Fourteen

Cold Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

14.

“Yong, about the wedding-” Shin Hye uttered softly when they were alone in the mansion, while Hara had gone see sighting with the older Jungs.

Yong Hwa moved his gazes and focused on her with his curling lips. He could not even hide his excitement since Shin Hye had announcement her agreement to the wedding. Shin Hye smiled nervously when their gazes met as she took her deep breath.

“I just want a simple wedding.” She blurted out. “I just want a wedding that will be attends by us. Hara and your grandparents. That is enough for me.”

“Are you sure about that?”

Shin Hye nodded. “I am scared if my dad will found out about this marriage.”

Yong Hwa smiled fondly as he took her hand. “I promise I will protect you and Hara. Leave it to me, Shin.”

“Thank you, Yong-”

“Thank you for what?” Yong Hwa had his brows furrowed as he stared at her lovely face.

“For everything. For coming back to our life. Thank you for accepting Hara in your life.” Shin Hye said with her eyes starting to get misty. “I am glad you never give up on me.”

“How can I give up on you, Shin? You are love of my life. I should be thankful to you. You accepted me back in your life when you can find your own happiness. Thank you, Shin, for keeping Hara safe. I am sorry I never been there when you and Hara need me the most. I am sorry.”

Yong Hwa took her hands and pressed his lips on the back of her hands.

“I love you so much, Shin. I really love you.” Yong Hwa murmured while his lips were still on her hands.

***

“Grandma!” Hara giggled softly. “I am hungry.”

“You are already hungry? Hara we just have our lunch.” Mrs. Jung looked at the little girl in disbelief.

Hara grinned cutely showing her pearly teeth at her. “The food is so good. I want to eat more.”

Mr. Jung let out his chuckles and urged his wife to buy more food for their great granddaughter.

“Let her eat. She never eat street food.” Mr. Jung uttered when he noticed Hara was eyeing the fish cakes sold along the street. “She really took after Yong Hwa. I still remember when Yong Hwa always asking for fish cakes after school.”

“Do you want fish cakes?” Mrs. Jung asked the little girl. “.. or anything you want to eat?”

“I want to eat all!.” Hara answered enthusiastically. “I want to fish cakes, Japchae, Hotdogs, egg breads. I want everything.”

“Omo~ who taught you that?” Mrs. Jung asked in excitement.

“Daddy! Daddy said they are his favourite so I want to try daddy’s favourite food too.” Hara said cheekily.

***

Mr. Park was enraged when he learned from Taecyeon that Shin Hye already left Seoul along with Hara. Taecyeon confirmed him since he had been spying at her house, and it was empty.

“I am sure Chanyeol also knew about this, Sir.” Taecyeon said.

“My son knew it?” Mr. Park asked in disbelief when Chanyeol was dragged into their conversation.

Taecyeon nodded solemnly. “I accidentally bumped into him with his mother and they were talking about Shin Hye leaving this country.”

“Have you checked their names at any airlines?”

Taecyeon nodded in disappointment. “Yes, Sir, but their names were not on list.”

“Are you sure, Teacyeon?” Mr. Park stared at him. “You are not lying to me?”

Taecyeon nodded again as he assured him that he could not trace his daughter, and suspected Shin Hye must be hiding somewhere before deciding to leave the country.

“Keep me updated if there is any news about Shin Hye or Hara.” Mr. Park said strictly as he excused the young man out of his office.

***

“Shin Hye, I am sorry. I could not attend your wedding.” Eun Hye sobbed over the phone when Shin Hye asking for her blessing to marry Yong Hwa. “I really want to be with you, honey, but it will be too dangerous for you and Hara.”

“Thank you, mom. I just need your blessing.” Shin Hye shed her tears away as Yong Hwa silently comforting her. “Yong Hwa is here, mom. Do you want to talk with him?”

Shin Hye slightly pushed the phone towards him. “Mom wants to talk to you.”

“Hello, Mrs. Kang.” Yong Hwa greeted her as he continued eyeing Shin Hye who was sitting next to him. “Yes, don’t worry. I will take care of your daughter and Hara.”

“Thank you for your blessing, Mrs. Kang. I am sorry for taking your daughter and Hara away from you without telling you beforehand.”

“Please make my daughter happy, Yong Hwa.” Eun Hye sobbed. “Please take care of Hara too. I am afraid Shin Hye’s father already hired people to trace them.”

“Don’t worry. I will keep your daughter and Hara safe. Thank you, Mrs. Kang for allowing me to marry Shin Hye.”

Yong Hwa immediately

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter