5.

Cold Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

5.

 

“Mommy, can I buy more chocolate?” Hara looked at her mother cutely as they walked hand in hand to the convenience store.

Shin Hye was smiling lovingly at Hara as she looked down at her.

“No, baby. We are getting some potatoes and veggies. You have been eating chocolate since yesterday and not eating your veggies. Unless you promise me you will eat your veggies only mommy will buy you chocolate.”

Hara pouted cutely. “Alright, I will eat my veggies after this but you have to buy me strawberry juice too.”

Shin Hye chuckled softly. “Of course you can have strawberry juices.”

“I want jelly too!”

“My baby is really demanding today.”

“Please mommy!” Hara looked at her mother as she clasped her hands together.

Shin Hye nodded as she took her daughter hand again as they walked into the convenience store.

Yong Hwa who was inside his car could not help to feel jealous of their closeness. If only he never push her away back then, maybe he was also becoming part of them. He sighed deeply as he waited them coming out from the store. No matter how much he wanted to face them, he was still a coward. He could never look into her daughter eyes. He once denied her and even asked Shin Hye to throw her away from their life. How was that possible for him to just approach, maybe his daughter never even care if he suddenly appeared infront of them.

Few minutes later, they walked out from the store. Yong Hwa slightly opened the door of the car when he saw they were getting closer to his car. He just wanted to hear a glimpse of his daughter voice.

“Hara!” He could hear Shin Hye calling the little girl’s name. “What do you want to have for dinner tonight?”

“I want to eat meat like grandma made the other day.”

Yong Hwa closed his eyes tightly when he could get to hear her soft voice.

“Hara..”

Sound of soft laugh suddenly filled his ears. Slowly he opened his eyes and saw Hara was running ahead of Shin Hye leaving the young mother behind.

“Hara, wait for mommy!” Shin Hye yelled as she tried to catch up with her daughter pace.

He could hear Hara was giggling as she kept looking back at her mother and beckoning Shin Hye to come faster. Yong Hwa kept on staring them until they were no longer at his sight.

***

“Thanks, man!” Chanyeol carefully got Hara from Min Hyuk arms. “I forgot that my class finish late today.”

“No big deal. Just give me a call when you need help. Hara is my niece too.” Min Hyuk said as he helped Chanyeol and opened the door for him.

“Let’s have a drink next time.” Chanyeol said before he excused himself. “Hara, say goodbye to uncle Min Hyuk.”

Hara bade her goodbye too at Min Hyuk as she waved back at him.

“Uncle Chanyeol, are we going to mommy’s place?” Hara asked when she got familiarise with the road they were heading to.

“Why? You don’t want to go there?”

Hara shook her head furiously. “No. I don’t want to disturb mommy while she is still working.”

Chanyeol smiled as he patted the little girl head. “So, where do you want to go?”

“Can we go eat fish cake again?”

“You want to eat fish cake?”

Hara nodded as she smiled at her favourite uncle.

“Alright, let’s go to Myeondeong Street!”

Chanyeol pulled over his car and changed his direction heading to the famous street in Seoul.

***

“Dad!” Shin Hye slowly approached her father who was solemnly staring at the document she just handed to him.

Mr. Park looked up and caught her daughter staring at him.

“What is it?”

“I want to take a day off tomorrow. I need to attend Hara event at her new school.”

“How is she? Did she manage to make friends?” Mr. Park asked worriedly.

Shin Hye slowly shook her head. “She is having difficulties socialising with other kids. You know she cannot speak Korean.”

“You should have taught her earlier.” Mr. Park said. “Alright but I want to see our latest expenses statistic soon.”

“Yes, dad!”

Shin Hye was about to excused herself when suddenly Mr. Park stopped her.

“Last time, I asked you about Hara’s father, you did not answer me. Now I am asking you again, does he know you are in Korea already?”

 “No, dad!” She lied.

“Good! I don’t want both of you to go near him. I hope you still remember what he had done to you six years ago.”

***

Yong Hwa finished his work earlier than he usually did that day. He hastily put all his stuffs inside his briefcase and grabbed his keys and went to his assistant’s desk.

“Kwangsoo, I am going. Any calls for me just directly pass it to me. I need to go now.”

“You have a dinner with Mr. Yoo this night at SK Hotel.” Kwangsoo reminded his boss.

“I almost forgot that. Thanks anyways.”

Yong Hwa quickly made his way to the basement and drove his car heading to Gyeonggi and parked his car near the playground. For weeks, Yong Hwa went to that place and spent few hours just to see Hara playing at the playground. Sometimes, she was with Chanyeol, and the other day he saw Shin Hye was with her.

And today, he was going to do the same things too. He just wante

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter