3.

Cold Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

3.

November 2007, Busan

“No way, Shin Hye! I am not ready for this.” Yong Hwa yelled at her who was looking at him timidly.

They were supposed to go to their favourite park but when Shin Hye broke out the news about her pregnancy, Yong Hwa immediately went berserk. He was glaring at her with his hands on his hip.

Shin Hye was already weeping at the corner of the room. She was not ready too, just like him. Things happened were so sudden and she did not expect them.

“We are too young for this. You just finish your high school. I just started my college. We can’t just marry right away.” Yong Hwa said.

“What do you want me to do, Yong? I am scared. I don’t know what to do.”

He did not know what to do too. He scratched his head as he took a deep breath. There was only one solution popped in his mind. He took a deep breath as he slowly made his way closer to her.

“Shin Hye, I know what to do with this but you have agree with me.”

She nodded innocently.

“No matter what, you have to trust me. It is not that I do not love you. I do love you so much but we are not ready for this. Just keep this between us. No one should know about this.”

She nodded again as she stared at her loving boyfriend who started to look more calm.

“We are going to abort the baby. I know a place where we can do that... I will ask Simon to help us.”

“You will stay with me, right?” Shin Hye asked.

Yong Hwa sighed heavily and nodded. He kissed on top of her head before he pulled her into his embrace.

***

Yong Hwa was leaning against the wall while waiting for Shin Hye getting her abortion surgery done. He had became nervous too when the experience doctor explained to him earlier how the abortion going to be done.

‘She must be really scared.’ He thought as he was thinking about Shin Hye inside the room. He could still remember the tears that she wiped when he was about to left her with the doctor and nurses getting ready for her surgery.

“Jung Yong Hwa-sshi!”

His name echoed throughout the alley. Yong Hwa looked up and saw the doctor who was supposed to do the surgery was standing not so far from him. He immediately rushed to him to know of how the surgery went.

“How was it? Is she fine?”

The doctor sighed heavily as he patted his shoulder.

“She is asking for you. I guess you guys need to talk again about this.”

Yong Hwa thanked the doctor as he slightly bowed to him before he went to get Shin Hye.

Shin Hye was sitting on the bed, crying so hard when she saw Yong Hwa coming in. He quickly went to her and hugged to soothe her.

“I don’t want to do this, Yong. I am scared.” She said in between her cries. “It feels like I am killing a live and our baby is innocent. I don’t think I can do this.”

“It is okay. I understand.” He slowly patted her back before he helped her to stand again. He helped putting her clothes again and assisted her to walk out from the operation room.

“I will send you home.” He said again.

***

Shin Hye was not able to sleep so she got up early. She snatched her phone beside her bed to call Yong Hwa. She was biting her lip so hard while waiting for him to answer her call. But she was left in disappointment when Yong Hwa was not answering her phone.

She started to cry again while trying to reach for Yong Hwa one more time.

While Yong Hwa was with Joon, his phone kept on ringing. He knew it was Shin Hye who was calling him early in the morning.

“Pick up your phone. Maybe she needs you.” Joon said.

Yong Hwa shrugged his shoulders. “I don’t know what to say to her. Just give me some times. I will call her if I am ready.”

“Until when? She is pregnant with your child.”

“I don’t know. Grandpa will be really angry if I tell him I made Shin Hye’s pregnant. Maybe he will ask me to marry her right away.”

“Then that should be good. You guys are so in love. What is the matter with that?”

Yong Hwa sighed deeply. “I am not yet ready to settle down.”

***

Seoul, 2014

Shin Hye looked over at her daughter who was sleeping next to him. She was in a sitting position with her knees brought closer to her chest. She could not sleep that night. Her encounter with Yong Hwa this morning made feeling uncomfortable out of sudden. She did not expect to see him in Seoul because all she knew the Jung’s family was residing in Busan.

“Hara-yah..” She whispered and carefully her daughter hairs. Hara was a complete

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter