2.

Cold Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

2.

“Mommy, can I go out with uncle Chanyeol?” Hara ran to her mother, followed by Chanyeol.

“Where you guys going?” Shin Hye asked as she looked at Chanyeol.

“Just strolling around the city. Do you want to join us?”

Shin Hye shook her head and knelt infront of her daughter. “Be good to your uncle. Don’t ask him to buy things for you, okay.”

Hara nodded before she placed a kiss on her mother cheek.

“Alright, mommy. I’ll see you later.”

Hara ran back to Chanyeol and waved at her mother before they left the house.

Shin Hye sighed deeply. Her father just left the house too for business meeting while ago. And now, Chanyeol and Hara also went out leaving her alone at home with maids.

She took out her phone and punched few numbers. She bit her lip as she waited for her call to be answer.

“Hello. Kang’s residence.”

A soft yet familiar voice greeted her as soon the call was answered.

“Hello..” She greeted again. “Who is this?”

“Mum.. It’s me. Shin Hye..”

“Shin Hye? Omo! When did you come back? Where are you right now?”

Shin Hye could felt the excitement in that voice which made her to chuckle softly.

“Mum, I just arrived this morning. Sorry, I didn’t call you earlier.”

She felt guilty out of sudden. Eversince her parent divorce years ago, Shin Hye had decided to stay with her father when her mother told them she was going to marry Kang Seung Hyun. A widower she met few months after the divorce.

“It’s okay, Shin Hye-yah. Call me when you are free.”

“Mum, I am planning to see you later with Hara. Is that possible?”

“Really?”

Shin Hye nodded though she knew her mother did not see it.

“Just come later, Shin Hye-yah. I will cook something delicious for you.”

“Yes, mum..”

***

Mrs. Kang immediately dashed to the kitchen as soon she ended her call with her daughter. Min Hyuk saw her stepmother walking hurriedly to the kitchen with a bright smile plastered on her face. He instantly followed her and saw her started to taking out the food and ingredients from the refrigerator.

“Mum.. Do you need help?” Min Hyuk asked as he walked closer to her.

Mrs. Kang looked up and smiled earnestly at the younger lad. “Min Hyuk-ah, Shin Hye is coming back. She will be visiting us later with her daughter.”

Suddenly a figure of lovely young lady popped up in his mind. Park Shin Hye is the younger daughter of his stepmother. They were used to be close before Shin Hye flew to London six years ago.

“How is she doing, mum?”

“She sounds fine.” Mrs. Kang grinned happily as she started to chop the veggies. “Min Hyuk-ah, can you help me marinate the beef? Shin Hye really loves to eat marinated beef.”

Min Hyuk nodded and happily helped her.

“Her daughter must have grown up a lot? This will be your first time meeting her again after six years. How do you feel?”

Mrs. Kang smiled sweetly as she continued chopping the veggies. Of course, she was happy. Her daughter that she longed for was now coming back. When she remarried, she realised that her children had becoming distant to her. Choa decided to take care the Park’s business in London, Shin Hye followed her sister path right away and Chanyeol, his only son, preferred to be with his dad.

“I am happy. Min Hyuk-ah, call your dad. Tell him we are going to have a visitor tonight.”

She was sure, her husband would be also be glad to know her younger daughter was here.

***

London, 2008

Shin Hye was speechless to see her mother at the front door with her stepfather. She was heavily pregnant. She was on her seven months pregnancy and no one from her family knew about it excep

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter