Chapter 1

Cinderella

“Do Kyungsoo-ssi?”

The wide-eyed boy, sitting with his legs outstretched and hands supporting his body, looks over his shoulder to meet her eyes in surprise.  “How did you-“

“Um, I know you don’t want people to find out that you like to skip classes here, so, um, it’s a favor my friend, Sohyun, asked for, can you, err, possibly write something here,” Haerin cuts him off and hands him a post-it and a pen.  “To cheer for her upcoming exams?” She grins sheepishly and continues.  “She’s applying for college,”

He frowns at her incredulously and reluctantly takes the post-it and pen, writing a simple ‘Good luck on your exams, Sohyun-ssi.  Hope you get in.  Hwaiting.’ and signing it before returning it to the girl standing behind him. 

 

“Thank you so much,” Haerin bows deeply towards him, smiling brightly.  “She’s going to appreciate it.  I appreciate it.  So, err, I’ll leave you to yourself,” She walks away, evidently happy that she succeeded in getting the famous Do Kyungsoo to write something for her friend (who is head over heels for him).

 

“Excuse me,” He calls and she turns with her eyebrows raised.

“Yes?”

“How did you know I was here?”

 

She shrugs.  “I’ve been listening to you sing, for a couple of weeks,” Her eyes twinkle as she tucks a lock of hair behind her ear casually.  “I didn’t know how you looked like because I never really pay attention to who’s who, but people said you’re the guy with the best voice in town,” Chuckling, she waves lightly before completely turning back around.  “They weren’t exaggerating,”

 

Kyungsoo blinks at the girl who disappeared as fast as she appeared in front of his eyes. 

 

A smile tugs at the corner of his lips.  There he was, worried that his own personal sanctuary might have been intruded when actually, she was there all along, under his nose.  First girl to not squeal at the sight of him, and first girl to notice him purely by the sound of his voice.

 

Whoever this girl is, she has piqued his interest.

 

***

 

“Haerin, I love you!” Haerin’s best friend, Sohyun, shrieks aloud in class during recess.  “I am so getting into college,”

“Ssh!” Haerin hisses, but can’t help smiling at her friend.  Sohyun had lost her motivation for college and Haerin was practically dying from her inability to help her get her spirit back.  But Do Kyungsoo turned out to be very helpful. 

 

“How did you get this, anyways? Are you guys friends? Oh my God, you guys know each other?” Sohyun gapes, narrowing her eyes at Haerin.  “Why didn’t you tell me sooner? You can’t be dating, can’t yo-“

“Sohyun, do you want me to get killed over and over again by every single girl in this school?” Haerin clamps her hand over her friend’s mouth, looking around cautiously, glad that Sohyun hadn’t mentioned the kingka’s name aloud.  “I just asked him for a favor, geez,”

“You’ve got guts,” Sohyun giver her a thumbs up. 

Haerin winks.  “Well, anything for you, baby,”

 

It’s not that she had guts; Haerin just wanted to help Sohyun get her spirits back in check.  And she’s the kind of person that once she has a goal set, she’d do anything to get there.  Even asking the school’s kingka for a favor without introducing herself. 

 

At the thought, Haerin freezes.  “Sohyun,”

“What?”

“If you ask someone you don’t know for a favor, do you introduce yourself first?”

“Like, a simple, ‘Hi, I’m blahblahblah, nice to meet you, can you blahblahblah’? I guess so, that’s, like, common courtesy,”

“If for instance, we’re strangers, and then I come up to you and call you by name and cut you off when you’re about to talk and then ask you for a favor, would you be freaked out?”

“Rather than freaked out,” Sohyun taps her chin in thought.  “I’d be like, ooookay..?”

“That’s what you call getting freaked out,” Haerin groans, messing up her own hair. 

Sohyun eyes her and realization dawns on her.  “Did you do that towards-?”

 

Groaning miserably, Haerin nods.  Her deceased mother had always reminded her to have more common sense.  Haerin is a very insensitive person.  She might be meticulous at times and about lots of things, but she’s pretty dense and has exactly zero amount of self-consciousness.  She doesn’t even know where she got it.  Her mother was her complete opposite.

 

Sohyun flinches when Haerin stands from her chair right when the bell rings.  “Hae? Where you goin’?” She asks.

“It’s 3-B, right?”

“What’s 3-“

That person’s class,”

Sohyun nods, frowning.  “What are you going to do?” She yells after Haerin.

Already running out, Haerin answers.  “I’m going to introduce myself!”

 

Haerin finds 3-B at the end of the hall and slides the door open loudly, causing all eyes in the class to fall upon her.  She scans the students and spots the guy she’s looking for, sitting by the window, looking at her with mild shock.

“Yes, can I help you?” The teacher, seemingly annoyed that someone disturbed her lecture, asks Haerin impatiently.

“Ah, I’m Son Haerin, I’m sorry, I got the wrong class,” She bows, but keeps her eyes on Kyungsoo to make sure that he gets her point.  “I’m Son Haerin, and I’m sorry,”

“Okay, okay we get it, now can you leave? I’ve got a class to teach,”

“Yes, okay,” Haerin gives her a quick smile and points at her nametag for the last time, looking straight at Kyungsoo.  “Son Haerin.  Is sorry,”

 

She runs back to class, grinning when she meets her teacher at the hall.  She smoothly takes over the papers he had in his arms.  “Let me help you with that,”

“Why, thank you,” He comes in after her.  “You’re late?”

“I’m Haerin,” Haerin shrugs.  “You’re late,”

He chuckles.  “Go to your seat, Haerin-ssi.  Let’s start today’s class,”

 

***

 

Kyungsoo can’t wipe the smile off his face after Haerin disappeared for the second time today.  He had to place his mouth on his palm to not look like a complete goof. 

 

“You know her?” His classmate, Sehun, asks, catching Kyungsoo mid-smile.

“I do now,” Kyungsoo shrugs.

 

He leans back onto his chair, chuckling quietly.  She’s quite the amusing character, that Son Haerin.  She has a thing for surprising him and disappearing right before his eyes.  She had appeared at the rooftop without notice, asking him for a favor when she barely knows him.  And then, she rushes to his class, hair slightly tousled, cutting his lesson just to introduce herself all over again.

 

“Yes, Kyungsoo-ssi? Do you find what we’re talking about funny?” The English teacher catches him and he forces a straight face on.

“No, ma’am,” He answers.

She asks again, switching to English.  “Do you know, what we’re talking about?”

Letting himself smile again, he answers in perfect English.  “Cinderella,” 

 

first chappie is up!

tell me what you think guys!