The Pale Cold Boy

Fallen Angel

Chanyeols P.O.V

You can't beat me Chanyeol!”
“You kidding me?! Just watch me!”

 

 

Chanyeol bit his lower lip, concentrating even more at the TV screen as Sehun did the same. Kai watched excited from behind while Suho were reading a book and D.O was busy with eating his nachos.

 

It's the end of the November. Chanyeol has just turned 20 years old for only three days ago. The weather is cold, people are tired and it's already dark at 4 pm. But that can't bring Chanyeols mood down, especially not when he has awesome friends around him.

 

 

Ha! Told ya Sehun!”
“Oh man! I was so close! So close!”
“Yah, my turn!”

 

 

Kai took the control from Chanyeol who moved to the side and let Kai and Sehun play a match against each others. Instead, Chanyeol turned his head to Suho who immediately looked up at him from his book. That is almost scary to be honest, Suho always sense or knows that someone is looking at him without even looking.

 

 

Do you like your new game Chanyeol?”
“Yeah, thank you hyung. But I'm just wondering, are we going on our usual winter trip next week or not?”
“The cabin is still standing where it's standing, I'm just waiting for you guys to tell me if you want to go or not.”
“Oh, that would be nice. I can make nice hot chocolate and dinner for you.”
“And lets make a fire and snowboarding and ski a lot too!”
“So, next week will be good for everyone?”
“Yeah! I'm free!”
“Me too!”

“I have nothing to do either.”
“And I have nothing planed either.”
“Then lets go next week, at Tuesday morning.”
“Yes! Winter trip, here we come!”

 

 

Suho smiled at everyone before he returned to his book, and everyone returned to their games or nacho eating. But they all were excited about their usual winter trip that they do every year since they met.

 

 

***

 

 

Chanyeol packed his things, wondering if he should bring a lot of extra warm clothes since Sehun and Kai always forget something, or that Suho will trip and make his clothes dirty or wet or anything like that.

 

Chanyeol packed the extra clothes, he also packed two blankets in case it would get cold and D.O packed also one extra. And they all packed some stuff they could do during their winter trip.

 

Kai and Sehun packed many movies with different categories, D.O packed a lot of board games, Suho packed a lot of books and his computer. And Chanyeol decided to take his guitar with him and some note and lyrics books with him. Then all that was missing was the snowboards and the skis.

 

Tuesday morning, a sunny day. The streets in Seoul wasn't covered in snow, without water. The cities are to hot for the snow to stay on the ground, it would only melt right away. The boys packed Suho's car early in the morning, at 6 am.

 

Sehun was way to excited, Kai was half sleeping like Chanyeol and D.O and Suho were pretty much like normal. Though, Suho was smiling much more and D.O were humming happily and excited.

 

They all got in to the car, sitting at their favorite spots. Kai, D.O and Chanyeol sat in the back, and Suho and Sehun at the front. Suho is the driver, and Sehun would keep him company by his side, and also read the map.

 

 

***

 

 

It didn't take even one hour before Sehun were asleep, and D.O and Sehun had changed seats with each others. Sehun were sleeping against Kai who feel asleep as fast the car begun to move. Chanyeol were listening to music from his iphone and Suho were talking with D.O.

 

They all knew that it will take at least 5, maybe even 6 hours to get to Suhos cabin that is laying in the middle of the mountains. Lucky them that they live in Seoul and all, so it's not to far away from the cabin. But the way to the private area that Suhos family owes is pretty hard, and it takes long time to just get of the high way.

 

After three hours, Sehun and Kai had woke up, it's 9 am and everyone is hungry, even Chanyeol. They stopped the car at an old camping place as they got out from the car.

 

 

Kya! It's so good to be able to stretch out!”
“Okay everyone, lets eat and keep moving after we're done with all our business. If you need to visit the bathroom, do it now. I won't pull over later!”

 

 

Suho sounded like a mother/umma or a father/appa. It made everyone laugh quiet as D.O took up their meal. He had prepared some sandwiches with peanut butter and jam. Everyone ate happily and visit the bathroom before they decided to take a short walk.

 

After all, they have still 2 or maybe 3 hours left to sit in that car. And Suho might need a longer break from the driving, since he's the only one who has a driving license among them all.

 

 

Kya, I can't wait until I will beat you in snowboarding!”
“Yeah, like that will happen!”
“Boys! You both know I will win easily over you two!”

 

 

Chanyeol, Sehun and Kai teased each others as Suho and D.O shock their heads, it's always like this every year. They compete, someone wins and everything is cool. But the whole time before they compete is annoying like damn. They scream, dare each others to say something and sometimes they even fight and argue about it.

 

But since they're 20 years old all of them, except for Suho who is 21, they have finally stopped begin to fight every time they tease each others.

 

 

Okay boys, we have already spent 40 minutes here, lets go back to the car and keep going.”
“Okie dokie!”

 

 

They all begun to walk towards the car, and it took another 10 minutes before they all were back in the car and on their way out on the road again.

 

 

***

 

 

We're finally here! Gosh what a good feeling to be back!”
“Do you remember that time when we found a dead rat here and D.O fainted?!”
“Yah! It's not funny!”
“Haha, yeah I do! Do you remember when Suho tried to ski and skied right in to a tree?!”
“Oh gosh! That was so funny!”

 

 

They all talked and shouted happily as they carried their bags in from the car to the pretty huge cabin. Suhos family owes the woods and pretty much the whole area around the cabin. There is no one here, or it shouldn't be anyway. If it is someone here, they're pretty much intruders.

 

 

Boys, lets sleep one and one for tonight, okay? Kai take the first room, Sehun the second, D.O the third-”
“But I want to sleep with Kai!”
“And I want to sleep with you hyung!”

 

 

Sehun and D.O pouted, while Kai and Chanyeol sighed. It's always like this. Suho sighed and glanced at Chanyeol who smiled and nodded. He won't mind sleep alone, it feels much better to be alone to be honest.

 

 

Okay, lets do so then. But if I hear one weird sound from your room Kai, I will separate you two for over a year!”
“Don't worry, nothing will happen.”
“Okay, go and unpack your things.”
“Kai, can you take my things? I gotta start make the lunch.”
“Sure, I take it.”

 

 

Everyone split up, D.O walked to the kitchen, obviously to make lunch. Kai took his and D.Os bags to their room to unpack them, which also is obvious. Suho helped Sehun with the bags and they were going to unpack their things too, which also is pretty much obvious since Suho ordered everyone to unpack. But Chanyeol isn't just going to unpack his things, he's going to sit and play on his lovely guitar for a long time.

 

 

***

 

 

After the very late lunch, that they ate 2 pm, they decided to just take it easy. They all sat down on the two couches and decided which film of 30 they would see. It took some few minutes before they agreed to see three films, ate a late snack meal and then go to bed. They skip dinner since they ate a late big lunch, and is going to eat a lot of snacks and fruit to the movies.

 

 

***

 

 

Chanyeol laid in his room, he could hear Kai and D.O talk, like they always do. Suho and Sehun were probably sleeping, or Suho anyway. Sehun is probably playing games on either his phone or on Suhos.

 

Chanyeol had played on his guitar for some minutes, but now it's getting late and he doesn't want to disturb the others in the cabin. So he just laying on his bed, staring up at the roof. While he's just laying there, listening to D.Os giggle laugh and Kais voice that sounded like he wanted to sleep but still cuddle with D.O, he thought about his life. It always happens when he's right here, in this room, in this cabin.

 

He had a ty life, he admit. He almost lost his grades, his family went on a rampage on him and he had to live with his ty uncle who hit him. And when he could go back to his family, to his parents and his sister, his mom got sick. She died shortly after that, in cancer. And Chanyeols father left one night, not telling them where he was going. Chanyeol and his sister was alone, and they tried to stay together since they were their only family left. But in the end, they had to go separated ways.

 

Chanyeol begun college, and Yura, his big sister/noona was engaged with her for a long time ago boyfriend. Chanyeol admit, he's happy for her, but he felt a little hurt when she said that she might move to USA to have a bigger chance to get a better work.

 

And now, here he is. Laying in this cabin, and you might wonder, how can Chanyeol seem so careless? Not that you know him that well yet, but he's pretty much careless those days. And how and when did he meet his friends?

 

Well, it was during high school, the first year when Chanyeol was a Freshman. Chanyeol just happen to play a basketball match against Kai and after that, they begun to compete, but in a friendly way. Shortly thereafter Kai introduced Chanyeol to his friends, and then they were all friends. It didn't take long before they became close and to be honest, Chanyeol sees his friends like his new family.

 

Chanyeol yawned tired in his bed, taking a quick glance at the clock as he decided that it was time to go to bed for real. He turned the lights off in his room and closed his eyes, he listen to the silence in the house as he smiled for himself, this is a sweet life for Chanyeol.

 

 

***

 

 

So, did you have any problems with sleeping last night?”
“Not at all, and you two?”

 

 

Chanyeol asked, eying Kai who looked calm, and so did D.O. They hadn't done anything last night, which is good. Suho took a sip from his hot tea, and Sehun were drinking bubble tea since he just love it. And Chanyeol were drinking hot chocolate with Kai and D.O drank tea.

 

To breakfast they were eating toast with either jam, cheese, ham, butter or pretty much anything they wanted to. Even marmalade. It didn't take long before they had eaten up the breakfast, cleaned the table and begun to get dressed. It was finally time for some competition, something funny to do.

 

Chanyeol, Sehun and Kai was dressed first and was fast to grab their snowboards and hurried out. Suho and D.O was shortly after them and they would drive the three snowboards boys to the top of a ski/snowboard track.

 

Chanyeol sat behind Suho, and Sehun and Kai sat behind D.O who drove like a king, while Suho were to busy with talking in the phone while driving. But after 10 minutes, they had arrived to the top of the ski/snowboard track and Kai, Sehun and Chanyeol were fast to get ready to finally have some “real” fun.

 

 

Okay boys, take it easy now, and don't hurt yourselves. You have your phones with you?”
“Yes D.O, we have.”
“And we have ours. We will wait at the end of the track, make sure that you don't lose each others to much.”
“Oh that will be hard, I will be at the bottom of the track way earlier than those two!”

 

 

Kai smirked and the teasing had begun once again. Suho and D.O shock their heads and decided to just drive to the bottom and wait there. The other three boys got ready to go as they waited for each others to get ready. When they all were ready, it was finally count down.

 

 

Okay, we go in three!”
“Two!”
“One!”
“Go!”

 

 

They all three was fast to go as they laughed, they just love the adrenalin they get every time they jump out on the track like this.

 

 

See you later losers!”
“Ha! Like that will happen!”

 

 

The three of them stayed near each others, since they know that the mountain can be dangerous, and that it's much funnier if the others lose to you when they see you go over the final line.

 

 

***

 

 

Haha! We all won one time each, which makes it equal than!”
“Yeah! But admit it, it was fun!”
“Hell yeah!”
“But now lets calm down for a while and eat your lunch, and rest for some minutes.”
“Okay.”

 

 

The boys talked happily about their time snowboarding. Suho and D.O, who had been skiing a little carefully, was to be honest exhausted. They both were to tired to get out after the lunch, so they decided to stay in and read a book. Therefor, Sehun, Chanyeol and Kai had to take turns on who would drive the other two up to the tracks top.

 

After three more hours, it was finally getting a little dark outside, and it was time for the last ride. Suho and D.O was kind and drove all the three boys up to the top as they smiled, it's time to show their best moves and how to control their snowboards on the white snow.

 

 

Okay boys, this is the last one for today. So take it a little easy, okay? If you trip now, and the other two lose you, you're kind of screwed.”
“That won't happen, we always stay close to the each others. If one fall, we all fall.”
“Good, call us if anything happens. Don't hesitate, okay?”

 

 

They all nodded as they let D.O and Suho drive away, and the other three stood up on a line once again. They counted down and they were off, just like the other times. But to be honest, this time the air felt different, and Chanyeol couldn't help to get a weird feeling that something weird is going on.

 

Chanyeol tried to ignore the weird feeling, since both Kai and Sehun seemed to not notice the weird air. Instead, Chanyeol made tricks and so did Kai and Sehun. They were laughing and had fun, really fun to be honest.

 

In the middle of the track, Chanyeol picked up speed as he was only one meter before the other two. Of course he didn't try to speed up to much, but it was just fun to tease the other two who saw this as a challenge.

 

But none of them could have predicted what would happen next. Out from nowhere, there was a giant hole in the middle of the snow as Chanyeol happen to drive over it with his snowboard that got stuck in to the thick snow and he bend over, literally.

 

And with the speed he had, he could had hurt himself more than he did. Sehun and Kai was fast to try to stop their snowboards to not run over Chanyeol who were half buried under the cold snow. Both Sehun and Kai threw themselves down on the snow to stop their snowboards before trying to take them off and run over to Chanyeol who had just managed to sit up on his knees.

 

 

Are you alright Chanyeol! Are you hurt?”
“I-I think I'm alright. Just a little cooled down.”

 

 

Chanyeol managed to get the snowboard of him as he walked over tho the giant hole and carefully looked down. He gasped when he saw a shadow in the snow and he couldn't help but to jump back a bit.

 

 

S-Something is down there!”
“W-What?!”
“Is it a dinosaur?!”

 

 

Chanyeol walked almost scared over to the hole again, taking a deep breath as he told himself that it's impossible for a dinosaur to live now. He sat down carefully by the snow hole and tried to look down, but since it was already a little dark outside he couldn't see that much.

 

Carefully he let his hand reach down a little bit in the dark, as he suddenly felt something soft but harder than snow down there. He carefully tried to grab whatever it was as he felt that it had some weight, and it felt weird.

 

 

Hey guys, I got something here.”
“C-Careful will you! What if it's an ice crack and you fall through?”
“There isn't any ice cracks here, it's snow and stone.”

 

 

Kai spoke calmly to Sehun who tried his best to not freak out. Chanyeol had to lay down on his stomach to use his both hands to pull whatever it was up from the hole. When he managed to take a grip around the almost round thing, he begun to lift it up. He heard Sehun and Kai walk over as he suddenly saw what he had seen.

 

 

Guys! There is a boy! ! There is a boy here!”
“W-What?!”

“You must be joking!”
“Quick! Call Suho and D.O, Sehun help me to take him up!”
“I-Is he dead?”
“Sehun!”

 

 

Sehun hesitated for some seconds before he helped Chanyeol to lift the boy up. Chanyeol almost threw of his jacket as he stared worried down at the pale boy with so thin clothes on. What is he thinking? Wearing light clothes like this! Does he think it's summer up here or something?

 

Chanyeol put his jacket around the cold boy as he hugged the boy a little careful, while Sehun took his glove off and felt if he had a pulse or not. Sehun looked a little relieved as Chanyeol understood the boy was alive, but he's so cold. He might die by this cold if they doesn't hurry back with him.

 

Chanyeol glanced up at Kai who had just finished the call with Suho and D.O, and he looked a little concerned at the boy who looked really pretty, but pale.

 

 

When are they coming?”
“About five, maybe four minutes. Here, take my jacket instead Chanyeol, you will freeze to death too.”
“But you too if you give me it.”
“Then take mine-”
“Guys, I'm fine. Just get my snowboard and yours too, and be ready to go as fast as possible.”
“But I just wondering, how the hell did he end up all the way out here, dressed up like that?”
“And what is it with that hole and him?”
“I don't know, but we gotta help him. Lets do our best to help him for now, and if we're lucky, he might tell us how he ended up here.”

 

 

The other two nodded as they got their snowboards and sat down beside Chanyeol, hugging both him and the boy to make sure they wouldn't be to cold and catch a cold. Or the boy will definitely get sick, maybe serious sick, but Chanyeol might still make it without catching anything bad.

 


Ayo guys! How you doing? So the second chapter is up, so I hope you enjoyed it! ^.^

I know that you have heard about Baekhyun and Taeyon, and I'm just going to say that I'm happy for him in a way, but I do feel a little sad for Baekyeol. But Baekyeol will continue, it won't disappear so keep support them! <3

Now, now! Cheer up! I'm still going to write about Baekyeol, so please keep support this fiction! Thank you for being awesome readers and support this fiction! <3

Peace and Love to you, and thanks for reading and support this fiction! <3