1.

Cold Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

1.

Fulham, London.

“Hara! Are you listening to me?” Shin Hye almost raised her voice at her six years old daughter. “I told you to put all your books inside the box earlier.”

Hara, the exact replica of Shin Hye, could only pout at her mother and watched her mother putting all her story books inside the box.

“Aren’t you going to help your mommy?” Choa asked as she came out from the other room.

Hara looked up at her auntie and grinned sheepishly.

“Hara, you guys are going back to Korea this weekend. You should help your mommy packing all your things.” Choa said again.

“I don’t want to go back to Korea. I don’t know anyone there.” Hara uttered sadly.

Choa immediately knelt infront of her favourite niece and caressed her long hairs.

“Grandpa and grandma are going to be happy to see you.”

“Uncle Chanyeol is in Korea too, right?” The little girl asked.

Choa nodded. “Of course. He cannot wait to see you. He misses you so much.”

“Why don’t he come and visit us here?”

“He is busy. Now you better help your mommy packing up your things.”

Hara obediently listened to her auntie and went next to her mother.

“Shin Hye-yah! Let her do that.” Choa said when she saw her younger sister was on her knees taking out all her daughter books from the cupboard.

“She will never listen to you if you continue to help her like this.” Choa added.

Shin Hye just smiled as her eyes meet with her sister.

“It’s okay, unnie. I have done packing all my things.”

“You are spoiling her.” Choa hissed.

“After all, she is my daughter, unnie.”

Choa was feeling defeated and left the room leaving the young mother and her daughter doing their packing.

***

Shin Hye was lying flatly next to her daughter as she continued to listen to her narrating the story of her favourite book. She did not realise her lips had already curled up hearing her daughter reading her book fluently.

“Mommy..” Hara closed her book and looked at her mother.

“Yes, darling?”

“Do we really need to go back to Korea?” She asked innocently.

Shin Hye hummed as she looked at her daughter lovingly.

“Why, mommy? Why can’t we stay here? You know I don’t know anyone there. What if they don’t like me? You know I don’t know how to speak Korean.”

“Mommy misses everyone in Korea already. I thought you miss your uncle Chanyeol.”

Hara smiled sadly. “I miss uncle Chanyeol but what if grandpa and grandma don’t like me?”

“They will like you. You are my daughter. Grandpa always said he wanted to see you but he was busy.”

“But I am still scared, mommy.”

Shin Hye caressed her daughter hairs. “Don’t worry. Mommy will always be with you.”

“Promise?”

Shin Hye nodded as they linked their pinky fingers together. After the promise, Shin Hye tickled her daughter and showered her with kisses on her face which made Hara to laugh heartily as she begged Shin Hye to stop.

***

Seoul, Korea

 

“Yong Hwa, how is our business in Busan? Is the deal settle already?” Mr. Jung asked at the middle of their breakfast which made Mrs. Jung to hiss in annoyance.

Yong Hwa chuckled softly as he looked at his grandmother. He knows how much she loathed any business discussion during their meal.

“Yong Hwa-yah, just eat. Don’t bother your grandpa. You guys can always talk about business deal at the office.”

He took a bite of his sandwich before he looked up at his grandfather.

“Everything is fine. I already ask Joon to take care of that matter. I asked him to go to Busan yesterday.”

“Really? Good to hear that.” Mr. Jung said with his eyes sti

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter