and the pale pink lips. Baekhyun's face might be really pale, but it only shows how pink and soft his lips truly is.

 

Y-You want me... t-to kiss him?”
“What? Aren't you in love with him? Isn't that the reason why you refused to let him leave?”
“H-How did you-?”
“When I connected my magic with Baekhyun's, I saw a little of his last memory. I didn't mean to look or sneak around, but I know how he feels.”
“Won't he... get disgusted?”
“Don't worry, let me just say that you two are closer than Romeo and Juliette.”

 

Chanyeol felt a little dumb; what has this situation to do with Romeo and Juliette? Chanyeol shook that thought away as he looked down at Baekhyun again. Baekhyun is so damn beautiful... Chanyeol wants to be selfish and keep Baekhyun by himself, but he won't stop Baekhyun if he wants go one day.

But for now, he just want Baekhyun to feel his love. He wants Baekhyun to know that he loves the boy. Chanyeol felt how he leaned closer to Baekhyun as he placed his lips against Baekhyun's. Chanyeol kissed Baekhyun gently, but it felt more like a peck. He stayed there for some seconds as he felt his heart beat fast and his mind truly went blank this time.

Chanyeol pulled out of the so called kiss as he stared down at Baekhyun's face. Nothing has changed, except the feeling that everything is okay now. Chanyeol smiled as he leaned down to Baekhyun's forehead and left a peck on it as well before he sat down beside the bed and squeezed Baekhyun's hand gently. He won't leave Baekhyun's side, no matter what.

 


Ayo guys! Here I am again! ^.^

I have to apologize for the almost whole week late update, I'm so sorry *bows apologizing*

This was the last week in school before the summer break, which has finally begun and I got some times to correct my chapters and now I can update them! I know I'm late, but better late than never, right? ^.^

I just want to thank you all for reading and supporting this fiction! It means a lot to me, which I hope you guys understand! Thank you all for being awesome readers! ^.^

Subs, comments and upvotes are very well appreciated, but up to you! But it isn't a must, so please don't feel forced! But it would be fun if someone would write a funny comment! ^.^

Well, that was all I had to say. I will try to update in time next time! I see you next time! Have a nice day/night/morning/afternoon/evening! Take care! ^.^

Peace and love to you all! <3