Sixteen

Cold Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

16.

“I really want to tell dad about us, Yong.” Shin Hye looked at her husband nervously, at the same time anticipating his response.

“He is still my father, Yong. No matter what, he is still an important person in my life.” She added again when Yong Hwa had remained silence besides her. “I just want him to know that I am with you and we-”

Shin Hye was unable to finish her words when she saw Yong Hwa was smiling lovingly towards her.

“When do you want to tell him?” Yong Hwa asked as he put his phone away and gingerly took her hand.

Shin Hye shrugged her shoulders. She was still unsure though she had decided to tell her father about their marriage.

“I don’t know, Yong.”

“Just let me know when you are ready to meet your father. I will be there with you.” Yong Hwa smiled assuringly as he moved closer towards her, closing the gaps between them.

“Your happiness and Hara’s will always come first before anything, Shin. If you are happy, then I will be happy.” He said again as he looked straight into her eyes.

Shin Hye got her eyes teary out of sudden, feeling touched with his consideration towards her. Slowly, she leaned her body against him and brought his hand to her lips.

“I love you, Yong.”

“I love you more, Shin Hye.”

***

“Hara, come down-”

“Daddy, you should have knocked my door before coming inside my room.” Hara retorted, staring at Yong Hwa in displeased.

Yong Hwa let out his laugh as he advanced at his little girl and swept her in his arms before showering her with his kisses on her face.

“Daddy.. Daddy, please stop.” Hara giggled softly as she tried to stop her father. “Daddy, please..”

“My little girl is already grown up now even asking daddy to know the door before coming in.”

Hara grinned cheekily as she wrapped her tiny arms around his neck.

“What is mommy making downstairs?”

“I don’t know. Let’s go down together and check, baby.” He said as he put her down.

Hara was already running towards Shin Hye when the young mother was busy making her daughter favorite egg rolls.

“Mommy, I want some.” Hara looked at Shin Hye excitedly, showing her hands at her mother.

“Wait for later. Help daddy to set the table.” Shin Hye said not even looking at Hara. She chuckled softly when she had realized Hara was storming out from the kitchen and possibly pouting sulkily in protest.

Yong Hwa moved closer to Shin Hye as he put his arms around her tiny waist, not minding Shin Hye was telling him to set the table with Hara.

“She knows how to do it.”

“How is it possible? Hara is still too young to set the table by herself.” She asked, still feeling dissatisfied with his answer.

“The maids are with her. They can help her.”

Shin Hye went silence, feeling defeated at the same time as she continued making Hara’s favorite food.

“Let go out for picnic tomorrow. Hara needs to go out too to breathe and to feel the Busan.”

Shin Hye found herself frowning at his words. “Yong, did you forget already that tomorrow is Monday and Hara has to attend her school?”

Yong Hwa grinned mischievously when he realized his mistake. “Then nevermind, we can spend our time together instead after sending Hara to school.”

“We need to stay with her for a while. She needs to adjust with the new environment.”

“Alright, honey. After that, we can be together.” He suggested happily.

“Not yet, Yong. I need you to accompany me to the wet market.”

Yong Hwa pouted. “Then when we are going to have time together?”

“After I have done helping grandma making Kimchi and you have to pick Hara tomorrow.”

***

Choa was still in shock when she learned Shin Hye had married to Yong Hwa from their mother. She was expecting to see her younger sister soon she landed in Korea but when she saw Min Hyuk was fetching her up at the airport instead of Chanyeol, she immediately knew something must be going on.

“So now they are in Busan?” Choa asked as she sat at the empty space beside her mother.

Eun Hye nodded as she sighed heavily. “That is her decision. Shin Hye is big enough to make her own decision. I just want you to keep this away from your father.”

“Don’t worry, mom. He doesn’t even know that I am here.”

“You should at least tell him. He must be really missed you too.”

Choa scoffed as she stared at her mother in disbelief. “You think so, mom? He threw me away when I decided to choose you over him. I hope you still remember that.”

“Choa-yah, he is still your father, no matter what. Can you just forget it?” Eun Hye looked at her older daughter in regret. Choa must be still in pain when the subject of her father was being brought up.

“I am not like Shin Hye and Chanyeol, mom. Maybe they can easily accept dad back but not me. I still need some times.”

***

Yong Hwa smiled fondly as he advanced towards his wife who had just finished her shower and snatched away the hair dryer from her.

“I will dry your hairs.” He told her when he realized Shin Hye seemed to be in surprise with his sudden acts.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter