Fever

Fallen Angel

Chanyeol's P.O.V

I'm so warm... Why is it so warm...? Where am I...? Why is it so warm...? Everything hurts... Chanyeol... It hurts... Everything hurts... Please make it stop... Please, make it stop... Chanyeol, help me...”

 

Chanyeol fought the urge to take Baekhyun into the bathroom and shower him cold water. After all, Baekhyun has fever and cold water is not a good option at the moment. Baekhyun twisted and twitched in the bed as he cried and whined.

Chanyeol tried his best to cool down Baekhyun with a small towel that he drowned in cold water and carefully squeezed it a little before he put it on Baekhyun's forehead. But it seems that it's not quite enough to cool down the boy's high fever.

 

It hurts... Why does it hurt...? Chanyeol... help me...”

 

Baekhyun cried as he struggled with trying to get his shirt off, but he only ended up whining and cried even more. Chanyeol decided that it's the best if he takes off Baekhyun's shirt for now, after all his fever is only getting higher and higher. It's just like the time at Suho's winter cabin.

 

Okay then, I will take your shirt off.”

 

Chanyeol carefully got Baekhyun's shirt off and pulled down his blanket to his waist. Baekhyun breathed heavily, like the air was hard to breathe or like he was breathless. Chanyeol took the towel and drowned it in cold water and squeezed out some of the water back into the bowl. Then he put the towel on Baekhyun's chest and dabbed it carefully.

 

Does it feel better if I do it like this?”
“Mm... It does...”

 

Baekhyun mumbled as he closed his eyes and for once, he could fall asleep. Chanyeol kept dab the boy's chest until he was sure that his body was cooled down for now. Chanyeol pulled up the blanket over Baekhyun's stomach and a bit of his chest again and returned the towel to the boy's forehead.

 

How is he doing?”

 

A tired Suho came into the room as he checked his watch, it's probably in the middle of the night. Chanyeol sighed a little as Suho grabbed a chair and sat down beside Chanyeol who sat beside the bed.

 

He's getting warmer and warmer, like a heater or something.”
“Do you think... it's dangerous?”
“He has surpassed normal human temperature for a long time ago. If he was a human, he would be dead by now if not two hours ago.”
“Is he awake?”
“He doesn't wake up fully. He just half sleep from time to time.”
“Mhm... Do you want me to take over for you for a while?”
“No I'm fine, you should go and sleep Suho.”
“Are you sure?”
“Yeah, since he keeps mumbling my name...”
“I guess he trusts you the best among us.”
“I think he trusts you all, he's just more used to be around me more than you guys.”
“Maybe you're right, maybe I'm right. Who knows?”
“Go and sleep again gramps.”
“Haha, I will. But if you get too tired, come and wake me or D.O up, okay?”
“I will, I promise.”
“Goodnight Chanyeol.”
“Goodnight.”

 

Chanyeol turned back to Baekhyun who was sleeping peacefully. His fever is really high and it's a miracle that he's still alive. Chanyeol felt how his hand grabbed Baekhyun's gently as he smiled a little at the boy. He's truly beautiful and to think that Baekhyun is... What is he now again? He said he was an angel, but he also said that it was incorrect to call him that.

 

Chanyeol... Don't leave me...”
“Don't worry my little angel, I won't leave you. I'm right here, okay?”

 

Baekhyun mumbled something else that Chanyeol couldn't hear, but he guess it wasn't something important. Chanyeol rest his head on the bed beside Baekhyun as he sighed tired. He's not going to sleep, he's just going to rest his head and close his eyes a little. You know, to rest them a little. After all, he still got a long night in front of him.

 

***

 

Don't ask me how, but I just found him like this.”
“Where is Baekhyun? Kai and Sehun is bathing him, though Baekhyun refused to take of his underwear.”
“What? Really?”
“He refused and said something with: Only Chanyeol will be allowed to see me without my underwear.”
“And Chanyeol? Is he... awake?”
“He's kind of half sleeping, he stayed up the whole night you know.”
“I can hear you too...”

 

Chanyeol mumbled tired as he forced himself to sit up. He did stay awake the whole night and Baekhyun woke up after some hours too and begin to say weird stuff. Chanyeol yawned tired as D.O patted him on the head and smiled at him.

 

Why don't you go and sleep one or two hours? We're four persons here, I think Baekhyun will be fine-”
“A-Ah! Baekhyun! D-Don't run around like that!”
“Chanyeol!”

 

Baekhyun came running and literally threw himself at him as Chanyeol fell off his chair and landed on the floor with a thud. Baekhyun hugged him while he cried and said something with Kai and Sehun didn't let him shower in cold water without in warm water.

 

A-Are you okay Chanyeol-?!”
“I'm fine, trust me, I'm fine.”

 

Chanyeol patted Baekhyun's head as he held in a sigh. He's tired like damn, but he won't go to sleep now when Baekhyun is clinging on to him and is crying and whining.

 

It's okay, I will come and help you bath as well. Come here.”

 

Chanyeol let Baekhyun grab his hand as they walked to the bathroom where Kai and Sehun sat soaking wet. Chanyeol held a hand for his mouth and tried his best to not laugh at them, but he couldn't help but to chuckle at them.

 

Is it really that funny?”
“Trust me, your faces are priceless.”
“Baekhyun, can you please get back into the bath before you get cold?”
“Do as they say Baekhyun, the water isn't that warm now.”

 

Baekhyun hesitated before he got back into the bath and Chanyeol sat down on the floor near it. Baekhyun let Kai and Sehun scrub his arms and legs and body, while Chanyeol just watched them. Chanyeol hates to admit it, but a jealousy begun to grew a little inside of him. He doesn't like it that it's Sehun and Kai who touch Baekhyun's body like that.

Chanyeol shook the thoughts away as he tried to think of something else. He decided to close his eyes and just try to sleep at the spot since he's pretty tired and he doesn't think that Kai and Sehun will need his help for a while.

 

Chanyeol! Are you dead?! No! Not Chanyeol!”

 

Chanyeol opened his eyes fast as he watched Baekhyun try to crawl out of the bath as Kai and Sehun tried to hold him back.

 

W-Wait, he's not dead!”
“He's sleeping Baekhyun!”
“Baekhyun, calm down. I'm fine. Look, I'm not dead.”

 

Chanyeol smiled at Baekhyun who stared at him with teary eyes for a while. The boy just nodded after a while as Kai and Sehun tried to finish Baekhyun's bath before something else would happen. Chanyeol decided that he won't sleep until Baekhyun is back into his bed and is sleeping as well. Else he gets a feeling that the boy won't sleep for a while.

 

***

 

Chanyeol. Chanyeol wake up. Wake up giant. Come on, wake up. Chanyeol wake up. Please wake up. Yah, it's afternoon already, so wake up.”

 

Chanyeol groaned tired as he opened his eyes to find Kai stare almost annoyed at him. Chanyeol just closed his eyes again and planned to ignore Kai, but the boy slammed a pillow at his head and kept nag at him until Chanyeol sat up and gave up on sleeping.

 

Fine, I will go up... I'm awake... Happy now?”
“Yes, now get your out of bed and get down and eat something. D.O is waiting for you.”
“Okay...”

 

Chanyeol yawned tired as he got up of the bed and begun to walk towards the door. He scratched his back head tired as he listened to the silence, why is it so silent? Chanyeol walked downstairs to the kitchen where he found Suho sit and drink some tea while D.O prepared some sandwiches and a new pot of tea.

 

Ah, Chanyeol, Kai woke up you yes?”
“Yeah... He did...”
“Sorry to wake you up, I know you only slept for some hours, but it's not good to sleep during the day and stay up the whole night. Especially not when you will have to go back to school soon.”
“Hey... Has someone heard anything about yesterday?”

 

Chanyeol asked as the three of them just exchanged some glances. It took a while before Suho cleared his throat and put down his book for some minutes.

 

Well, all I know is that mostly of the roads around the weird accident place are closed.”
“If I don't remember wrong, Sehun mentioned something with the police walking around the area and are looking for witnesses.”
“I see, but no one knows what truly happened, right?”
“Not what we know, but someone might do.”
“But if it's only one or two persons, then I don't think they will be able to convince everyone else that what they saw was an angel.”
“I hope so, since we don't want Baekhyun to get involved in any more trouble.”
“Here you go Chanyeol, some fresh tea and some sandwiches. And here you go Suho, a refill cup of tea.”
“Thank you D.O.”
“Yeah, thank you. You don't have to do this since I do got maids and chefs you know.”
“I don't like to sit around and do nothing... It's not my thing you know.”
“Why do I get a feeling that I have heard something similar like that before?”
“You mean: It ain't my style?”
“Ah! That's it! Where have I heard that from?!”
“I think you're thinking about Sehun's friend's friend.”
“Urgh... You mean Kris, right?”
“Yep, Kris.”
“He's tall... like Chanyeol.”
“Yeah, someone said we even looked like twins...”

 

They all went silent for a while before they laughed a little and tried to not take everything too serious at the moment. After all, a lot of things has happened and none of them has the power to be serious right now. It's still hard to believe what happened yesterday and it all feels like a fairy tale. But they all know that everything they saw happened and right now, upstairs in one of the guestrooms is Baekhyun lying, exhausted and still hurt.

 

How is Baekhyun doing?”
“Sehun is watching over him, but it looks like he's not getting better for now.”
“Is it getting worse? His fever I mean?”
“I think his fever affects him more now than what it did earlier today. He could at least move around earlier, now he can barely move.”
“I will go and look after him right away-”
“Eat your food first and drink something. You're not in a hurry anyway and it doesn't matter if you go up there now or some minutes later because nothing will change.”
“D.O is right Chanyeol, there is nothing we can do. For now, let's just watch over him and hope that he will get better soon again.”

 

Chanyeol held in a sigh as he nodded a little carefully and decided to eat up his food. D.O won't let him go if he doesn't eat up the sandwiches he made. Plus, Suho seems to think that Chanyeol should take a rest and not worry too much about Baekhyun. But how is he supposed to not worry about the boy?

 

Baekhyun's P.O.V

My body hurts...”
“I know Baekhyun, but take it easy. I-It will get better.”
“What if... I'm dying?”
“No, you're not dying. Don't say that, you will worry the others.”
“I'm dying...”
“No you're not, did you even hear me say that you're not dying?”
“I don't want to die...”
“You're not dying hyung.”

 

Sehun desperately tried to calm Baekhyun down as he lied in his bed and just cried. Baekhyun has been crying for hours, he can't remember when he stopped to cry. His whole body is feeling so warm and he's sweating, but if he pulls down the blanket, he will start to freeze and feel cold yet he's sweating like he's warm.

His head is spinning, he can't think clear and his throat is getting dry. His head is hurting, his arms are hurting, his legs are hurting, everything are hurting and he can't stand it. Baekhyun feels like crying all the time and he can barely move his body anymore. Is it really like this to be sick?

 

Hyung? Are you still there?”
“I can't move...”
“I know, you said that before too.”
“Where is Chanyeol...?”
“He's sleeping or eating, I'm not sure.”
“Is everyone alright?”
“Everyone is alright, so you don't have to cry.”
“Everything hurts.”
“I know hyung, I know.”
“I can't move...”
“I know that too hyung and I wish I could do something for you.”
“I'm thirsty...”
“Then I will go and get you a glass of water. Wait here, okay?”
“Okay...”

 

Baekhyun let Sehun walk out of the room and closed the door behind him. Baekhyun sighed painfully as he closed his eyes and tried to stop the pain that is all over his body. Baekhyun almost feel asleep when he heard the door get open as he opened his eyes as well.

 

Someone wanted a glass of water, yes?”
“C-Chanyeol...?”
“Yes, it's me sweetie.”

 

Baekhyun felt how he smiled, he somewhat felt a little better now. Chanyeol came in and put down the glass of water before he helped Baekhyun to sit up straight. Baekhyun feels so much better already.

 

Here, drink carefully.”
“I can't move.”
“Don't worry, I will help you.”

 

Chanyeol helped Baekhyun to drink some water that was cold and it felt really good. Baekhyun wanted to pour the cold water over him as warm he feels, but he would start to freeze from it as well.

 

Wow, you're really warm. Are you really feeling okay?”
“I... I feel sick...”
“You told me you never been sick before.”
“Once... when we met...”
“Oh right, that's true.”
“But not like this... Everything hurts... I only cry... What's wrong with me?”

 

Baekhyun cried as Chanyeol sat down beside him and embraced him carefully. Baekhyun leaned his head against Chanyeol who wasn't as warm as him, but it still felt good. Baekhyun closed his eyes as he breathed out the warm air and breathed in cooler air.

 

Are you feeling better now?”
“Mm... I do... You're here...”
“I haven't done anything different from Sehun...”
“I know... But you're here... Thank you... for saving me...”
“Yah, you saved Kai and Sehun and a lot of other people yesterday.”
“But you saved me in the end too... Thank you...”
“Of course I would save you... I can't let you die...”
“I don't want to die...”
“I don't think no one actually wants to die...”

 

Chanyeol mumbled as Baekhyun tried to nod a little. Baekhyun almost feel asleep where they sat, but before he got the chance, he sensed something weird. Baekhyun opened his eyes and stared at the window, how fast did that go? Baekhyun was about to open his mouth when the window got opened by itself and Chanyeol literally hugged Baekhyun's startled.

 

W-Who's there?!””
“Calm down... He won't hurt us...”
“H-He...?”

 

Chanyeol stared at the window as Baekhyun nodded. He's sure that this person won't hurt them at all. No, he can't hurt them. He would never hurt them.

 


Ayo guys! How you doing?! ^.^

Okay, so when I wrote this chapter I felt like writing it all silly and just weird in the beginning, like you might have noticed. Though I didn't want to write only silly things, like you noticed in the end of the chapter. ^.^

Well, that was all I actually had to say! Thank you all for supporting this fiction and reading it! I appreciate it all and it means a lot to me! ^.^

Subs, comments and upvotes are very well appreciated, but up to you! It's not a must though, so feel free to do as you please! ^.^

Else I will see you next time, until then take care! Bye bye and have a nice day/night/evening/morning/afternoon! ^.^

Peace and love to you all! <3