Seventeen

Cold Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

17.

“Daddy..” Hara looked up at Yong Hwa worriedly before her eyes eyeing on Shin Hye again. “Is mommy going to be alright?”

“Mommy must be really sick.” She said again, tightly clung her hands on his neck.

Yong Hwa smiled earnestly at his only daughter as he placed a soft kiss on her cheek.

“Mommy will fine. She just needs more rest.”

Hara simply nodded her head. Her gazes fell on the doctor busily examined Shin Hye before she turned around to face Yong Hwa again.

“Daddy, I think we should just cancel our plan going to Hong Kong.” The little girl suggested.

Yong Hwa smiled faintly as he eyed on his daughter and placed another kiss on her forehead.

“Mommy needs to rest more.” Hara pouted cutely. “I want to take care of mommy later.”

“Alright, darling. We will take care of mommy together.”

“Mr. Jung!”

Yong Hwa immediately turned around to face their family doctor and saw she was smiling brightly towards them.

“High fever. Nothing to worry about. She just needs plenty of rest.”

Yong Hwa sighed in relief, at the same time glancing on Shin Hye who was staring at them weakly with a lovely smile plastered on her face.

“But I still need to talk to you privately, Yong Hwa.”

He carefully put Hara down and ushered the little girl to join Shin Hye instead as he assisted her out from their bedroom.

***

Hara settled herself next to Shin Hye with her tiny arms already circling around her tiny waist. Shin Hye chuckled softly as she helped Hara to arrange the blanket and pulled it to cover their body.

“Mommy, you should continue sleeping. I will sing you a song.” Hara said, gently patting Shin Hye’s arm. “I don’t want you to get sick.”

“Come here, baby. Let sleep together.”

“I really miss you, mommy. I was waiting for you last night but ended up fell asleep.” Hara grinned sheepishly as she stared at Shin Hye lovingly.

Shin Hye looked at her daughter fondly with her hand weakly caressing her soft hairs.

“I am sorry, baby. Mommy should come and see you last night but mommy was really tired last night.”

“It is okay, mommy. You should sleep more. I don’t like seeing you like this.”

***

Yong Hwa looked at the doctor nervously as he trying to put a smile on his face even he could feel his heart was beating wildly.

“She seemed to be really stressed out about something and this is not good for her.” She explained. “I really hope you can take care of her. Her blood pressure dropped drastically that was why she fainted earlier.”

“I advice you to focus more on her health, Mr. Jung.”

“Sure, doctor.” Yong Hwa uttered as he leads her to the main door.

“I already prescribe her with multivitamin and make sure she eat them accordingly.”

***

“Starting from today, Shin Hye was no longer part of our committee. She no longer has any right to any of our official or non-official matters so everything should have refer to me for any approval.” Mr. Park exclaimed firmly making everyone in the room gasped.

Ye Seung, the new appointed lawyer quietly stand behind Mr. Park as she gingerly taking notes on his words.

“Sir, how about our new project in Australia? It was handled by Ms. Park and the first phase of the project should be starting in two months.” One of the committee asked.

“Everything that was handled by Shin Hye earlier will be taken over by me. Anyone still having a doubt on these?”

Mr. Park seemed to be satisfied when no one had raised more questions on him and told them to go back to their workplace.

“Ye Seung, have you finished with the document that I asked you to prepare?”

“Not yet, sir. They should be ready before end of this month.”

“Good to hear t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter