Failed Step 5

Alien Ahjuma's Seduction Techniques (Sequel to Seducing him in 10 steps)

Eunmi could feel her leg muscles straining to keep up with the speed she made her legs run. Her stomach was cringing from the stitches.

People from the side watched her as if she was an alien as she ran past them in top speed.

She didn't care. She had to reach the eatery before Jaejoong does. She had to save Jaejoong instead of Suhee. She HAD TO.

The eatery was a good five blocks away. But Eunmi didn't slow down or take a rest. If anything, the thought that she might really lose Jaejoong made her rum even faster.

She finally turned the corner and reached the eatery. She saw a figure of a nerdy girl crouching in the corner and waiting.

She frowned. *Suhee.* she saw another black car parked at a free parking lot beside the eatery, engine on, also waiting.

She gulped. Suhee really had everything planned out.

Just then, she saw Jaejoong trudging down the road listlessly, his eyes puffy from the crying he had done the previous night as well.

*Oh Joongie..* Eunmi flinched.

Suhee nodded discreetly to the driver. The car began advancing upon the unknowing Jaejoong, picking up speed but not enough to kill.

Eunmi could see Suhee tensing up and preparing to run out from her hiding spot.

It was now or never.

"JOONGIE!" Eunmi shrieked and pushed him on to the pavement at the other side of the road.

Everything that happened next seemed to be in slow motion.

Jaejoong gasped when he saw Eunmi running towards him, and he landed on the pavement in a blur.

He turned and saw the black car advancing to the spot he was standing seconds earlier.

Suhee came out of her hiding place and stomped her feet in anger.

The Alien Ahjuma had ruined her plans.

Eunmi heaved a sigh of relief as she saw Jaejoong safe on the pavement. *I did it! I saved Joongie!*

She watched as the black car that was initially a threat drove off, going further. She smiled in triumph.

She was planning to run into his warm embrace when she realized he was gaping at her in horror.

Because she ran out to push Jaejoong out of the right side of the road, she was now standing on the left side of the road herself, vulnerable to the cars coming from the opposite direction.

She gasped as she turned behind and instead saw another red car speeding towards her.

She froze on the spot. Her brain was yelling at her to run, to escape for her life.

But she couldn't move at all.

She squeezed her eyes shut and waited for the impact that would have been capable to shatter all her bones.

*This is real.* she thought, her face pale. *This is a real accident. Not a fake one. I'll die.*

She could hear the engine of he car coming nearer and nearer, same for her death.

*I love you Joongie. I really do.* she thought.

All of a sudden, a pair of warm strong arms she was so familiar to, grabbed her by the waist and flung her towards the pavement.

She landed on her side, scraping her elbows and knees. Her eyes opened in surprise.

And horror.

Jaejoong had pushed her out of the road at the last minute, and instead, the red car came speeding towards him and hit him hard.

His body flew backwards a full five meters and he hit his head on a lamp post.

Eunmi paled. Her world darkened all of a sudden.

"JOONGIE!!" Eunmi shrieked and ran towards the bleeding and hurt Jaejoong. "Joongie please don't die!" she hugged the figure in her arms, crying profusely.

Of all the wounds Jaejoong suffered, the one on his head was the worst. He was bleeding so hard from his head, the side of his hair was all covered in blood.

Suhee stood from the other side of the road, completely stunned. *This wasn't supposed to happen. Nobody was supposed to be hit.*

Eunmi shook the unconscious Jaejoong. "Joongie!! Why did you save me? Please wake up!" she shrieked. She looked around her like a crazy woman. "Call the ambulance someone!!"

"Joongie.." she wiped his face of his blood and cuddled him to her chest. "You'll be alright Joongie. Please."