Chapter # o4 - Road Trip

The Black Hole - a new Boy Group, or so you think.

 

I'm back! Sorry for making you wait for so long, exams were up and I was busy with my other apply story. =.=

So yea, hope you'll enjoy this new update. xD

 

- Chapter # o4 -
 
♥♤♣♢♥♤♣♢♥♤♣♢♥♤♣♢♥♤♣♢♥♤♣♢♥♤♣♢♥♤♣♢♥♤♣♢♥♤♣♢ 
 
"ROAD TRIP!" The members cheered merrily. 
 
 
Yen was the one who took liberty in stuffing her suitcases into the trunk of the company's van before reaching over to take the other members own suitcases as Jae helped her out. 
 
 
Everyone smiled wryly to each other. After being grounded inside their dorm, without stepping outside the building for almost a whole month, being happy to step on the cemented pavement and able to breath the fresh air, was an understatement to say the least.
 
 
"Where's Kyu-unnie and JaeHye-unnie?" Apple asked, looking around.
 
 
"Oh, they are already in the MT site," Jae answered, as she closed the trunk.
 
 
"Huh? Then who would take us there then?" Kay asked, while raising an eyebrow.
 
 
"Don't tell me, we're the ones gonna be driving ourselves all the way there?" Juu gasped.
 
 
"Do we even know where the MT site is?" Snow piped in.
 
 
"Why do I always get the feeling that every time we go on an outing we get ourselves in trouble?" Yuji spoke up, to no one in particular.
 
 
"Kids, calm down. We won't get lost. Kyu and JaeHye-unnie gave me a map to the location site. So no worries," Yen tried to calm everyone.
 
 
"A map? What kind of games are they trying to pull here?" Devon snapped.
 
 
"Leadership training, obviously. To see if Zee here, could lead the group to safety," Yuji smirked.
 
 
"We're doomed," Juu, Devon and Apple said in unison.
 
 
"Ya! I may be bad with directions, but I don't that much," Zee pouted.
 
 
"Okay, ignoring Zee's bad sense of direction, where are we headed to anyway?" Apple asked.
 
 
"Jeollanam-do," Yen answered.
 
 
Zee frowned, "That's like a 5-6 hour drive by car!" 
 
 
"Your point?" Yen raised an eyebrow at her.
 
 
"I'm not driving," Zee proclaimed.
 
 
The other members frowned in return. "This is leadership training, you're supposed to lead us to the right destination," Jae pointed-out.
 
 
"I know, but still. I'm not driving that far," Zee answered with a grin.
 
 
"And why's that?" Kay asked, tilting her head.
 
 
Zee grinned, "I have an attention span of a fly, you wouldn't dare let me drive for that long, right?"
 
 
There was silence as the other members nodded at Zee's way of reasoning.
 
 
"Okay, point taken." Yuji nodded in agreement.
 
 
"So who drives?" Snow asked.
 
 
Everyone shifted their eyes on Yen who sighed, "Fine, I'll drive then."
 
 
"As expected from Yen-unnie, unlike someone else," Juu commented, narrowing her eyes towards Zee who shrugs.
 
 
"Hey, if you want to die in my hands, I don't mind driving at all," Zee smirked.
 
 
Apple's eyes widen, "I think I'll save myself an early death, and let Yen-unnie drive thank you very much."
 
 
"I don't want to die in your hands of all people, no way in hell," Devon added and went in the van as the others followed suit.
 
 
Zee pouted at them all, "You brats are mean sometimes, you know that?"
 
 
"It's okay unnie, they were just joking around," Snow tried to console her, making Zee grin.
 
 
"Aigoo, I can always count on you to keep me happy Rin," Zee grinned, as she gave Snow a big bear hug making the latter regret trying to cheer her unnie up.
 
 
After filing into the car, they finally began the long trip to Soyool Village, Yeosu, Jeollanam-do and Yen drove carefully to everyones relief. 
 
 
At front on the driver seat sat Yen, next to her sat Jae who held the map. In the second row sat Juu and Snow who was a little awkward together but nonetheless was civil, then on the next row sat Yuji and Kay who just sat in comfortable silence listening to their iPods. At the back, there sat Zee, Devon and Apple who busy themselves with munching some treats.
 
 
♥♤♣♢♥♤♣♢♥♤♣♢♥♤♣♢♥♤♣♢♥♤♣♢♥♤♣♢♥♤♣♢♥♤♣♢♥♤♣♢ 
 
 
HALF A HOUR LATER
 
 
"Are we there yet," came Devon's question of pure boredom.
 
 
"Not quite," answered Yen as she turned a corner.
 
 
"Are we there yet?" Devon asked again.
 
 
"Not yet," Yen answered.
 
 
"Are we there yet?" She asked yet again.
 
 
"No," came Yen's irritated answer.
 
 
"Are we there ye-" but before Devon can finish her sentence Jae cut her off.
 
 
"Not yet and please do shut it!" Jae hissed at her, before Yen would lose it.
 
 
Devon merely smirked, "Are. We. There. Yet?" Devon asked, emphasizing on every word to tick Jae and Yen off.
 
 
"For heavensakes Dee! Can you please be quiet! Yen's trying to drive here," Jae yelled at her, turning around to glare at the fake maknae who in returned gave Jae an innocent smile, as Zee and Apple tried to hold in their laughter.
 
 
"But I was just barely inquiring if whether we arrived or not," was Dee's smart- of a reply as Zee and Apple doubled off laughing. Jae was almost just inches in stranggling her and the other two baboons, as she tried her best to remain her cool as she continued to stare at the map, directing Yen on which way to go.
 
 
"Are we there yet?" Devon asked again.
 
 
But everyone just choose to ignore her, seeing she's being an annoying brat.
 
 
"Are we there yet?" Zee decided to join in the fun.
 
 
And still everyone ignored them.
 
 
"Are we there yet?" Apple repeated, grinning.
 
 
There was still no reply.
 
 
"Are we there yet??" They all asked again, at the same time.
 
 
"..."
 
 
"Are weeeee theerrreee yeeettt???" 
 
 
"OKAY THAT'S IT, STOP THE CAR, WE'RE KICKING THEM OFF!"
 
 
♥♤♣♢♥♤♣♢♥♤♣♢♥♤♣♢♥♤♣♢♥♤♣♢♥♤♣♢♥♤♣♢♥♤♣♢♥♤♣♢ 
 
 
ONE HOUR LATER
 
 
Juu leaned her forehead against the cool glass of her window and closed her eyes, getting ready to nestle back into her seat. After the long sermon from Jae towards Devon for being such a pain, she was finally been rewarded some silence.
 
 
"NINETY NINE THOUSAND BOTTLES OF BEERS ON THE WALL! NINETY NINE THOUSAND BOTTLES OF BEERS! YOU TAKE –" Zee's loud belting jolted her out of her reverie and she smacked her forehead against the window with a thud.
 
 
Or not.
 
 
"From Devon to this?" Yen mumbled in misery.
 
 
Yuji groaned. "She's always like this. Put her in a car and she's like a hyperactive dog. She'll hang her head out the window right now and stick out her tongue if she wasn't afraid of getting it frozen off - ZEE, WILL YOU SHUT UP ALREADY?"
 
 
Zee ignored her, bobbing her head to and fro, as she continued to sang, now along with Devon and Apple who thought it was a fun thing to do or they just wanted to annoy the others. "NINETY EIGHT NINE HUNDRED AND NINE BOTTLES OF BEER ON THE WALL! NINETY EIGHT –"
 
 
Jae growled, "I'm tempted to boot them out of the car while it's still moving. Like, really, kick them out." Yen only nodded in agreement as she kept her eyes on the road.
 
 
"Can I?" Juu asked eagerly.
 
 
"Make them stop already," Kay groaned, covering her ears in hope of rescuing them from the silly trio's out-of-key singing. She much prefered Devon's annoying questions of 'Are we there yet' instead of all three of them singing like a broken record.
 
 
Snow bit her lip helplessly. As much as she loved her members, her head was ready to split from their off-key singing. As if to emphasize the point, their voice broke as they crooned the next verse. Involuntary shivers swept over her and she bent over to rummage through the bag of snacks Yen had brought along. "Here, guys, have a lollipop."
 
 
They shut up.
 
 
♥♤♣♢♥♤♣♢♥♤♣♢♥♤♣♢♥♤♣♢♥♤♣♢♥♤♣♢♥♤♣♢♥♤♣♢♥♤♣♢ 
 
 
ONE AND A HALF HOUR LATER
 
 
"EIGHT THOUSAND BOTTLES OF BEER ON THE WALL! EIGHT THOUSAND BOTTLES OF BEER!"
 
 
Juu rammed her head repeatedly against the window. Kay closed her eyes tightly, trying to block out the noise. Yuji had her earphones in full volume. Yen's fingers were clenched tightly on the wheel. Jae was on a verge of killing people. "Snow, give them another lollipop, please," she said desperately.
 
 
"I can't. They ate them all," Snow moaned.
 
 
"Can I knock them out now?" Juu offered.
 
 
"Or kill them?" Kay added, hopefully.
 
 
They suddenly stopped singing.
 
 
"Thank god!" 
 
 
"We need to go pee."
 
 
♥♤♣♢♥♤♣♢♥♤♣♢♥♤♣♢♥♤♣♢♥♤♣♢♥♤♣♢♥♤♣♢♥♤♣♢♥♤♣♢ 
 
 
HALF AN HOUR LATER
 
 
They pulled into a resting stop for a bathroom break and Zee, Apple and Devon practically ripped open the door before the car came to a stop, dashing off to the comfort room as fast as they can.
 
 
Yuji mused, "After all these years I've known Zee, she still acts like, well, a kid. Maybe she had some traumatic experience when she was in the second grade and kept the same mindset all these years."
 
 
Juu shook her head stonily. "That wouldn't explain her exuberant passion for annoying the hell out of all of us."
 
 
"And she even had Devon and Apple as her annoying side-kicks." Jae frowned, crossing her arms together.
 
 
Snow shuffled her feet. "Maybe they just had too much . . . sugar or something for the last couple of. . .months."
 
 
"Can we just leave them here? Can we? Huh? Huh?" Kay pleaded. "We can call a taxi for them later." Yen actually seemed to be putting some thought into the notion.
 
 
Snow hurriedly said, "Uh, I'm going to head to the toilet too, okay?"
 
 
Kay's face fell.
 
 
As she went inside the welcome center, she sighed as she saw the ever present long line in front of the women's bathroom. Oh jeez. She patiently waited for her turn at the end of the line, humming softly to herself. 
 
 
A little girl her thumb stared up at her with big brown doe-like eyes. Snow grinned down at her. "Hey there." She loved little kids as long as they didn't try to pull her hair out. The girl continued to focus her intense gaze on Snow. 
 
 
Snow chuckled slightly and stared at the large pink bow in the girl's hair. 'Oh, I remember those. My mom used to dress me up in those frilly dresses and attach these hair thingies in my hair. Damn, those things were half the size of my head. Could have blocked out my whole face. Heck, it could have blocked the hole in the ozone layer.'
 
 
The little girl caught her attention again as she tottered over to the side of a tall pretty Korean woman and asked loudly, "Umma, why is a boy going to a girl's bathroom?"
 
 
Huh? Where? Must be some kind of a freak.
 
 
Snow glanced around, eyes narrowing in search for the weirdo.
 
 
"Shhh . . . just because someone looks like a boy doesn't mean she's not a girl. Now be quiet and don't bother other people again, honey." The woman looked up and smiled apologetically at Snow. Snow smiled back automatically in return. 
 
 
Then she faltered. Oh, stupid. You're the freak, Snow! Mentally slapping herself, she quickly step out of line and hurried out of the building.
 
 
The mother shook her head disapprovingly at her daughter, "Now look at what you've done. You've hurt the poor girl's feelings. This is why we must never judge a book by its cover, right?"
 
 
"Yes, Mommy," the girl replied, solemnly playing with her braid.
 
 
♥♤♣♢♥♤♣♢♥♤♣♢♥♤♣♢♥♤♣♢♥♤♣♢♥♤♣♢♥♤♣♢♥♤♣♢♥♤♣♢ 
 
 
YET ANOTHER HALF HOUR LATER
 
 
"You took pretty long in the bathroom. Number two, huh?" Jae said.
 
 
Snow turned red and cleared . "Uh, yeah."
 
 
"Did you have diarrhea or were you just constipated?" Apple asked.
 
 
Snow blanched. "Uh, no."
 
 
"Just normal?" Juu asked, raising an eyebrow.
 
 
"Yeah." Snow nodded.
 
 
"You know, the other day, I ate something really bad. I had a huge stomachache and was on the can for nearly half the day," Zee mused.
 
 
"Really? What did you eat?" Devon frowned.
 
 
"I really have no idea. At first I thought it might be those peanut butter and pickle sandwiches but I've been eating them since forever. So then, I figured it must be the honey dipped mozzarella sticks –"
 
 
"Can't be. Maybe it was that old slice of pizza with anchovies you refused to throw out." Yuji pointed out.
 
 
"But it tasted so good!" Zee defended.
 
 
"But it looked a tad green," Yen commented.
 
 
"It even smelled kinda funky," Kay added.
 
 
Snow started to pale. She hasn't gotten carsick since she was five, but she wasn't so sure about her stomach's endurance anymore.
 
 
♥♤♣♢♥♤♣♢♥♤♣♢♥♤♣♢♥♤♣♢♥♤♣♢♥♤♣♢♥♤♣♢♥♤♣♢♥♤♣♢ 
 
FORTY FIVE MINUTES LATER
 
 
Yen peered up at the window. "Hey, it's snowing." 
 
 
Snow immediately opened her eyes and stopped holding her stomach. Pressing her nose to the window, she peered out into the darkening sky at the fuzzy billowing of snowflakes. Dancing down onto the road, a thin white film was already forming.
 
 
"It's so pretty! I hope it snows a lot. I haven't made a snowman for a long time." Kay leaned her head back happily against the headrest. Jae and Yen sent her a sidelong glance before refocusing their attention on the road again.
 
 
"Screw snowmans! Let's have an all out snowball battle!" Devon babbled excitedly.
 
 
"Snowball battle? I'm in!" Zee agreed as she and Devon high-fived.
 
 
"No, you like to add ice to yours. They freaking hurt," Yuji snapped.
 
 
"Okay, you can be on my team then," Zee grinned.
 
 
"I don't want to be on your team," Yuji grumbled, moving away from her friend.
 
 
Zee tried to embrace her by the back, jabbing a finger at her. "Short brown haired girl who looks like a boy at my front, I choose you!" Zee cheered.
 
 
"I'm not on your team!" Yuji elbowed her away and they started whacking each other.
 
 
♥♤♣♢♥♤♣♢♥♤♣♢♥♤♣♢♥♤♣♢♥♤♣♢♥♤♣♢♥♤♣♢♥♤♣♢♥♤♣♢ 
 
 
TWENTY MINUTES LATER
 
 
Kay was starting to regret her wish. It was really coming down hard now. Every time the windshield swiped across, more snow piled down. She couldn't even see outside her window anymore. Jae cursed underneath her breath as Yen slowed the car down to almost a crawl.
 
 
Zee frowned, serious for once. "Hey, maybe we should find a hotel or something to check into for the night. We really shouldn't continue driving in this kind of weather."
 
 
"That's the best idea you've said all day," Jae said.
 
 
"Of course, my life is at stake."
 
 
Yen continued to drive until they finally saw a faint glowing red VACANCY sign. They pulled into the parking lot, grabbed some of their stuff, and ran to the dingy motel. By the time they stamped the snow off their shoes, the members had taken a good look at the place and they weren't pleased. 
 
 
Juu's lip nearly curling with displeasure, she said disgustedly, "This isn't a hotel."
 
 
"No, it's a motel," Apple said. All members stared at her.
 
 
Snow said cautiously, "But is it the same as a hotel?"
 
 
"Um, yeah. Sort of. I mean, you can still rent rooms here." Jae answered, while scratching her head.
 
 
They sighed in relief. Devon said tiredly, "Can't wait to take a shower, break out the mini-bar and watch some movies."
 
 
Apple took a look at her surroundings and noted the peeling wallpapers. No, this definitely isn't a five-star hotel. She shifted uneasily. "Um, I don't think this motel has a mini bar. . .much less cable TV."
 
 
They stared at her in alarm. "What kind of a backward place are we in?" Juu asked in alarm, she was born in a wealthy family so of course she was taken a back of the revelation.
 
 
Devon said grumpily, "Do they at least have a shower?"
 
 
Apple resisted the urge to laugh. "Yes." At least she thinks so.
 
 
They stepped up to the counter and rang the bell. A thin zombie-like man with yellow sallow skin, long stringy hair and bloodshot eyes stared at them. "You rang?"
 
 
Zee resisted the urge to hum the Adams' Family tune and smiled brightly. "Yeah, we'll like to rent some rooms."
 
 
Yen nodded. "Nine, to be exact."
 
 
The man croaked, "We only have one vacancy."
 
 
The nine members stared at him.
 
 
Juu demanded, "One? But we have nine people."
 
 
The man shrugged slowly. "Share the room."
 
 
Devon's eyes flared, all the sugar was off her system as crankiness took over. "Listen, pal, we said we have nine people. At least give us four rooms. We have the money to pay."
 
 
The man shrugged again, "Only one room. No more."
 
 
All members minus Yen, looked ready to throttle the man. Yen placed her hand on Devon and Juu's arm to calm them down since they were the ones who was glaring daggers at the spooky looking man in pure hatred. "We'll take it."
 
 
Yuji sighed and rolled her eyes. "Let's go then. Send the bill up." She started to take the key but the man pulled it away.
 
 
"Pay up first."
 
 
Yuji cracked her knuckles furiously and closed her eyes tightly. After taking a few deep breaths, she pulled out a credit card. The man shook his head again, "Cash only."
 
 
She chewed on the inside of her cheek and pulled out her wallet. The maknae's eyes popped open as they stared at the stacks of bills in it. They also noticed that the others didn't even bat an eyelash.
 
 
♥♤♣♢♥♤♣♢♥♤♣♢♥♤♣♢♥♤♣♢♥♤♣♢♥♤♣♢♥♤♣♢♥♤♣♢♥♤♣♢ 
 
So what cha think? xD
 
I know, I know. Poor babies, getting to sleep on a weird- motel. But it's fun like that. xD
 
And oooh! I have a question for you all! Please answer the poll below. ;D