Chapter 2

Melancholy of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You’ll going to marry Joonmyeon.” Mr. Im creased his brow at his own daughter’s behavior.

“I don’t love him…”

“Enough, Yoona! You’ll marry him no matter what! Aren’t you ashamed of yourself?” Mr. Im asked.

“Why would I?” Yoona confidently answered.

“You are such a shameful wrench! Go to Kim’s household and asked for forgiveness!” Mr. Im tried to hold his anger by turning his back on his own daughter.

“No, I won’t.” Yoona uttered making her father to face her again with a frown. “Dad, I never had a chance to decide for myself. This time, all I am asking for is to let me decide for my life.”

 

Yoona hoped that her words would reach her dad’s heart or would at least melt it by little but she was wrong. Instead, her face received a slap coming from him. Her father’s eyes are already covered with anger. Yes, she is scared but she tried not to show it because she knew that no matter how difficult her father is, he still has a heart and she is still his own daughter.

 

“Dad, all I want is to be accepted. I am not what you think, I am not what you grew, and I am not a robot or a machine that you can control. Dad, this is me, a girl who fell in love with a same gender as mine.” Yoona stared directly in her father’s eyes, hoping that he can at least understand her but she was wrong. Her father’s eyes are boiling with too much anger and it can be clearly seen. One more word from her will cost her life.

 

“Get out.” Her father uttered which she obeyed.

*****

 

“Why did you appear like that in front of many people?” Mr. Jung has his back facing his daughter. He was still out of words but he tried not to be eaten by his anger.

“I have no choice, dad.”

“Do you love her?” Mr. Jung directly asked. He is tired hearing the same answer from his own daughter over and over.

“Yes, I do.” Jessica muttered, making her father to face her.

“You do know the consequences you’ll face, am I right?” Her father asked which she nodded as a reply. “Are you willing to lose everything you have?”

“Dad?” Jessica was suddenly taken aback by the question. She didn’t think of it when she run to church and stopped Yoona’s wedding.

“I am willing to take everything away from you if you continue that craziness of you.” Mr. Jung was more than serious at his words and Jessica knows it very well.

 

Losing everything she has scares her the most. She never thought of it and that is one of the reasons why she never broke any rule and strictly abided it. But what had she done wrong? Is falling in love with same gender as her is really wrong? She never saw a rule that says falling in love is wrong.

 

“Stay away from her or you will lose everything…”

*****

As soon as Yoona stepped outside her car, eyes were pinned on her, whispers that she can still hear lingered in her ears. People are starting to judge her because of what happened to her wedding. She’s hurt, more than hurt hearing those gossips but she’s trying to ignore all of it because the wish she’d been wishing for had came true. As she passed their school hallway she met Joonmyeon, the guy she supposed to marry, she smiled at him but only received a cold shoulders from him. However, she understands him. She exactly knew what he feels so she just let it out. When she entered their classroom, she found Jessica staring blankly into nothingness and their classmates are gossiping about them.

 

“Hey, Yoona, is it true?” Sunny was the first one to ask her.

“Believe on what you want to believe.” She softly said before heading to Jessica.

Sunny scratched her head and giggled.

 

“Jessica.” Yoona woke Jessica up from spacing out, making the girl to almost stumble from her seat.

“I have something to tell you, Yoona.” Jessica stood up and asked Yoona to follow her.

 

Even though, Yoona doesn’t know what Jessica will say, she already had a bad feeling about it and it scares the hell out of her. What if Jessica had finally woken up and decided to just stay friends? No, that can’t be. She’d been dreaming of them together for a long time and now, that everything’s right, she wouldn’t let anything break her dream.

 

“What happened… Just forget all of it.” Jessica uttered as soon as they reached their school’s rooftop.

Yoona burst into laughs, “Nice joke, Sica yah, very nice.” She tried to touch Jessica’s face but the girl refused to by moving a step backward.

“It wasn’t a joke. What happened was a mistake. I was too afraid that if you get married I’ll lose you as my best friend. But after thinking about it all night, I realized that our friendship will not end even if you get married. You exactly know how I love all these things that I have, and I wouldn’t sacrifice all of it.” Jessica let out

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter