Sick Again

Fallen Angel

Baekhyun's P.O.V

Baekhyun? How are you feeling?”
“Better, thank you. All of you.”
“No Baekhyun, you don't have to thank us.”
“No, without you I would be dead by now. Oh if godfather had seen me he would have cried as bad it was.”

 

Baekhyun shook his own head as the others stared at him. D.O came in with a tray filled with teacups and a tea pot. As fast he saw Baekhyun sit up in Chanyeol's lap, he almost dropped the tray as happy he got.

 

Baekhyun! Oh my god, you're alright!”
“D-D.O! Tray!”

 

Kai rushed over and took the tray from D.O who had to sit down for a second, for him this was more than surprising. Baekhyun smiled kind at D.O who stared amazed at him. Suho was kind enough to pour up tea to everyone and begun to handle out the teacups. Baekhyun took his cup carefully but Chanyeol held his hand underneath Baekhyun's hand in case he would drop the cup.

 

Thank you.”
“No problem.”
“Baekhyun... who where they?”

 

Sehun asked carefully as the others gave him a strict look. Baekhyun shook his head fast at the others who stared at him with surprised eyes.

 

Actually, I think it's better you guys get to know about this. After all, you saved me and you must have seen them.”
“Who are they? The scary woman and that weird guy.”
“They're people who wants to kill humans, but they can't kill humans that easily when my people is around.”
“Your... people?”
“Are you... from a small island or something?”
“No... Or you can see it like that if you want too. It's complicated.”
“Then how are we supposed to understand?”
“You're an angel, right?”

 

Chanyeol spoke from behind as Baekhyun almost dropped his teacup. Chanyeol grabbed the teacup fast and held it still for Baekhyun who smiled thankful, but his heart begun to beat fast.

 

I don't like to call myself that. My people has been seen as angels for generations, but the truth is that we're people from another dimension. There are many dimensions, but the three biggest and most lively dimensions are Earth, Heaven and Hell. That is what you humans call it. I'm an angel like you call it. And the man and the woman who was after me are demons, if we're going to talk human language.”
“You have your own language?”
“Mm, but the thing is, I can't speak it here.”
“Why not?”
“Because there is a magical aura around me that helps me to understand everything anyone tells me. You can say that this aura is like a translator.”
“W-Wait, s-so those people were-?!”
“Demons?!”

 

They all stared scared at Baekhyun who nodded a little. Baekhyun took his teacup as he sipped on the tea, mostly to calm himself down. He's not sure if it's okay for him to tell these humans about this, but what else can he do? He can't lie, he really can't. And they have already seen too much, it would be hard to try to get away with an excuse.

 

Then, this godfather you mentioned for a moment ago, who is he?”
“You humans calls him god, but we call him godfather. But he's not like your god. No, godfather is an angel born with a certain strong magical power in the soul. He uses his magic to balance the dimensions, but the demons has begun to try to get to Earth a lot lately... My home... It got attacked by demons and godfather and I talked in the temple. I somehow ended up here on Earth by falling into a portal.”
“Wait... That means... You fell right down from the sky?!”
“Yes and then you found me. But two demons managed to sneak into this dimension too.”
“And they're after you now.”
“Mm, but I wasn't the only angel here. We have angels who comes here and lives among humans to protect you. It's a long history, but for a long time ago demons sneaked into Earth's dimension and there are still some demons left here. We angels sent warriors to protect you humans, but when my home got attacked, many of these warriors went back home to defend it. I'm afraid that godfather is the only one who has enough of power to open the portal to Earth and I'm stuck here until he has regained his powers again. Until then, my life is in danger with those two demons after me. I'm sorry that I didn't tell you anything, but we have been told that if humans gets to know the truth, they go crazy. Some people go mad and some people denies the fact no matter what. I... I really wanted to tell you... But I got scared... I didn't want to scare you away... You all... You all have been so nice to me... and I almost got you hurt...”

 

Baekhyun felt how he begun to cry as the others just stared at him. Chanyeol slowly wrapped his arms around Baekhyun once again as he tried to comfort the boy. Sehun got fast up as he walked over to Baekhyun and took his teacup. Then he hugged Baekhyun as well and it didn't take long before the other three joined them into a big group hug.

 

Don't cry Baekhyun-ah.”
“No, you haven't hurt us at all. Of course you couldn't tell us.”
“We knew you were special, but not this special.”
“But we won't send you away.”

 

Baekhyun let the others pull out of the hug as he wiped his tears with the back of his hand. Baekhyun sobbed a little as he tried to calm down at much as possible.

 

I have to go.”
“What? Where?”
“I can't stay here, not with you around.”
“W-What do you mean?”
“I will hurt you... No, the demons will hurt you. They will use you against me... I-I don't want to put you all in danger.”
“T-They can't hurt us, right?! Y-You said that they couldn't hurt us.”
“No, they can't hurt you with angels around. But there are so few, just look at what happened today. Another angel should have backed me up, but there wasn't anyone there. I'm sorry, I would love to spend more time with you all... I always wanted to come here... But I don't want to hurt anyone. I don't know how to fight, I'm just a boy. All I did was to spend my days by a tree and stare down into a pound that showed me different dimensions. Like a TV. I never learned how to fight, I just learned simple magic and asked godfather about Earth. I never thought that I would have to fight demons.”
“But we should know! There are lots of books about demons and angels!”
“Yeah! There must be some kind of information there!”
“No there won't be any information in any books at all.”
“W-What?!”
“You humans doesn't know anything about angels and demons. No offense, but some things that are written in books might be true, but at least 75% is false.”
“Dammit... B-But you fought the demons just now!”
“It was magical instinct. This is my first time experiencing it. Normally I always have my wings on my back, but not in this dimension. It's that aura I talked about earlier.”
“It feels weird... to see you without wings.”
“Mm, you looked truly like an angel with your wings earlier.”
“With or without wings, I'm still me. But I can't stay here.”
“You can and I promise you that no one will get hurt.”
“How can you promise me that?”
“Because if you're truly an angel, then your aura must know how to protect humans.”
“Yeah, in many books it says that angels have instincts to save humans no matter what.”
“You fought the demons earlier for the first time and you survived! I think that's a sign!”

 

Baekhyun stared at his new friends, they all just wants him to stay so badly. But if he stays he will put them in danger. Baekhyun sighed as he felt Chanyeol hug him tight, still not letting him go. Baekhyun wants to stay too, he wants to get to know Chanyeol more. But also his friends of course.

 

If there truly was another way, I would have stayed. But there isn't-”
“Please Baekhyun, we're begging you.”
“Don't go, we will miss you.”
“Yeah! Think about us too!”
“And Chanyeol! He will miss you so much!”
“But you don't get it, those two demons followed Sehun and Kai around because you smelled like me. You put yourself into danger.”
“And we rather be in danger than letting you go! That portal will probably open soon!”
“Yeah exactly! Which means that there will be more angels here soon!”
“And the demons will get too scared to attack!”
“And you can stay with us!”

 

Baekhyun smiled weakly as he wanted to cry again. He's not sure if he can stay with his friends after all this. If there even will be a after all this.

 

You guys... are so brave.”
“We have seen all your kind sides Baekhyun.”
“Remember that man you saved in the cafe?”
“He's more than happy that you saved him.”
“And you have always been kind towards us.”
“Trying to help me out as much as possible because you feel guilty about nothing.”
“See, you all are being so nice to me all the time. I don't know how to repay you all this kindness.”
“You can stay.”

 

Sehun spoke with his cutest voice he could effort as the others nodded agreeing. Baekhyun wanted to say no, but to be honest he can't leave them. But he will put them in danger if he stays. What should he do?

 

I wish there were a manual to situations like those.”
“A-Are you going to stay?”
“What other choice do I have? I don't have anywhere else to live, but I don't want to hurt you guys. Are you sure that you want me around? You do know how great the risks are, right?”
“We saw it and we're ready to take it.”
“Yeah, everyone only lives once and it's now or never!”
“I want to know, is everyone okay with this? Every single one of you?”
“Yes! No one wants you to leave!”
“Well, I know you're not lying.”
“W-Wait... Y-You know when someone lies?!”
“Well yeah, since I can't lie myself.”
“You can't lie?”
“No, I can't lie. But I can make up excuses that doesn't make me lie, but that doesn't tell you the truth.”
“That's like lying.”
“It's not! I can't lie, really!”
“Then, are you an angel?”
“Yes, in human language I am.”
“Are you really feeling okay?”
“I admit, my body hurts, but I'm okay I think. If the knife stab isn't too deep.”
“What will happen if the stab is too deep?”
“Shall we talk about something else-”
“Baekhyun!”
“Okay, I will tell you! Geez, I shouldn't have told you that I can't lie...”
“Come on, out with it.”
“The thing is, demons uses special knifes that... that can kill angels like me.”
“Wait... can't humans... kill angels with a normal knife?”
“You can hurt us, but we can't die from a normal human knife. But humans can't even hurt demons at all.”
“Baekhyun told me earlier... that if the knife stab is too deep... he would die.”
“W-What?! No! Don't die hyung! We won't let you go that easily!”
“I don't think the stab will kill me, because then I wouldn't be conscious by now.”
“O-Oh... Really? You're not lying, right?”
“He can't lie, remember? I hope you're right though Baekhyun, we don't want you to die.”
“I know, but I'm not sure if I'm going to get away this easily...”
“You should rest, you look terrible. No offense Baekhyun, but when I say terrible I mean you look exhausted.”
“It's not weird, I can't feel my body soon...”
“Chanyeol, put Baekhyun to bed while I check on the food again. Sehun, come and help me with setting the table. Kai, you come with me to help me cook. And Suho.”
“What can I do for you Kyungsoo-ah?”
“You make sure to get Baekhyun medicine. Can you drive into town and get some?”
“I will go right away. Chanyeol, stay with Baekhyun and make sure that he's okay.”
“I will, you guys go and take care of the rest. You can leave Baekhyun with me, I promise.”
“We know we can, that's why we let you take care of him.”

 

Chanyeol smiled at his friends who smiled back before they left the room. Chanyeol then lift Baekhyun up and carefully put him back to bed as Baekhyun stared up at Chanyeol, he looks so handsome... Baekhyun doesn't want to leave Chanyeol... He doesn't want to leave his friends... He doesn't want to hurt them either...

 

Chanyeol... Would you... get mad if I...? I-It was nothing...”
“No, come on, ask me. What were you about to ask?”
“It was nothing, I don't know what I was going to ask...”
“You're lying, aren't you?”
“No, I don't know what I was about to ask, but I want you to know... That if I don't wake up, I might not be in danger.”
“Might not be in danger? What is that supposed to mean?”
“It means that I might get high fever and have a hard time to wake... I'm already starting to feel warm and my body hurts so much... It's so... weird...”
“Can't angels... get sick normally?”
“I have never been sick in my whole life... It's so weird and I don't know what's the point of getting fever...”
“It's your body that fights the virus or bacteria, depending on what kind of disease you got. Or at least humans are like that. I don't know how angels works though.”

 

Baekhyun smiled at Chanyeol who made sure that the blanket covered Baekhyun's whole body. But then he realized something, Baekhyun had his dirty clothes on and the sheets are white.

 

Ah! I forgot about your clothes!”
“It's okay, I don't think the others will get mad.”
“I will have to change the sheets right away and get you new clothes.”
“I think there are clothes over there.”
“Uh? Ah, they brought you clothes before. Good. Good.”

 

Chanyeol got up as he opened the door and peeked his head out of the room. Baekhyun heard Chanyeol talk to someone and it didn't take long before he came in with white some sheets and smiled big.

 

Do you think you can stand on your own or do you need help?”
“I don't know, let me try.”
“No, I will help you. I don't want you to get hurt. Come here.”

 

Chanyeol helped Baekhyun to stand on his legs as Baekhyun felt how weak his body truly was. Chanyeol held Baekhyun up as he carefully helped Baekhyun over to a chair and let Baekhyun sit down. Then he turned to the bed and changed the sheets as fast he could without making it look like messy.

 

I will hurry, I promise. After this, let's change your clothes. Do you want to drink some more tea while you're waiting?”

 

Chanyeol talked on as Baekhyun suddenly felt his head spin and it didn't take long before he begun to see blurry. Baekhyun tried to call Chanyeol, but the words refused to leave his mouth. Before Baekhyun could say anything to Chanyeol, his whole body just shut off and Baekhyun felt how he lost consciousness within a second.

 

Chanyeol's P.O.V

Chanyeol suddenly noticed how quiet Baekhyun got as he turned around to see Baekhyun's eyes unfocus. And before he knew it, Baekhyun's whole body fell towards the floor. Chanyeol threw himself after Baekhyun and managed to catch Baekhyun before he hit the floor.

 

B-Baekhyun?! Baekhyun are you alright?! H-Hey?! Are you still there?! Baekhyun!”

 

Chanyeol felt the worries take over him as he heard how fast footsteps came towards the door. One second later the door flew open as a worried Kai looked in and held a tray with a glass of water.

 

What's wrong? What's going on?”
“H-He just passed out, just like that. He looked fine for a second ago and then he just collapsed. I-I just got scared, sorry if I worried you.”
“D.O said it before, Baekhyun looked exhausted and he probably still is. His body might have used up its last energy to let him stay awake as long as he could. I think he should rest for now, like D.O said.”
“Kai, can you fix the bed while I change Baekhyun's clothes?”
“Oh right, the sheets were dirty. We totally forgot about it. But where did you get the fresh sheets?”
“A maid walked by with a basket of clean laundry. I asked her if I could take some of her sheets and use it to a guest of Suho's. She nodded with a huge smile and gave me it without hesitation. They're really nice here.”
“Yeah, it was probably Hana noona, she's really nice.”
“I will change Baekhyun's clothes now then.”

 

Chanyeol grabbed the new fresh clothes as Kai put away the glass with water and begun to fix the bed. Chanyeol pulled off Baekhyun's shirt as he gasped and froze when he saw Baekhyun's pale skin filled with bruises and scratches. Kai peeked over Chanyeol's shoulder as he gasped too.

 

So he did get more hurt than what we thought! Maybe that crash wasn't that painless as we thought...”
“Poor little Baekhyun... It's not weird why his body hurts... Go and ask Suho if he can buy some kind of body cream that can reduce the pain?”
“I will go right away, so you concentrate to get Baekhyun to bed, okay?”

 

Chanyeol just nodded as he tossed the dirty and ragged shirt on the floor beside him and put a new shirt on Baekhyun. Then he had to figure out how to get Baekhyun's pants on without hurting the boy or to get the bed dirty again.

After some minutes of struggling, Baekhyun was finally dressed and lied in the bed covered in the warm blanket. Chanyeol gathered Baekhyun's dirty clothes as the door got open by D.O who carried a tray with a bowl and a towel as he smiled kind.

 

Is that Baekhyun's old clothes?”
“Yes, I changed his clothes and the dirty sheets are over there-”
“What have you two done in here?!”
“D-Don't take it wrong! I meant that they got dirt on it!”

 

D.O eyed Chanyeol before he took a look at the sheets and breathed relieved out. Then he turned to Chanyeol with an apologetic smile as he put the tray down on the nightstand beside the bed.

 

Here, I thought that if he gets fever, then you can use this to cool him down.”
“Thank you D.O.”
“Hey Chanyeol... I have to ask you... Do you think... we really should keep Baekhyun here with us?”
“Well of course, he needs us. He's sick and he can barely move and-”
“I mean after he's healthy again. I really like Baekhyun, I do. But... he really looked scared before. He doesn't want to hurt us, but we're not scared to get hurt. But if we get hurt or even killed... I don't know how Baekhyun will react or feel afterwards-”
“We won't get hurt or killed. Listen, Baekhyun have been here for months already. That damn godfather should be able to open that damn portal soon enough, we just have to wait and hope that it won't take much longer.”
“Y-You're right, sorry.”
“D.O, I'm not scared to get hurt. I... I feel so happy around him... I don't care what I have to do to stay by his side. As long I got Baekhyun... As long he's by my side...”

 

Chanyeol felt how he lost his words as Kyungsoo just smiled and nodded at the same time. Chanyeol doesn't have to say much more, D.O gets it. He knows how Chanyeol feels towards Baekhyun and he feels the same way towards Kai himself.

 

I get it Chanyeol, I promise. The dinner will be ready in ten minutes, come down and eat at least. Okay?”
“What about Baekhyun?”
“I think we can leave him alone for a little while, okay? Don't worry about it, the demons can't find us here already. They must be hurt after Baekhyun's attack as well, like Baekhyun is hurt from theirs.”
“You're right... Then, I will come down after ten minutes. Until then, I want to stay right here.”
“Do so and I will take these.”

 

Chanyeol felt how D.O grabbed the dirty laundry from him before D.O left the room with a smile. D.O is truly like a mother sometimes, even though he doesn't even try. He's just naturally like that and that makes him so special. Chanyeol smiled a little as he pulled a chair closer to Baekhyun's bed and carefully grabbed the boy's pale hand.

 

I hope you're going to be alright Baekhyun... Please be okay...”

 


Ayo guys! I'm finally back again, which feels great! ^.^

How are you all? Well I have a lot of school stuff going on, so I don't know when I will be able to update next time. That's why I beg you all to be patient and keep supporting me! ^.^

Else I just want to thank you all for supporting this fiction! It means a lot to me, so thank you so much! Subs, comments and upvotes are very well appreciated! But up to you! ^.^

Now I don't have that much else to say for now, so take care until next time I see you! Have a nice day/night,morning/evening! ^.^

Peace and love to you all! <3