Chapter 19

Melancholy of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Noona…”

“Hmm…” Taeyeon glanced at her brother.

“Noona, I think we need to go back to Seoul.” Joonmyun scratched the back of his neck.

 

Taeyeon stopped from reading the book to fix her eyes on her brother, waiting for his next words.

 

“Yoona…” Joonmyun sighed. “We’ve did everything, we tried everything but in the end, she chose to see darkness rather than seeing me.”

 

Taeyeon knew what her brother is talking about. She knew that Yoona would choose to see darkness ever since she left with them. She knew that Yoona wants her brother to pay on every wrong he did.

 

“Noona, I’ve already arrange everything.” Joonmyun softly said as he handed all the documents needed to Taeyeon, making his sister to stare at him with confusion drawn on her face.

 

Joonmyun smiled softly at his sister before he headed on his and Yoona’s room to check if his wife is already sleeping.

 

*****

Jessica heave a frustrated sigh as she finish another blind date, her mother organized for her. Even though, she was already accepted on their family, her mother still believes that there is a chance where she would change her preference, especially that Yoona is already married to a man.

 

“Yoona.” Jessica mumbled as Yoona’s image flashed on her mind.

“Hi.” A guy greeted her with a huge smile on his face.

“Your name.” Jessica yawned, realizing that it is another blind date, her mother set up.

“Lee Donghae.”

 

Jessica stared at the guy in front of her. His name is so familiar to her. His handsome face is angelic. His smile is warmth. His voice is addicting.

 

“Jessica, I am Donghae.” The guy in front of her suddenly bursts into laughs seeing how her eyes widened after seeing him.

“Let’s get this thing fast.” Jessica uttered, trying to avoid his gaze. “I am not into guys…”

“I know…” Donghae cut her words, which made her roll her eyes on him. “You had a girlfriend. Her name is Im Yoona, who is now Kim Joonmyun’s wife…”

 

Jessica coughed hearing what he just said, is something she could never forgive.

 

“Your ex girlfriend was like a gangster back then.” Donghae laughed, remembering things that happened on the past.

 

Jessica glared at him, feeling that she had known this guy in front of her before, but couldn’t remember when she met him.

 

“You don’t really remember me?” Donghae asked, seeing the puzzled face of Jessica.

 

 

*****

Flashbacks

“Who made the Ice princess cry this time? Did that Donghae broke up with you?” Yoona asked as soon a she saw Jessica sobbing on their school cafeteria.

 

After Yoona made sure that Jessica is alright, she left her with some of their fellow classmates to lurk around the campus just to find a certain guy named, Lee Donghae. While lurking around, she met Yuri. The latter was so suspicious of how Yoona’s eyes are fuming in anger so she followed her.

 

Yoona headed to Donghae’s homeroom and waited until his class was finished. As soon as she saw that students are already coming out of the room, she sneaked inside the classroom and saw Donghae, busy laughing with his friends, while sitting down on the table.

 

“Dude, you broke a heart again, this time a Jung. Who’s next?” One of his friends asked, while laughing.

“Don’t tell me you want to try Im Yoona. Joonmyun would hunt you down.” Another friend of him said.

“Don’t worry. I won’t. Yoona is not like a fool unlike Jessica. She is so easy to get.”

 

Yuri also sneaked inside the classroom and closed the door.

 

“Tell her you love her and she’ll say yes.” Donghae scoffed, making all of his friends laughed with him.

 

Yoona, who was listening to them, run to Donghae and gave him a punch on the face that he deserve, making him fell from the table to the chair. Her fuming doe eyes are staring at him, as if she wanted him dead. She can accept any insult but insulting Jessica is the end of her patience.

 

“Yoona?” Donghae widened his eyes.

“Dare to insult Jessica again, and I will kill you, instantly, Lee Donghae. I am not afraid to kill anyone for Jessica.”

 

Donghae wanted to get back but his legs are trembling in fear. Yoona’s message is very clear, and they all know how powerful Yoona’s family is.

 

After threatening Donghae, Yoona left him with his friends. She lurked around the campus again to calm herself because she couldn’t let Jessica see the other side of her. She’s too afraid that she might say or do something that would make Jessica run away from her.

 

Yoona heave a deep sigh as she stopped on the entrance of the cafeteria, her eyes starts to wander, trying to find the girl, she wants to go beyond just to protect her. Not a far away from her, her eyes finally caught the girl she is looking for, laughing with their fellow classmates. The girl’s eyes are glowing, that even she, who is watching her from afar, can see the glow on her eyes. She wanted to keep it that way. Yoona wanted to keep the Jessica she is seeing right in that moment because even though they are not together, as long as she see that Jessica is happy, she feel contented, her heart feel contented.

 

End of Flashbacks

*****

 

Jessica laughed after hearing the story Donghae told. Yoona never mentioned anything on her. If only she knew back then that the doe eyed girl loves her, everything right now is different.

 

“Right after that, I already knew that, ah, this girl is in love with you.” Donghae suddenly said, cutting Jessica’s laughs. “I don’t know what took you so long or you just waited for her wedding day to ruin it because knowing you, you love dramas.” He took a sip of a coffee.

 

Jessica just stared at him, she herself, doesn’t know the answer what took her so long to realize that her best friend loves her and she loves her back. Everyone already knew that Yoona loves her except her. Except her, Yoona’s best friend. She should be the one, who should be the one to know it first but she f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter