Chapter 1

Melancholy of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Jessica, I love you and I will always will.” A doe eyed girl, whose body is lying on a cold pavement managed to say to the person lying a few distance away from her.

“I love you too, Yoona, to eternity and beyond.” The girl managed to reply using her weak voice.

 

The childhood first love that developed into a more serious one, a love story that faced many struggles but still didn’t made them fell out of love, but no matter how strong their relationship is, there is always something that’ll break them apart.

 

Yoona and Jessica were childhood best friends, with Yoona as Jessica’s childhood hero, the doe eyed girl never failed to be with the Ice princess’ side through thick and thin. Until both of them developed a feeling that is not accepted by the society they’re both in.

 

Even with their parents and families refusal to accept them, they still managed to stay strong together. They faced all of the humiliations their relationship received, together. Yoona was asked to leave her family by her own father because she is nothing but a shame to them. Jessica had been removed as a Jung heiress, and even her last name had been asked to be removed from her name. They are nothing but just a disgrace to their families but that didn’t stop neither frightened them. They both followed their hearts and elope. They stayed with each other even their lives become a mess. True to that, their love for each other is undeniably strong and nothing can break it.

 

“We’ll be with each other again, promise?” Yoona asked.

“I promise…”

 

Yoona attempted to close the distance of them but she failed, instead, Jessica tried to reach Yoona’s hands, making the doe eyed girl to do the same but even luck isn’t on their side as they both failed, but they didn’t stop, they tried hard to reach each other’s hands until they closed their eyes without touching each other’s hands but smile didn’t left their faces. They both believe that even if they didn’t reach each other’s hands, they’ll still be together in eternity.

 

*****

 

“Here...” A doe eyed kid offered her handkerchief to a crying kid.

 

The crying kid refused to accept the doe eyed girl’s offer but the latter was so persistent and that made the crying kid to accept it. A smile formed on the kid’s face for the first time since she entered school.

 

“You know, a girl who’s as beautiful as you shouldn’t be crying.” The doe eyed kid helped the crying kid to stand up.

“Thank you.” The kid smiled wide.

“There, you look pretty. Just remember to smile always.” The doe eyed kid laughed that made the kid to blush. “I am Im Yoona, by the way.”

“Jessica Jung.”

“You got a very nice name, Jessica.”

“Jung Sooyeon’s my Korean name.”

“Ah, let’s play?” Yoona offered a hand to Jessica and the latter gladly accepted it.

*****

“Who made the Ice princess cry this time? Did that Donghae broke up with you?” Yoona asked as soon a she saw Jessica sobbing in their school cafeteria.

“He… he… has… another girl…” Jessica burst into tears.

 

Yoona shook her head and gave Jessica a warmth hug as she patted her back. That was the tenth time in their junior high that Jessica had been dumped by her boyfriend. Jessica always wished for a fairytale like relationship and that scared her boyfriends away.

 

“Don’t enter a relationship again, please, Jessica, do not hurt yourself.” Yoona softly said.

“You are lucky because your parents arranged a marriage of you with a good guy.” Jessica continues to sobs.

“But my heart isn’t with him…” Yoona uttered making Jessica to furrow her brows.

“Joonmyeon is a perfect guy. You’re indeed lucky, Yoong.”

“Had you ever thought of not following the path your parents asked you to follow?” Yoona suddenly asked out of nowhere.

“No and never. I can’t live without all of these.” Jessica answered with all honesty which made Yoona to just smile and nod at her.

 

It wasn’t the answer Yoona expected. It was completely opposite to the answer she wanted to hear ever since she developed a wrong feeling for Jessica. Yes, Yoona is in love with Jessica. She knew that it was wrong and if ever she confessed to the girl, she’ll be rejected and the scariest thing for her is Jessica will start to ignore her as if she’s just an air. Yoona doesn’t want that to happen so she’s contented loving Jessica from afar, wishing that someday, Jessica will notice her feeling.

*****

 

The day, Yoona will tie a knot with Kim’s heir, Kim Joonmyeon had finally arrived. Yoona and Jessica were on their senior days of high school but marrying in very young age is not a new thing to chaebol families. As much as Jessica wanted to attend Yoona’s wedding, she decided to attend her class because last time she saw Yoona on wedding dress during the latter’s fitt

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter